Who do you want in free agency?

AgentDib

Reaction score
massari":4ejmtc0s said:
Instead of spending big money on star free agents, they give up an exorbitant amount of high draft picks to bring them in via trade.
Probably not a surprise but I don't particularly like those moves either. The one year rentals for Richardson and Clowney were too all-in for my taste, and the trade for Adams is still debatable depending on what the extension lands at and how this year's weird draft class turns out.

In my view, the only way to really have a talent advantage under the current NFL rules is to draft well, and the best way to draft well is to draft often.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yet again we’ll sign no impact players during the 1st wave of FA.

Groundhog Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-Dog

Reaction score
Hoping that they're working on a deal with Cory Linsley, and once agreed we hear that Russ' contract is restructured to open cap space.

Maybe Linsley signing is dependent on Russ staying, and Russ staying is dependent on Linsley signing.

knownone

Reaction score
A-Dog":2m8pl48r said:
Hoping that they're working on a deal with Cory Linsley, and once agreed we hear that Russ' contract is restructured to open cap space.

Maybe Linsley signing is dependent on Russ staying, and Russ staying is dependent on Linsley signing.
Russ technically doesn't have a choice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If history is any indication, we have a couple of older FAs coming that will get paid more than makes any sense to a casual observer.

At least one will end up injured for the year.

We will then swing a trade or two during the year for an player we desperately need. The lower tier ones sometimes work out spectacularly (for example Dunlap).

It would have been nice to get Dunlap this year since he pretty much saved our season last year.

But for the most part, the splash FAs tend to be a terrible terrible deal for us, same with the splash trades.

Adams is spectacular, but you could argue it hasn't moved the needle much here even with the incredible sacks and physical play.

The only FAs that make sense are OL, pass rushing DEs/Edge rushers (good luck!), a decent CB, and good RB.

Of that list, only RBs are not in demand by everyone else.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Joe Thuney just got an 80 million dollar deal from the Chiefs.

Mizak

Reaction score
Patriots fans are saying team might trade Gilmore since they signed DB Jalen Mills.