Whats going to happen to this O line in the playoffs?

morgulon1

Reaction score
RussB":wk31ebaj said:
Now im not trying to look to far ahead, but assuming seahawks make the playoffs again. Whats going to happen when they face an elite D line like the vikings? I dont trust someone like fant or sowell blocking minnies edge rushers at all, wilson could get badly hurt. It might look like the 1st quarter of of the carolina game last year were the o line got shredded early on and the team fell behind quick.

They seriously need to get it together and maybe look to atleast pick up joe staley from the niners. Because when its january it might be too late the o line will most likely get demolished. They need to do something ASAP.

Youre going to see what happened against the Rams and the Cardinals . But worse.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Deadly pass rushes in the NFL:

Cardinals
Vikings
Rams
Denver

Teams the Seahawks could face in the playoffs:

Vikings
Denver

I think Bevell and Cable need to be fired but this team will be ok in the long run.

Jville

Reaction score
erik2690":16c718pb said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/791015691784773632[/tweet]

That's not good. Russ is trying to get the ball out quick and is still getting a high pressure rate and then at least on Sunday there were several times it was successful for nice chunks that got called back on penalties.

What Monson's tweet omits, among other things, is the average ratio of pass rushers to pass blockers. IIRC, Arizona sent a lot of rushers. Below is one example of a pressure chart.

Iimg2Fmagazine2FInsider2FOliver576

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This looks about right.

man-injured-in-running-of-the-bulls-despite-writing-guide-to-running-of-the-bulls.gif

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Playoffs? Playoffs? don't talk to me about playoffs? Playoffs are you kidding me? I just hope they learn to block in a reg season game first...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This pic about sums things up. Two lineman, and arguably our two best lineman, WATCHING Russell throw the ball from what appears to be the confines of the pocket.

wk07_vs_cardinals_blog_24_0.jpg

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Jville":2j7ybaqb said:
erik2690":2j7ybaqb said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/791015691784773632[/tweet]

That's not good. Russ is trying to get the ball out quick and is still getting a high pressure rate and then at least on Sunday there were several times it was successful for nice chunks that got called back on penalties.

What Monson's tweet omits, among other things, is the average ratio of pass rushers to pass blockers. IIRC, Arizona sent a lot of rushers. Below is one example of a pressure chart.

Iimg2Fmagazine2FInsider2FOliver576

Add a orange line to this before the green at about 2.5 seconds the probability is at 100%.

I feel like we always have one less person blocking than we need... ugh.