Who will our back up be?

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1q3ux8rj said:
Well Sanchez would sort of correct the draft pick issue with everyone wanting him instead of Curry :)

At least Sanchez stuck around long enough to become a household name.

Sanchez callofbooty tabs

vin.couve12

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":d4eos4fk said:
vin.couve12":d4eos4fk said:
The time is meow to start a Pats type plan. Ironically, I hear the Pats are interested in this one.

[youtube]aPqpczv7B3Y[/youtube]

This is the guy I was going to mention. We'd be able to trade him for a day 1 pick in a few years.
OR

RW gets seriously injured and we have something to grow while saving 30M and still get a 1st for RW in his last contract year on the comeback trail.

Picking up a QB prospect isn't black and white. RW could easily get Shermed. If he slows down he can't scramble. There's a reality that the NFL is a business.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
They can't sign Manziel.

Would be a PR nightmare if they signed him and not Kaep because of the "drama".

Manziel struck his GF, you can't bring him in and not bring in Kaep a year earlier, or even now.

Because Kaep got the closest to signing with us, the negative PR would fall entirely on the Seahawks if they did in fact sign Manziel.

Avoid!

adeltaY

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1k6x93qx said:
To hell with Craporpick. I will try to not make this political, just trying to list the facts.

Here is why he is not already employed:

*MOD EDIT* *EVERY REASON WAS POLITICAL*

I apologize to the mods if this is too political. Again, I just tried to state the facts without taking a side other than to say "Hell NO!" to signing him.

Hahaha mods that made me laugh. Good one

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":g2i3mqgo said:
The money was everything with Kaep.

Probably still is as he thinks he's worth more than the league thinks he is.

SEA didn't offer at his visit. He may have demanded more than SEA thought he was worth. Or other reasons.

A visit is not camp. It'll be obvious what his football skills are in camp. If he has the skills, offer him league minimum and a year. I don't see a lotta better UFA options out there, and let's face it, most drafted QBs aren't Carr or Goff instantly.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":199rqu8d said:
Sgt. Largent":199rqu8d said:
Tusc2000":199rqu8d said:
StaffAmerica74":199rqu8d said:
You dont sign a guy like kaep he would bring all the cameras and hes not the type to be content to be a backup.

So what? Everyone in the organization knows Russ is the QB. Let the talking heads talk. It means nothing.

Because having that ever present drama sitting on the bench all season having reporters constantly asking him drama questions isn't worth it for a backup QB.

This is a team that's making a concerted effort to get rid of players that are causing drama, not bringing them in.

Exactly. I don't understand why some here just don't get that this type of distraction is being cleared out for a big reason. It's about team, and playing for your brother, not individual agenda's anymore.

Kaep's distractions aren't about DV or DUIs or failing drug tests or not showing up for OTAs, etc. His distractions ARE distractions, but then we get all distracted about them. Can we not do that and stick to football related questions? Having a draft or rookie in backup QB position did not work out for us. Most draftees aren't ready. Yeah, Carr. But usually not. Usually having a UTA works better. So if not Kaep, what are the options here?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2aj9k18s said:
To hell with Craporpick. I will try to not make this political, just trying to list the facts.

I apologize to the mods if this is too political. Again, I just tried to state the facts without taking a side other than to say "Hell NO!" to signing him.

Let me try again.
Kaep's actions have had a detrimental effect on the NFL's bottom line. No owner wants this.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Is Krapper still a vegan? He lost a ton of weight and hardly looked like the athlete he was back in his glory days. If he signed a league min 1 year deal ok but I doubt he would take it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkfish":126s5n3c said:
if it's truly about competition, they will sign Kaep.

It's only truly about competition "most of the time", except for when it's not like coaching or superstars.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":13ghibz7 said:
WmHBonney":13ghibz7 said:

Let me try again.
Kaep's actions have had a detrimental effect on the NFL's bottom line. No owner wants this.

I fully understand this. However, discussing this gets ugly and gets the topic locked. This is why I want to keep it to can this person be a reasonable backup football-wise.

So put aside the distractions that will make this convo impossible at least so we can have the convo.

Is Kaep is a reasonable choice football-wise at league minimum for a year? If not, who is the alternative?

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
So we cut/trade guys to lessen the noise and get back to the roots but then go sign Kaep??? Don't get me wrong even as much as I hated the instagram nonsense posting Kaep when 49ers were relevant, he has has definitely grown from that immaturity since then leaps and bounds. I do believe also hasn't gotten the fairest of treatment from stance since but also just really isn't that good enough all around, zero touch. Ultimately he isn't going to take traditional back up cash and why bring in another whirl wind of media by signing him. Give me Davis again, kid is underrated, no Russ but then again n one is. Kid is more than serviceable.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3olxdll8 said:
I think an interesting tidbit that is being forgotten is that fact that PC/JS wanted to "light a fire" under Russell, part of the reason they hired Schotty. I think a Kaepernick signing AND a QB drafted Round 5 or higher would give RW enough of a pause to kick up his game a bit. Also the Hawks might try some interesting things in the next year or 2 considering RW negotiations are coming up, and seeing how ridiculous QB contracts have gotten. They are going to want some sort of leverage. (Not that Kaep is any sort of leverage, just saying they might try some "interesting" things to improve competition/not sign RW a blank check)

I have no idea if Kaep would bring to much of a Circus to town, but I trust PC/JS on evaluating that.
You think they need to light a fire underneath the guy who was 90% of the offense last season? Even worse ... you think hiring the social justice warrior to look over the shoulder of the “not black enough” qb will some how motivate more out of Russell and the team? Well that’s just asinine! Actually that’s so crazy it’s assaten!

Fade

Reaction score
Sanchez stinks, Austin Davis is better at this juncture not by much but still.

If Sanchez is really brought in, Pete is no longer competing, he is just playing favorites at that point.

James in PA

Reaction score
Just bring back Clipboard J Whitehurst & call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Dog

Reaction score
We were finally able to jettison Bennett and Sherman. No way I want Kaep here. Austin Davis will do as far as I'm concerned.

Seymour

Reaction score
Fade":3os294r4 said:

If Sanchez is really brought in, Pete is no longer competing, he is just playing favorites at that point.

That was my initial feeling also, but I have no real solid proof. I thought Davis was a decent choice to carry the clipboard and call the OT coin toss.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sanchez had his best years under Schottenheimer. That (coupled with Pete’s connection to Sanchez) is what makes him a very realistic option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":186obrd9 said:

Lol.

Dude you gotta have a backup plan (for the backup) if Davis signs elsewhere.

Russell's one of the most durable QB's in the league, are we really freaking out which journeyman backup QB we're signing for 850k?

I'd rather have Davis, he was here last year. But if someone else gives him more money? Then I'm fine with Sanchez holding the clipboard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At least he has plenty of experience. Including two AFC Championships. Yes, they got there on D, but he always was the QB behind center. Not saying he's a great QB, but certainly good enough to be a backup.

Latest posts