Weekly fire Bevell

quadsas

Reaction score
What an absolute abomination of a call on that last play.

How can an NFL coach be that silly is beyond me

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
He has no clue how to use the tools at his disposal. He's just gonna keep knocking that square peg against a round hole.

Crizilla

Reaction score
right when Wilson threw it i knew it was going to be out of bounds

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
"We brought in Graham to help with our redzone offense"

they told us.

1 touchdown in 16 games in the redzone lul

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'm much more disappointed by the offense throughout the game. Continuation of terrible.

The last play was two inches from good. Pretty much everything you're looking for there.

potatohead

Reaction score
Optimus25":2gh59wgs said:
I'm much more disappointed by the offense throughout the game. Continuation of terrible.

The last play was two inches from good. Pretty much everything you're looking for there.

No it wasn't. Kearse's hip hit the ground three feet out of bounds before his other foot even dreamt of being in bounds.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Optimus25":ujdlwr98 said:

Yeah cause predetermined plays with game on the line with no options other than fade route to not Jimmy Graham is without a doubt what you're looking for

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Just a reminder that we were only able to score 13 points against the 28th ranked defense in the NFL.

timmat

Reaction score
Call an entire game as if we're down by 6. I know it's not that simple, but when our O is forced to move the ball, we do. But not before then.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
timmat":1j9s5qhu said:
Call an entire game as if we're down by 6. I know it's not that simple, but when our O is forced to move the ball, we do. But not before then.
Yeah, this. I would love to understand how this happens so much.

nategreat

Reaction score
If this is Pete's philosophy, hopefully he starts to realize we can't keep doing this every game. We need to start getting things together earlier in games. I'm much more of the belief that Bevell just isn't good at executing very well. Sometimes he'll do alright, but not in the majority of games. Give him any other QB and he's fired much earlier. With our offensive weapons and defense, we should be blowing teams out- or at least putting games away before the final 1 minute of the 4th quarter.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seriously...you trade for Graham to supposedly help you in the redzone but for the last play of the game, you throw to Kearse?!

At least have that route for Graham, not Kearse!

How difficult is it to split Graham on that play instead of Kearse?!

Seriously...

cymatica

Reaction score
Other teams, even with just ok offenses, can somehow dink and dunk downfield on our elite defense. Over the course of the game it wears on them.

Our offense has no rhythm. We dont stick to what works, just throw in playcalls that make no sense.

Bevell is 100% a big problem, and his rout concepts have been talked about for years as being simple. We dont wear down a team with rhythm, dont keep them guessing. Average to bad defenses seem to give us fits and it always seems as though they know whays coming.

With this defense, an average rhythm in offense would be more than enough. I swear, start the game off with quick slants and misdirection at least, or something. How about some comeback routes that work so well on us?

The refs were horrible but i think our playcalling was just as bad if not worse

blue 22

Reaction score
It reminds me of when paul wulff was coach for WSU. He is one of the worst coaches of all time. People still defended him to stay till the bitter end.

cheese22

Reaction score
It's almost like they try to do the absolute minimum to just barely win. The more our defense clamps down, the more vanilla our offense becomes. When the opposition scores or is ahead, we open it up.

I'm trying to figure out the last call. We have a 6'12" TE who wants nothing more than to beat his old team and we stick him on the line.

getnasty

Reaction score
Say what you will but it doesn't matter who's out there if Russell throws them out of the end zone.