What's with the Hate

QWERTY

Reaction score
Don't understand why people hate RW.

Yes, RW got paid He's the #2 paid QB in the league.

But look at the list.

1. Aaron Rodgers - meh
2. RW- meh
3. Kyle Murray - sucks
4. Watson - Eh, should be in jail.
5. Maholmes - #1 QB in the league, and the contract is a steal.
6. Josh Allen. He's ok prob #2 QB
7. Carr - Average
8. Stafford - Average
9. Presscott - Average
10. Goff Below Average.
11. Cousins - Average
12. Wenz - Terrible.

With this list RW is an average QB, but if he had weapons like DK and Lockett. Also have a decent OL with a RB that doesn't fumble, he would be a top 5 Offensive team.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Russell's gone, haters need to move on.

It's good he's gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was time for both sides. There is probably 25 threads about the guy. It's hilarious how many people can't just let it go. It still reminds me of a Jr. High breakup.
He was my favorite player, WAS. But he's gone and I'm very glad. Just took me awhile to see some of the things that he became.
Let it go, it's an absolute waste of time to dwell on a former player 24/7. Sad thing is that it's hard to just find a good thread any more to talk football. Because nearly every thread becomes a Russ thread. Even if it has nothing to do with the guy.

He wanted out of here, good, bye.

James in PA

Reaction score
For me, it's not about "hating" RW (although I do think he and his baseball agent pulled some serious d*** moves in recent years). It's just about wanting to see that we actually won a big trade for once. I was growing really frustrated with his play long before we traded him and thought he was overrated. I was so tired of him disappearing for long stretches in a game and playing "hero ball" at the end, hanging onto the ball too long, etc. So, now when he struggles in Denver, I feel vindicated.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Really need a forum feature where users can set a filter that blocks words or initials like RW, Russ, RCW, Wilson, Russell… And it will hide all those threads.

Because at this point this shits old, stale and tiring to see constantly. This NON stop f’n talk about THAT GUY has cluttered the damn forums.

I don’t and many fans at this point don’t give a shit about him and are tired of reading, seeing, comparing etc etc him. Mods should just start locking or moving and condensing all those threads into the shack. Because sometimes I’ll visit this site and all I see is RW this RW that. Oh cool a Geno thread?! Oh nvm.. it’s now about RW vs Geno and how Geno will never be RW.. (Which is fine .. if Seattle wanted Geno to be RW they’d keep RW)

Is this a Seahawks site? And yes I get it NFL nation all things NFL RW is nfl blah blah blah.. doesn’t matter tired of coming here and seeing a new thread about the damn guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like I said, it's very similar to a Jr. High break up. Can't just let it go. Must dwell on it 24/7.
So damn stale and old. Meanwhile, the team is 2-2, Geno is actually playing well and they are a fun team to watch so far.

toffee

Reaction score
You can poll dot net, there is nothing but love for Bobby, our defense QB. The same front office, same coaches, just a tale of two players, how two players handled situations. We are witnessing the aftermath of that.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Don't understand why people hate RW.

Yes, RW got paid He's the #2 paid QB in the league.

But look at the list.

1. Aaron Rodgers - meh
2. RW- meh
3. Kyle Murray - sucks
4. Watson - Eh, should be in jail.
5. Maholmes - #1 QB in the league, and the contract is a steal.
6. Josh Allen. He's ok prob #2 QB
7. Carr - Average
8. Stafford - Average
9. Presscott - Average
10. Goff Below Average.
11. Cousins - Average
12. Wenz - Terrible.

With this list RW is an average QB, but if he had weapons like DK and Lockett. Also have a decent OL with a RB that doesn't fumble, he would be a top 5 Offensive team.
Sports hate is very different than hate. My sports hate is strong for most opponents whereas my hate for others only applies to a very select few not sports related.

When Russell was with the Seahawks, I was always supportive and hopeful he would/could be the answer even as the team began coming up short with more regularity. I liked RW as a Seahawk and enjoyed the heroics when they seemed to be working but his antics and seemingly empty words had long lost their meaning as success began to wane.

It is quite enjoyable to see someone who very effectively created the false perception that they were the victim in what was happening have struggles. As time passes without team 3s strong influence on perception in this community, the truth is easier to discern.

A redemption story is again being written not only for Geno but also for Pete Carroll. It will take time for some to come along and a few certainly may never.

Seeing the abundance of Russell threads now and the dearth of negative Pete Carroll threads simply reflects the facts of the moment and the shift in perception that had been the hot debate of much of the last ten years.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Really need a forum feature where users can set a filter that blocks words or initials like RW, Russ, RCW, Wilson, Russell… And it will hide all those threads.

Because at this point this shits old, stale and tiring to see constantly. This NON stop f’n talk about THAT GUY has cluttered the damn forums.

I don’t and many fans at this point don’t give a shit about him and are tired of reading, seeing, comparing etc etc him. Mods should just start locking or moving and condensing all those threads into the shack. Because sometimes I’ll visit this site and all I see is RW this RW that. Oh cool a Geno thread?! Oh nvm.. it’s now about RW vs Geno and how Geno will never be RW.. (Which is fine .. if Seattle wanted Geno to be RW they’d keep RW)

Is this a Seahawks site? And yes I get it NFL nation all things NFL RW is nfl blah blah blah.. doesn’t matter tired of coming here and seeing a new thread about the damn guy.
You certainly had a lot to say in a thread about Russell in the NFL forum. The solution is even simpler for you and others who are done discussing Russell. Don't click. Don't read. Don't respond.

There seems to be plenty of fuel and interest for continued discussion so why would it be necessary to ban threads that a few don't want. You have the ultimate power over you. If you choose to participate in these threads then you're also feeding them.

Just say no to your participation and be okay with how others choose to participate or not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
BS Welsh, own it. You hate the guy with a passion, and have for a while. And that's fine, that's your jam. Don't hide it, man up and stick to it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's move on fellows!

We have asked that RW threads be in the NFL forum and not here anymore. Wilson is no longer a Seahawks player and while he was well regarded here until he was traded he is now a Player for the Broncos.

This thread will soon be moved to the proper forum.

chris98251

Reaction score
The man, no don't hate, he is a BS artist and that's phony persona, that's what is hated and his Ego has grown bigger then the game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
For me, it's not about "hating" RW (although I do think he and his baseball agent pulled some serious d*** moves in recent years). It's just about wanting to see that we actually won a big trade for once. I was growing really frustrated with his play long before we traded him and thought he was overrated. I was so tired of him disappearing for long stretches in a game and playing "hero ball" at the end, hanging onto the ball too long, etc. So, now when he struggles in Denver, I feel vindicated.
I've been feeling the same for many years..I am absolutely vindicated.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BS Welsh, own it. You hate the guy with a passion, and have for a while. And that's fine, that's your jam. Don't hide it, man up and stick to it.
He cried when Russ left,you missed that post.