Week #1: How Will Russ be Received?

If you're at Russell's return in week #1, how would you receive him?

• Boo

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Cheer

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

Rainger

Reaction score
Well I loved RW. It has only been as I learned more about his dysfunction within the team and as my blinkers came off that my screaming at the play calling should have been more directled at him over the last few years.

However I think secretly I knew that the problem was him not executing the game plan.

But he was a Hawk!. There was a time not counting the later years he was part of the winning culture.

Therefore, I am now glad he is gone, BUT, I don't believe he should be boo'ed regardless if he is a narcissist, for some time he was our narcissist, I just wish he had not shit the bed.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think, best case, Adam, Diggs, Taylor and Brooks roll out the welcome mat for him, give him some dap for old times sake, and then knock him on his ass 5 or 6 times, roll him up in said welcome mat, slap a 'Let's Ride' sticker on it, and get his teammates to roll him out the stadium.
Ha!

This.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Was I pleased with the way Russell handled his departure? No. Do I think that he was disingenuous with his fans about his desire to play here for rest of his career? Yes.

However, in a dilemma like this one, I always try to look at the bottom line vs. the most recent individual factors, and the plusses of Russell's time here far outweigh the minuses.

Therefore, I am firmly in the "cheer" Russell category if I were in the crowd for his return.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
They booed Sherman. SHERMAN.

A guy that got hurt playing for us on a bad field. A guy that the SEAHAWKS decided NOT to resign.

The guy responsible for the single most important regular-season play in Seahawk history.

They booed HIM. He should have a statue outside of the stadium remembering his greatness (along with the LOB and Lynch). But no.

If they can boo Sherman, who cares who else they decide to boo? (Sometimes our fans are morons.)

Richard Sherman is probably my favorite Hawk ever. I hate that he got boo'd and hope that he knows there are still fans who appreciate him.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
With all the recent news about this trade stuff and Wilson's true colors, he's getting booed out of the building.

I've seen split comments on this site - ranging from continued adoration of RW to a real dislike. But we're a small community compared to the general fan base so I'm not able to gage a larger audience.

However, it did open my eyes when my female eighty year old relative (and a long time season ticket holder) said "That bastard!" when speaking of RW3. I was surprized that she was so mad about his comments etc because she's not a social media person.

I just hope our local news crews will concentrate on our new and current players - I DON'T want to see any interviews with our past QB - he has nothing new to say.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I will probably not be at that game. But if I am...

At the exact moment Wilson is introduced as the Broncos' QB, I plan to be drinking beer. So I won't be uttering any sound at all at that moment.

But that won't last. As soon as the beer is finished, I'll cut the bottom off the beer cup, and it becomes my megaphone for the rest of the game.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Wilson's cup of admiration from the 12's have been overflowing for the last 4 years. Seattle fans have cheered, praised and some worshiped the ground he walks on. I believe he actually thinks he is going to get another pass and fans will stand and cheer him again as he returns to show his dominance as QB Legend.
Hell No! Let the seismic meter and RW3 tap out!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Come week #1 will Russell Wilson be booed or cheered upon his return to Seattle? Sentiment everywhere seems to have vastly changed on him the past few months. I'm seeing people now who were his most ardent defenders even saying they feel betrayed. More and more unflattering things keep coming out about the guys attitude. Anyway, the point of this thread is, do you think Russ should be boo'd week #1? I understand not everyone will be at the game so just answer as if you were there. Would you boo? Cheer? Nothing? I believe the most likely scenario is there will be a bit of both boos and cheers. But I am wondering what people think on an individual basis.

Personally, If I make it I'm going to have to cheer. The fact is I believe he's a good dude who did a lot for the city. He does care deeply about others and won us a SB. Is there some self centeredness and drama that I'm happy we got away from? Sure. Still have to thank the guy for all he did.

I am pretty sure he will be boo'd. not because of hate.... but because of the letdown to the fans (either Legit or by proxy) and the fakeness he carry's with him which in all honesty is easy to overlook when he is on your team, but Everyone has been calling out is façade outside Seattle since day 1.

My money on vegas is he is going to get BOO'ed More than once.

toffee

Reaction score
Stafford was sacked 7 times, that should be the benchmark our pass rushers aim to match or break. That say, Russ is a lot harder to catch than Stafford, so I will settle for 5 :)

Chawker

Reaction score
Ol rusty is a turncoat, and he will get a turncoats greetings. He'll let it go to is head and the 12's will let him have it. I expect a poor performance from him.

toffee

Reaction score
I've seen split comments on this site - ranging from continued adoration of RW to a real dislike. But we're a small community compared to the general fan base so I'm not able to gage a larger audience.

However, it did open my eyes when my female eighty year old relative (and a long time season ticket holder) said "That bastard!" when speaking of RW3. I was surprized that she was so mad about his comments etc because she's not a social media person.

I just hope our local news crews will concentrate on our new and current players - I DON'T want to see any interviews with our past QB - he has nothing new to say.
Sure you didn't influence granny? I think I am about the same age as your granny, we old folks bring treated like we were idiots.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I expect a mixed reaction at the beginning. Every time he steps on the field tho, the booing should commence just to try n mess with him and help the team.
I would guess that you're right, and might even go a little more on the plus side of cheer or at least politely applaud side of the ledger when he's introduced. But boos and jeers always appear to be in a much larger percentage of the whole than they would if a silent vote were taken, especially in our stadium. It's going to sound as if they're introducing Osama bin Laden.

chrispy

Reaction score
If 12s expect him to go easy on the Seahawks, we should go easy on him. If we think his allegiance has changed, so should ours. He's not walking into Lumen to make 12s feel warm and fuzzy. The capital I've spent on jerseys and tickets expressed my gratitude at the time. He can justify his perspective with "it's just business," so that goes both ways. My allegiance has passed.

My perspective on this has changed significantly in just the last week. I'd boo him solely for trying to steal Milky Way bars....unconscionable.

hawks85

Reaction score
They booed Sherman. SHERMAN.

A guy that got hurt playing for us on a bad field. A guy that the SEAHAWKS decided NOT to resign.

The guy responsible for the single most important regular-season play in Seahawk history.

They booed HIM. He should have a statue outside of the stadium remembering his greatness (along with the LOB and Lynch). But no.

If they can boo Sherman, who cares who else they decide to boo? (Sometimes our fans are morons.)
They booed Sherman because he went to the 49ers. Had he went anywhere else outside of our division he would have gotten cheered.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If i was there, i really wouldnt be doing anything, other than getting a beer at that point or food.

What I was gonna say. That or buying a Jersey, or taking a leak.

There will be no special ceremony. Pay no attention until he has the ball, in which case taunt the f out of him.

”You sick fake” would be a good start.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Sure you didn't influence granny? I think I am about the same age as your granny, we old folks bring treated like we were idiots.

Lol, actually no, because I don't see her except on holidays. She's my brother's mother-in-law and it was during a phone call to my brother that I found out how adamant she was. I knew she was a fan but it was always polite chatting when I visited.