Fanspeak.com Seahawk Draft Simulations

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I used cbs' rankings. Some of them are still way out of whack (Keanu Neal in the 200's??).

26: R1P26
DE EMMANUEL OGBAH
OKLAHOMA STATE
56: R2P25
OT SHON COLEMAN
AUBURN
90: R3P27
DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
98: R3P35
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
125: R4P26
G ISAAC SEUMALO
OREGON STATE
172: R5P32
G DENVER KIRKLAND
ARKANSAS
216: R6P40
WR MIKE THOMAS
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
226: R7P4
OLB CURT MAGGITT
TENNESSEE
248: R7P26
RB MARSHAUN COPRICH
ILLINOIS STATE

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's my Seahawk mock on fanspeak -

26: R1P26 OT JACK CONKLIN MICHIGAN STATE

56: R2P25 RB DERRICK HENRY ALABAMA

90: R3P27 DT MALIEK COLLINS NEBRASKA

98: R3P35 TE NICK VANNETT OHIO STATE

125: R4P26 OLB JORDAN JENKINS GEORGIA

172: R5P32 G DENVER KIRKLAND ARKANSAS

216: R6P40 C AUSTIN BLYTHE IOWA

226: R7P4 DE ANTHONY ZETTEL PENN STATE

248: R7P26 CB LLOYD CARRINGTON ARIZONA STATE

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Just to show how silly this is. If we got this draft I would guarantee at least 2 more SB in the next 4 years with this rookie class. Again using CBS rankings.

OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE
G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN
ARIZONA STATE
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
98: R3P35
OLB DEION JONES
LSU
125: R4P26
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
172: R5P32
S KEANU NEAL
FLORIDA
216: R6P40
WR MIKE THOMAS
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
226: R7P4
DE STEPHEN WEATHERLY
VANDERBILT
248: R7P26
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA

kearly

Reaction score
Nice topic Hawkscanner.

The #26 pick is going to set up the rest of the draft. Seattle wants an offensive tackle and they want an impact pass rusher, and #26 is their only opportunity to fill that need realistically. I know people will be super pissed if Seattle passes on Coleman or Ifedi or Conklin for a project pass rusher like Floyd or Washington, but I could see it happening. Not saying it's what I would do, but I could see it.

Seattle generally tends to draft 1st rounders who weren't mocked in the 1st round, and they often tend to draft 2nd rounders who weren't mocked in the 2nd round. It wouldn't shock me at all if Seattle's 2nd round pick had all of us shouting "who?!"

Of all the names that get spit out over and over again the past few months on this forum, I'll be pleased if just one of them actually ends up in Seattle. The Seahawks rank prospects in a very unusual and unique way and oddly enough it's their later round picks that are easier to predict since at that point they are just shopping for SPARQ kings.

WIth that said, I love some of the mocks in here. I don't think they will happen that way but I would love it if they did.

McGruff

Reaction score
I have no reason to think this other than gut, but gut says that if Floyd is there at 26, nothing else will matter. They will take him. Comparisons range from Dion Jordan to Jason Taylor. One end would suck, the other would be a steal.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kearly":2acr1a6y said:
Nice topic Hawkscanner.

The #26 pick is going to set up the rest of the draft. Seattle wants an offensive tackle and they want an impact pass rusher, and #26 is their only opportunity to fill that need realistically. I know people will be super pissed if Seattle passes on Coleman or Ifedi or Conklin for a project pass rusher like Floyd or Washington, but I could see it happening. Not saying it's what I would do, but I could see it.

Seattle generally tends to draft 1st rounders who weren't mocked in the 1st round, and they often tend to draft 2nd rounders who weren't mocked in the 2nd round. It wouldn't shock me at all if Seattle's 2nd round pick had all of us shouting "who?!"

