What a great time to be a Hawks fan

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I guess I'm getting all sentimental and stuff, but man, what a great time to be a Seahawks fan!

Reading all the news about other players, coaches, staff, freaking Franchises! getting shuffled
around in the off season,...and here we are, staring down a third. straight. SB. appearance.
Let that sink in.

Yeah, I know, one game at a time, but, hey, remember the good ol' days?

[youtube]Fi-hS2vhbZw[/youtube]

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Going to the divisonal round 4 years in a row is already something this franchise couldn't have hoped to accomplish in the past. Going to two straight Superbowls, winning one of them and barely losing the other, is something that's even more special.

What this team has done in the last couple years is amazing. Every win in the play-offs this year would mean even more though. Beat the Panthers? That means we defeated the team with the best reg season record and the Superbowl favorites for our third straight NFCCG appearance. Beat the Cards/Packers in the NFCCG? That would make us threepeat NFC champions and would send us to our third straight Superbowl. Win the Superbowl? That means we won the freaking Superbowl. Remember when we won SB48? At that very moment there is no time for dynasty talk, no time for laughing at reporters who thought we were dead halfway in the season, no appreciating us going to 3 straight SBs and winning 2 of them. At that moment there is only joy, pure joy. The rest comes later.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1rao7nql said:
Going to the divisonal round 4 years in a row is already something this franchise couldn't have hoped to accomplish in the past. Going to two straight Superbowls, winning one of them and barely losing the other, is something that's even more special.

What this team has done in the last couple years is amazing. Every win in the play-offs this year would mean even more though. Beat the Panthers? That means we defeated the team with the best reg season record and the Superbowl favorites for our third straight NFCCG appearance. Beat the Cards/Packers in the NFCCG? That would make us threepeat NFC champions and would send us to our third straight Superbowl. Win the Superbowl? That means we won the freaking Superbowl. Remember when we won SB48? At that very moment there is no time for dynasty talk, no time for laughing at reporters who thought we were dead halfway in the season, no appreciating us going to 3 straight SBs and winning 2 of them. At that moment there is only joy, pure joy. The rest comes later.

This fan gets it!

Go Hawks!

rideaducati

Reaction score
It sho is nice to have a team that continually backs up my smack...lovin it.

chawx

Reaction score
I get chills every time I see that video.

...man, hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have known to keep Tate and lose Percy instead. That is if "the Wilson's eX + Tate rumor" was never true...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chawx":3pkd7cvl said:
I get chills every time I see that video.

...man, hindsight being 20/20, I wish we would have known to keep Tate and lose Percy instead. That is if "the Wilson's eX + Tate rumor" was never true...

You have to think that if Tate was still around, Tyler Lockett wouldn't be. Tyler as a rookie was light years ahead of Golden as a rookie. I'm good with Lockett.

James in PA

Reaction score
I remember those Seahawks teams of the 1990's. I am thoroughly enjoying this ride & not taking it for granted.

dogorama

Reaction score
It has been a great ride and it ain't over yet. This year has the potential to be the best year because of what this team has overcome. As Mark Twain once said: "The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated." Either way, win-lose-draw I will always feel a special affinity for this group of players.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
"what a great time to be a Seahawks fan!"

Yes Indeedee.

The wife called me at work yesterday all excited and said, "this is better than winning the powerball, guess who just came to the house? The Sea Gals and Blitz. And they left us a bag of gifts from the Pro Shop."

Now I may argue the case of it not being better than winning the powerball, but very very cool just the same. Seems they visit different neighborhoods, and when seeing a house showing Seahawk pride, they stop and nock on the door of a few selected houses. Ours was one. Today I'm getting a kick of showing the photos of them on our doorstep, to everyone at work.

MagHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":3n7g68yp said:
I remember those Seahawks teams of the 1990's. I am thoroughly enjoying this ride & not taking it for granted.

That finally seems so long ago now.

I still have heartache from those years.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Indeed it is a great time to be a 12! Nothing but positive on the horizon.

Already this season we've seen an unbelievable hill to climb in just getting over the SB loss. Then through the first half of the season all the issues and 4th quarter let down, then a nice little run in the 2nd half. On to a crazy win in Minnesota, and a highly desired rematch with Carolina and that smug Fig Newton Sh%$ eating grin. This week feels like destiny!

For the future, Wilson is locked up, much of the LOB locked up and shored up. The D-Line is playing lights out! Bennett who desires more $$ is doing it the right way and playing almost unstoppable. The young guys, Clark, Marsh, Hill, all productive. And with all the misery early in the season, still a top tear D all around.

On the offensive side the O-line is greatly improved and for the most part reliable. With the beast in uncertain territory, we know Rawls can be the future, with CMike maturing into a solid back. The receivers have had a very productive year and .... Lockett has been unbelievable! Even with Graham out, Willson, Helfet and Coffman can be productive. We fortunately witnessed how potent the Wilson/Balwin connection can be in this offense.

Special Teams have been solid and explosive all season. Sure there's been a couple mistakes here and there, but for the most part increasingly improving!

The future is bright, gotta grab the shades and enjoy the ride! :th2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes you can tell the new (won't call them Bandwagon, but that's really what they are) Hawk fans at the parties we go to with our friends.

They've only really paid attention the last 2-3 years, so they're actually confused and flabbergasted after losses. Some of us are like "errr, this is an amazing time people, I sat through 2-14 with god damn Stan Gelbaugh who shouldn't have been quarterbacking a junior high team in 1992, let alone an NFL team."

Anyone longtime Hawk fan knows how good we have it, this is the era we've been waiting for all our lives. We might not win the SB every year, but to one of the elite teams in the league with a bunch of fun and interesting players to root for, a batshit crazy coach that gets everyone pumped up and an owner who doesn't blink at any expense to win?

Jesus, that's a recipe for an amazing time to be a fan.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
This will put it in perspective for both long time fans and newcomers (and all are welcome as far as I am concerned, as long as we don't become overly entitled like a few fanbases I know ... )

Playoff Wins:
1976-2009 (Pre-Carroll) - 7
2010-Present (Carroll Era) - 8 (and counting)