What's with the Hate

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
And he's gone. So move on
Some of us honestly don't want to move on.

We have a vested interest in all things Russell this year. When the year is complete, I suspect many of us won't be overly interested in Russell, but even if some are that is certainly okay.

I support your desire to move on, but every time you post to a Russell thread it seems like you are not ready to move on. I am not telling you to not make your comment, but really your annoyance with the subject seems better served by not even opening the thread.

You are free to do what you wish and comment how you will, but you'll probably get some pushback when you tell others how they choose to spend their time and focus.

For me and others, Russell is especially relevant to the Seahawks this year, not only as it pertains to our draft choices from Denver but also as a confirmation or rebuke of the drone of Pete Carroll hate versus the best faultless QB in Seahawks history love.

And assuming these Russell threads are being posted in the NFL forum, what is the harm beyond you don't like it?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Personally speaking I don't feel hate towards Wilson. But I truly enjoy the jokes at expense re the corny videos and admit freely that feel shadenfreude at the on field struggles. A lot of it has to do with the narrative this off-season some Russ's fault and some not
. There was so much mocking of the team for "how could they trade their star QB" from people who didn't know the internal stuff as to how the relationship was going downhill etc. Heck I'm a Hawks fan and turns out I didn't know the half of it

Then the whole Russ being "free'd" from Pete's system and predictions of how he would be unlocked in numbers. Then we started hearing the stories of how much work he and his receivers were putting in, how in sync the were already. I stopped following any of Russ's social media feeds after the trade, a friend of mine and i joking that we didn't have to see those anymore, but still getting hit with all the "propaganda" out of Denver. I just got sick of the Russ and Broncos will be amazing talking points over and over

So when all that is not going smoothly, and the same issues as in Seattle seem to be popping up in Denver, I am enjoying it. I find it funny how people are back-tracking. Those who were saying what a great match Wilson and the Broncos were and how good they were looking in camp are now changing their minds and saying it will take time for him and the Coach to mesh and for Russ to get adjusted to a new system.

Last edited:

Aircrew

Reaction score
Personally speaking I don't feel hate towards Wilson. But I truly enjoy the jokes at expense re the corny videos and admit freely that feel shadenfreude at the on field struggles. A lot of it has to do with the narrative this off-season some Russ's fault and some now. There was so much mocking of the team for "how could they trade their star QB" from people who didn't know the internal stuff as to how the relationship was going downhill etc. Heck I'm a Hawks fan and turns out I didn't know the half of it

Then the whole Russ being "free'd" from Pete's system and predictions of how he would be unlocked in numbers. Then we started hearing the stories of how much work he and his receivers were putting in, how in sync the were already. I stopped following any of Russ's social media feeds after the trade, a friend of mine and i joking that we didn't have to see those anymore, but still getting hit with all the "propaganda" out of Denver. I just got sick of the Russ and Broncos will be amazing talking points over and over

So when all that is not going smoothly, and the same issues as in Seattle seem to be popping up in Denver, I am enjoying it. I find it funny how people are back-tracking. Those who were saying what a great match Wilson and the Broncos were and how good they were looking in camp are now changing their minds and saying it will take time for him and the Coach to mesh and for Russ to get adjusted to a new system.
Oh man, well said. And LeaveLynchAlone also nailed it, some of us don't want to move on because it's in our interest to see Denver stumble as much as it's satisfying to watch. No, I fully intend to to revel in any and all struggles Russ and the Donkeys endure this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Huge difference in hoping they lose a lot and dwelling on the guy 24/7. Meh, do whatever you want. Doesn't matter.
I hope they lose every damn game they play.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Huge difference in hoping they lose a lot and dwelling on the guy 24/7. Meh, do whatever you want. Doesn't matter.
I hope they lose every damn game they play.
You know I will. I've go to go now and watch a Russell Wilson best of sack reel - 24 x 7 edition.😀

rcaido

Reaction score
Im still a Wilson supporter and i enjoy the Wilson hate thread. Its the first year, we need to keep tabs at least the first season. This was a good week for Seahawk fans. Lets see if it keeps going this Thursday.

chrispy

Reaction score
Team3 tries to be on every award show, talk show, advertisement, YouTube, endorsement deal ... so he's going to get a reaction. If he comes across as Goofy personified, 12s are gonna call it out. We all put up with it when we were on the same team. We don't have to bite our tongue anymore because someone brings up "What about the Children's Hospital.". Frankly, the personal encounters that have been relayed since he left are important to bring to light. We shouldn't blindly endorse anyone just because....

RCW is the Emperor two pages before he figures out he has no clothes.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think it's the way he left, as well as the team he went to. Lots of Broncos haters here from the old days when both teams were in the AFC West.
I could give a F where he went. I wouldn't have cared if it was divisional. That almost would have been better. This has NOTHING to do with the broncos for me. I could care less. With the exception of the orchestrated effort amongst the manningcast fan crowd, the commish and the also ran Walter P award for RW. It all just reeeks reeeks reeeks.

Douchey days are gone. Thank Fing god.

Geno for prez. RW is a ******* douche. I've said that 30 times, and that now makes it 31. It's not undeserved blind hatred based on being butthurt. It's just reality.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Team3 tries to be on every award show, talk show, advertisement, YouTube, endorsement deal ... so he's going to get a reaction. If he comes across as Goofy personified, 12s are gonna call it out. We all put up with it when we were on the same team. We don't have to bite our tongue anymore because someone brings up "What about the Children's Hospital.". Frankly, the personal encounters that have been relayed since he left are important to bring to light. We shouldn't blindly endorse anyone just because....

With all due respect..I really didn't put up with it.

toffee

Reaction score
Some of us honestly don't want to move on.

We have a vested interest in all things Russell this year. When the year is complete, I suspect many of us won't be overly interested in Russell, but even if some are that is certainly okay.

I support your desire to move on, but every time you post to a Russell thread it seems like you are not ready to move on. I am not telling you to not make your comment, but really your annoyance with the subject seems better served by not even opening the thread.

You are free to do what you wish and comment how you will, but you'll probably get some pushback when you tell others how they choose to spend their time and focus.

For me and others, Russell is especially relevant to the Seahawks this year, not only as it pertains to our draft choices from Denver but also as a confirmation or rebuke of the drone of Pete Carroll hate versus the best faultless QB in Seahawks history love.

And assuming these Russell threads are being posted in the NFL forum, what is the harm beyond you don't like it?

Some hang on to used to be
Live their lives looking behind
All we have is here and now
All our games, out there to flight

Geno's lifting us up where we belong
Where the seahawks fly
On a mountain high
Geno's lifting us up where we belong
Far from the Bakers and Jimmys below
Up where the clear winds blow

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

This.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This is nothing new in sports. Of course Seahawks fans are going to root against and hate on RW. This is the first time this franchise ever had a great QB for a long time who eventually left the team on bad terms.

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
I think the OP's question may, possibly, be answered tonight on Thursday Night Football by host Richard Sherman ... as only he can.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I think the OP's question may, possibly, be answered tonight on Thursday Night Football by host Richard Sherman ... as only he can.

If only I had signed up for Prime... I'll try to find his podcast tomorrow to see what he said. I've always liked Sherman and his take no prisoners attitude and am curious to hear his comments.

toffee

Reaction score
I predict Russ will do well tonight, he always up his game on national TV, and Broncos are adopting to play PeteBall. So Russ will start doing stuff that he hates but knows how to, and he couldn't let Sherm has the last word.