Of all the names that get spit out over and over again the past few months on this forum, I'll be pleased if just one of them actually ends up in Seattle. The Seahawks rank prospects in a very unusual and unique way and oddly enough it's their later round picks that are easier to predict since at that point they are just shopping for SPARQ kings.

WIth that said, I love some of the mocks in here. I don't think they will happen that way but I would love it if they did.

I wholeheartedly agree. I would love it if some of these mocks actually happened ... but history says that the Seahawks will do what no one is expecting them to do at #26. They'll shock us all and draft a kicker. J/K ;)

I don't know how many of you ever check these out, but Fanspeak actually chose one of my mocks this week as one of their 3 featured Mocks ...
http://fanspeak.com/nfldraft/2016/03/18/user-mock-drafts-318/

The funny thing is, I didn't feel the one they chose was one of my better ones. Here's one that I just got through with that I would do back-flips (as I'm sure other people would as well) if this draft actually happened. Though I wasn't able to nab a defensive tackle, I'd be fairly happy about this haul ...

26: R1P26 -- OT JACK CONKLIN (MICHIGAN STATE) -- As stated above, Plug and Play LT with the toughness and grit Seattle loves. FWIW (in other words, not much), both Rob Rang and Pete Prisco have Conklin going to Seattle at #26 in their latest mocks. Would be nice.

56: R2P25 -- RB DERRICK HENRY (ALABAMA) -- HOLY HANNAH! I think I would literally soil myself if this year's Heisman Trophy winner actually fell to the Seahawks at #56. John Schneider would break the NFL combine 40 yard dash record dashing to the podium were that to happen. Exit Marshawn Lynch … enter the nation’s top tackle breaking machine. Would look very nice in a Seahawks uniform.

90: R3P27 -- OLB DEION JONES (LSU) – Jones had a fantastic Pro Day a few days ago, running the 40 in 4.38 seconds (that is humming and would have been by far the fastest time among LB's at the Combine) … the shuttle in 4.26 seconds … a 35.5” vertical … and benching 225 lbs 18 times. That is outstanding overall athleticism, which coupled with his 32 3/8” arms will make him a player Seattle will very much have on their radar.

98: R3P35 -- G CONNOR MCGOVERN (MISSOURI) -- Top SPARQ Offensive Lineman in this draft. I think most of us have him in pen going to the Seahawks somehow some way.

125: R4P26 -- CB RASHARD ROBINSON (LSU) -- At LSU’s Pro Day, Robinson was clocked at 4.43 in the 40 and posted a respectable 34.5” vertical. He’s been away from the football field for awhile, but he’s got it within him (given time) to be one of the best cover corners to come out of this draft IMO.

172: R5P32 -- CB DARYL WORLEY (WEST VIRGINIA) – Willie Henry was going to be the pick here, but he and Matt Iaonnidis were both gone by the time the #172 pick rolled around. Worley is a good consolation prize though, as he’s a quick, athletic DB with good overall instincts. Due to a lack of sheer speed, he may end up at Safety, which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing.

216: R6P40 -- WR MIKE THOMAS (SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI) – I’ve professed my love for this kid already and wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever to see him end up in a Seahawk uniform …
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124208

226: R7P4 -- C AUSTIN BLYTHE (IOWA) – Blythe is a bit of a break with the Seahawks usual MO, as he’s only got 30 ¼” arms. That said, he’s got 3 years of experience at center and was a 3 time state champion wrestler in high school. He comes from a zone blocking scheme and is an excellent run blocker. He ranks 22nd on the SPARQ list for linemen (just behind Connor Glasgow) and was the best remaining center left on the board. He had 29 reps of 225 lbs (#1 among the Centers) … a 7.52 cone drill (3rd best among Centers) … a 4.53 shuttle (2nd best among Centers). If he’s still there at #226 … and Seattle hasn’t yet drafted a center, I’d have to think he’d be a consideration despite having shorter arms than they’d like.

