What a HOT MESS!

emurri

Reaction score
This team is horrible right now. Lack of talent and maybe one of the worst coaching staffs and talent evaluators in the league is not a recipe for success. I don't understand how this team can be built to make the same mistakes year in and year out. No pass rush, no run or pass blocking (6 SACKS), a defense that is not even a shadow of its former self. I thought with Cable and Bevell and Richard gone things were going to improve? Maybe they where not the major problem but a coach that refuses to adapt and change and figure out how to best use the talents (the little that we do have) of the team. To say we are in for a long season is a complete understatement. It is so sad to see the glory days are gone.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
As long as we see improvement as the season goes on I'll be happy.

vtxretro02

Reaction score
Opening on the road is tough in the NFL.. especially in Denver... please don't panic yet... we WILL make the playoffs...O LINE WILL GET BETTER.. alot more entertaining to watch than BEVELL/CABLE days... D needs to get more pressure. CASE KEENUM??

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I want to be knee jerk but the game did feel different, so I'm willing to let the season play out.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
How many rookies and last minute starters were on the field?

It wasn't good, but I think it wasn't unexpected. Point spread was 3/lost by 3.

I'm not getting the inflated expectations for a team in clear if not major rebuild.

Like most things, give it time.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Lost by three points. First game of the year at a challenging stadium. New OC and DC. Lot's of new players. Young ones that started today. Going to take some time to get all your new pieces to work as a unit. Biggest issue I seen was inconsistency from RW down to the water-boy. This is no super-bowl team, but they will get better as the season goes on. People take losses differently. I am going to enjoy the season and hopefully the team will get it together in the next couple games.

Bears are next on Monday Night Football. I am expecting better. Hoping.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Schedule makers hooked us up (they always find a way). Denver is now 18-1 in last 19 home openers.

That is a tough defense, especially pass rushers. And without a pass rush of our own, savvy QBs like Keenum can move the chains all day long.

I expected us to lose, but we made it close.

hawk45

Reaction score
The passing defense is a train wreck and will be all season. We aren't going to magically get pressure with 4; we'll have to blitz and leaving this secondary in man is just as bad as not getting pressure. Competent QBs will have success, elite QBs will kill us.

Offense looks better but I am not convinced a team with a bad defense relying on Wilson to execute consistently is viable. Great defense with Wilson pulling out something in the clutch was a different story.

kf3339

Reaction score
It's just way too early for a thread of this type.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
We lost by 3 points on the road to a team that is probably pretty close to us in overall talent. If SJ makes one of those FGs and the ref wasn't so flag-happy on Marshall's TD catch, the result might have been different.

That said, we clearly did not play exceptionally well.

Steve2222

Reaction score
lmao this team is horrible yet we lost a road game by 3 to a team who has won 18 of their last 19 home openers.

I guess we could have tied with the Browns or got blown out at home against the Deadskins

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The defense is not going to be very good. However the offense has a chance if thwy just clean some stuff up.

Ifedi is a lost cause. Put Fant in and see what happens. It wont get any worse.

OP
OP
emurri

emurri

Reaction score
kf3339":3lcnqzmq said:
It's just way too early for a thread of this type.

I really don't think so. If these were new issues that we had not seen before it would be one thing but the issues we had today are the same ones we have had for years. We can't expect things to magically change. I really thought we should have one this game and, yea, we only lost by 3 but it really didn't seem that close. I am just frustrated that it seems like we have wasted some of Wilsons best years.

bandiger

Reaction score
MrThortan":1morgv0w said:
Lost by three points. First game of the year at a challenging stadium. New OC and DC. Lot's of new players. Young ones that started today. Going to take some time to get all your new pieces to work as a unit. Biggest issue I seen was inconsistency from RW down to the water-boy. This is no super-bowl team, but they will get better as the season goes on. People take losses differently. I am going to enjoy the season and hopefully the team will get it together in the next couple games.

Bears are next on Monday Night Football. I am expecting better. Hoping.

Not looking good they have a great looking defense and some imaginative offensive playcalling.