When did you think we had it... be honest!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Following the Malcom Smith pick six, I was feeling pretty confident. We had shut down Denver for almost an entire half and I knew that coming back from 22 down would be almost impossible. I was still a bit nervous because I wasn't sure if our young team would be able to maintain their energy and intensity level through the extended half time.

When Harvin ran back the kickoff, I was no longer worried. There was no possible way that our D was giving up 29 in a half. I felt that the kickoff return would re-energize anyone on our team that might have lost the edge during half time, and it got our D out on the field to start the half.

That is when I looked at my SF fan buddy and asked can I start celebrating now. He said yep and I knew. (BTW not all SF fans are bad. In fact he is good enough that I treated him to a NFCCG seat next to mine this year which made the win that much sweeter.)

- bsd

CANHawk

Reaction score
After Malcolm Smith got that interception... vs. San Fransisco. I honestly never gave Denver any chance against us. I just knew they weren't built for it; finesse team that depends on timing with no real defense to speak of (relative to what we've been winning against the past month).

I knew it was cemented though as soon as Percy ran that return back for a TD to open the 2nd half. You could see it on their faces; he ate their soul on that play.

BWRyan

Reaction score
SeahawksMSHing":1n43qjch said:
Honestly when Bam Bam hit DT I just knew the Broncos were not physical enough to hang with the Seahawks. Officially when Harvin took the second half kickoff to the house the celebration was on...

Same thing. I thought, "Whoa, if this is how it's going to... we're going to murder them." Then Malcolm Smith's TD sealed it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
In my mind, the pick six by Smith sealed it.

But my nerves didn't get the message and kept me keyed up until Kearse's TD in the 3rd. I turned to my wife and said, "I think we've got this!" and she just laughed and laughed at me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm with the Harvin group. There was a chance, however, slight that Denver could have gotten back into the game with a quick score in the 3rd quarter. The return just crushed any optimism Denver had after the halftime speeches.

Norn Iron man

Reaction score
I expected to be really nervous all of Sunday, but instead was totally calm and confident, I just had a great feeling the Hawks would win - better all-round team who had gotten through far better teams to get there.

At 22-0 up at halftime I didn't see much chance of Denver getting back into it, but had seen it happen too often in different sports to be 100% confident. When Percy ran back the kick-off I said to myself that's it we’ve won this. The Kearse touchdown eliminated any last, tiny flicker of concern.

Really it was as comfortable a game as you could have hoped for. I was far more nervous before and during the NFCCG, which was the real battle between the NFL's two best teams.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I thought the Seahawks had this game won as they were walking off the field in Seattle after beating the whiners.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sealed with Percy running that kick back for a TD.

That was the dagger.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The clincher for me was the Harvin kickoff return. The look and body language on the Denver sideline after that said "ring the bell, game over!"

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Whean Smith recovered the Thomas fumble I told my buddies (not Hawks fans but anti- 2 rings for Manning) "I think this is just our day". Then when Kearse got the TD I knew it was over. Those guys, being more objective and less emotionally invovled said it was over after the Smith Pick 6. One guys, (Giants fan), ws telling me not to worry the past two weeks and assured me the Hawks were going to win in a blowout.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Malcolm Smith's pick six sealed it for me. I had a good feeling after the safety but was still uncertain about the outcome since it was early.

Seeker

Reaction score
Harvin running touchdown in resulted in everyone just laughing. not even cheering just laughing it was so good.

suppaball

Reaction score
Malcolm's pick6, that was my first real thought it was over.
However after the safety I jokingly said to my son " Well that should do it."

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Harvin's kick return, that's when I let out decades worth of pent up emotion. Despite cautioning myself that "its not over till its over" after that moment, deep down, I knew it. Game was over.