248: R7P26 -- OLB MONTESE OVERTON (EAST CAROLINA) – Pete Carroll and the Seahawks love freak athletes … and Overton is one of the freakiest in this draft. Though he ran only a 4.6 at the Combine, he has been clocked in the low 4.3’s in the 40 before. He has vertical jumped 36.5” … bench pressed 345 pounds … and has great overall athleticism. You look for athletes this late in the draft and Overton certainly fits that bill.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I believe Kearly is exactly correct when he says that the #26 pick will set up everything for the rest of the draft for the Hawks. Though it may be unconventional wisdom, I might actually look to Trade DOWN in to the top part of the 2nd Round if I were John Schneider (and I'm sure he will pull off a trade down scenario if given the chance), if it perhaps nets the Seahawks another 3rd or 4th round pick. The thought process here would be that there is a possibility that Seattle could trade down and still get a German Ifedi or Le'Raven Clark later on ... address the center position ... AND reel in another highly rated player that could come in and add depth.

That said, Fanspeak's basic package doesn't allow trades, so here is my latest go around this morning. In terms of filling holes, I think this one really ticks most of the boxes for the Hawks ...

26: R1P26 -- OT JACK CONKLIN (MICHIGAN STATE) -- With Okung gone, I contend that it all starts with protecting Russell Wilson's blind side. Conklin plays with nastiness and appears to have enough athleticism to man the left side and keep the dogs at bay.

56: R2P25 -- RB DERRICK HENRY (ALABAMA) -- The Surprise Happy Birthday pick again falls in to Seattle's lap here. It would be laughable to think the Heisman Trophy winner and the one RB in this draft who most fits what the Hawks would need might actually be available ... but stranger things have happened.

90: R3P27 -- OLB DEION JONES (LSU) – Repeating from yesterday, Jones had a fantastic day at LSU's Pro Day blistering the 40 in 4.38 seconds … the shuttle in 4.26 seconds … a 35.5” vertical … and benching 225 lbs 18 times. That is outstanding overall athleticism, which coupled with his 32 3/8” arms will make him a player Seattle will very much have on their radar.

98: R3P35 -- G CONNOR MCGOVERN (MISSOURI) -- Top SPARQ Offensive Lineman in this draft with toughness, nastiness, and just so happens to be the strongest lineman in this draft. Enough said.

125: R4P26 -- G GRAHAM GLASGOW (MICHIGAN) -- – After having done several drafts, I decided to nab the best remaining Center on the board … and one who ranks #20 on the SPARQ chart for linemen. At 6’6” 307 pounds, he is a mountain of a man who possesses all of the measurables that Seattle likes. Believe it or not, Jim Harbaugh has been very good for him, as he and his coaching staff have transformed him from Brother Bluto (Animal House) to a very good prospect that some are projecting as high as the 2nd or even 3rd Round.

172: R5P32 -- DT WILLIE HENRY (MICHIGAN) – intriguing athletic Defensive Tackle whom some are comparing to Star Lotulelei. He looked very good at the U. of Michigan Pro Day showing the ability to really move.

216: R6P40 -- WR MIKE THOMAS (SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI) – I’ve summed up my thoughts on this guy here …

226: R7P4 -- CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL (NOTRE DAME) – Russell was considered to be Notre Dame’s best CB before missing the entire 2014 Season with academic issues and dealing with a broken leg. He is a physical corner with enough speed (4.49 in the 40) and quickness to make it in the NFL. He looks like a guy to me who would do well as a slot corner or in dime packages.

248: R7P26 -- CB LESHAUN SIMS (SOUTHERN UTAH) – because of Miles Killebrew, Sims is going to get somewhat overlooked. He shouldn’t (and hasn’t been) though, as he impressed scouts at the East West Shrine Game. At 6’0 203 pounds, he has good size, has 31.6” arms (hopefully the Hawks see that as close enough), and possesses enough speed (4.53) to make it in the NFL. According to his profile, he ran a verified 4.41 in the Spring. His tape shows a player who is solid in his ability to mirror and cover receivers, who plays the ball well, and knows how to use the sideline to his benefit. He also appears to be a good open field tackler. For a player this late in the draft, Sims would be a good value pick.

LeShaun Sims Highlights …
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/663369/highlights/318767391

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
I have used Fanspeak for a few years, and its only $5-7.00 to get the premium that allows realistic trades. As the draft gets closer you get more of a prospects selection....CBS...Draft-Tek...Walters...Bleacher Report. Once you are a Premium member, each Dec they off a Early Bird special...$1.99. Well worth the price in entertainment value. Also you can be the GM...and work your CAP situation....redo contracts....cut/sign free agents. Can certainly fill a night, if you have no life. *S*

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":2et7z0sa said:
I have used Fanspeak for a few years, and its only $5-7.00 to get the premium that allows realistic trades. As the draft gets closer you get more of a prospects selection....CBS...Draft-Tek...Walters...Bleacher Report. Once you are a Premium member, each Dec they off a Early Bird special...$1.99. Well worth the price in entertainment value. Also you can be the GM...and work your CAP situation....redo contracts....cut/sign free agents. Can certainly fill a night, if you have no life. *S*
Lol. I'm sure you have a life!

This stuff is addicting, though. I was previously a bit critical of Fanspeak earlier in this thread. But, I gave it a whirl again and I agree with Hawkscanner that it's better than First-pick. I don't have the premium, but the player valuations seem to be more accurate. I'll have to try cbs board. I've felt the composite isn't too bad.

I think I'll probably hold off getting the premium, though. My addiction needs to stay in check somewhat. I won't have the kind of time that would consume. Lol

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2xlquyp2 said:
CDN_C_Hawk":2xlquyp2 said:

This stuff is addicting, though. I was previously a bit critical of Fanspeak earlier in this thread. But, I gave it a whirl again and I agree with Hawkscanner that it's better than First-pick. I don't have the premium, but the player valuations seem to be more accurate. I'll have to try cbs board. I've felt the composite isn't too bad.

I think I'll probably hold off getting the premium, though. My addiction needs to stay in check somewhat. I won't have the kind of time that would consume. Lol

Its the Football withdrawal's....at this time of year that...tends to have die-hard fans....getting their football fix and being able to play GM of the team your passionate about. It is interesting....to see what the simulator gives the Hawks when you draft as another team as well.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":36xjbiph said:
TeamoftheCentury":36xjbiph said:
CDN_C_Hawk":36xjbiph said:

Its the Football withdrawal's....at this time of year that...tends to have die-hard fans....getting their football fix and being able to play GM of the team your passionate about. It is interesting....to see what the simulator gives the Hawks when you draft as another team as well.
Yeah, I play around with that as well. It is interesting. Might be good therapy prior to the actual draft. Get prepared to be surprised.
I love these draft sims. I only had paper and the various draft guide books growing up. I remember how I couldn't wait for those things to hit the shelves.

McGruff

Reaction score
OT JACK CONKLIN
MICHIGAN STATE
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
OLB JORDAN JENKINS
GEORGIA
97: R3P34
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
MISSOURI
124: R4P26
DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS
171: R5P32
TE BEAU SANDLAND
MONTANA STATE
215: R6P40
S JORDAN LUCAS
PENN STATE
225: R7P4
RB JHURELL PRESSLEY
NEW MEXICO
247: R7P26
DT CONNOR WUJCIAK
BOSTON COLLEGE

Used cbs rankings and my own personal draft board as a guide. I'd be pretty happy with how this turned out, but no way we get Conklin and Butler in the first two rounds.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
With just a couple of weeks to go, I thought I would fire up the Fanspeak site again and whip out another draft. Here is my latest little jobbie. See what you all think …

26: R1P26 -- OT JACK CONKLIN (MICHIGAN STATE) – Conklin again fell to the Hawks in this scenario, so I quickly pounced and grabbed a guy whom I believe is a Beast of a Talent and one of the top linemen in this draft. Smart Plug and Play LT with the length, toughness, grit, and overall nastiness Seattle likes.

56: R2P25 -- DT VERNON BUTLER (Louisiana Tech) – I couldn’t believe that a DT the quality of a Vernon Butler was still available at #56, so again pounced to grab a guy who appears to be flying up draft boards due to his overall athleticism and explosiveness. The Seahawks appear to like him, as he’s already visited with Seattle.

90: R3P27 – LB KYLER FACKRELL (Utah State) – Very athletic relentless linebacker who possesses a lot of qualities that I believe could attract the Seahawks. At 6’5” he has good overall length and athleticism and has not only shown that he can rush the passer, but also drop in to space and cover as well. With Bruce Irvin deciding to don the Silver and Black, Fackrell could be a nice replacement.

98: R3P35 -- OG CONNOR MCGOVERN (MISSOURI) -- Top SPARQ Offensive Lineman and one of the strongest linemen in this draft. I think most of us would be shocked if he’s not near the top of Seattle’s list of targets.

125: R4P26 -- CB RASHARD ROBINSON (LSU) -- As I noted a few weeks ago, at LSU’s Pro Day, Robinson was clocked at 4.43 in the 40 and posted a respectable 34.5” vertical. He’s been away from the football field for awhile, but he’s got it within him (given time) to be one of the best cover corners to come out of this draft IMO. If he’s there at the end of the 4th Round, I’d have to think he’d be a tempting target.

172: R5P32 -- OG JOE DAHL (WASHINGTON STATE) – If he’s still here when the Hawks draft, I’d have to think that the Seahawks would have a hard time keeping their hands off Dahl. Again, he’s got great athleticism and is one of the top SPARQ linemen in this draft. He’s not only got experience at both Tackle and Guard (he played LT last year and did a great job) … he’s a real tough guy and a local guy to boot. Dahl is a no brainer pick IMO here.

216: R6P40 -- WR MIKE THOMAS (SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI) – I’ve talked about this kid extensively before and would love to see him end up in a Seahawk uniform …

225: R7P4 – WR RICARDO LOUIS (AUBURN) – Taking a page from the Seahawks, I drafted Louis not for his prowess as a WR … but for his potential as a possible CB. As a receiver, he has trouble with routes and with overall consistency, as he has had a lot of issues with dropping the football. However, there is a lot to get excited about if you consider him a conversion project to CB. Louis is 6’2” 215 pounds and has 32 3/8” arms and 9 ½” hands. So, he has good size right there. He also absolutely lit it up at the combine, running the 40 in 4.43 seconds … posting 18 reps of 225 pounds … a 38” vertical … and a 132” broad jump. So, he’s extremely athletic and explosive and ticks all of the boxes that Seattle likes for their CB's. At this point in the draft, this is exactly the kind of gambles that you take. Perhaps he can work out as well as another former WR to CB we all know.

247: R7P26 -- QB CODY KESSLER (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA) – With Tavaris Jackson still floating out there unsigned, back-up QB is a need that has really flown under the radar for the most part. If he’s intent on seeking employment elsewhere or if the Hawks are looking to get a younger player with some upside, Kessler is a solid name to consider. While he doesn’t have a very strong arm (the real knock on him), there is a lot to really like about him in terms of a back-up QB. Kessler is a cerebral QB and has experience in a Pro Style offense at USC. Kessler goes through his progressions well and his real strength is that he is a very accurate passer (he owns the school record for Completion Percentage at 67.5%) and he doesn’t turn the ball over much (only 12 INT’s over the last 2 years). The one thing that you want from your back-up is to not lose you the game and that’s something he certainly can do.

If the Hawks were to walk away from the draft with this cast of characters, I’d be a fairly happy camper.