We will win 9 games in 2022

toffee

Reaction score
A winning season will impact our draft order, but could we win 9 games? Here're the reasons:

Defense:
Last season's ugly defense played without our stars safeties, our boys couldn't get off the field, and we had Norton! Yet 21.5 points per game in regular season as good as conference champion teams.

Unless major injury, or our DC and Sanjay would be worse than Norton, our defense will be better. DO NOT forget our boys were tired in 4th quarter, legs were basically gone towards last few games in the season. Our defense should not be a liability, we have gotten younger, faster and better coaching.
TeamPts allowed per gameseason recordfinal status
Seahawks21.57-11missed playoff
49ers21.510-7conference final
Rams21.912-5super bowl champ
Bengals22.110-7super bowl
Chief21.412-5conference final

Offense:
Area that we improved? better TE, better RBs, arguably even better WRs.
Area that needs time:
OL will need time to gel, but Cross looked ready, Curhan did good enough in last few games, Blythe is as good if not better than Pocic. Our 2022 OL may not be great but about as 'good' as last year. Last season's OL provided 2.4 sec, all conference championship teams' OL provided no more than 2.4 sec to their QBs, 3 of those 4 only 2.3 sec. Stafford, JimmyG, Burrow, Mahomes didn't complain.
QB, as long as Lock could play at same or above his rookie season, our offense may not score more points but they will be on the field longer which help the defense.

Teampocket timerecordrecord
Seahawks2.47-11missed playoff
9ers2.310-7conference championship
Rams2.412-5super bowl champ
Bengals2.310-7super bowl
Chiefs2.312-5conference championship

Conclusion:
This homer is ready to project a 9 win season with Pete retiring after the season, just for a happy ending, he will go out on top.

sutz

Reaction score
Hell, I think the idea that the D probably won't be on the field for 40-45 minutes per game should give us a couple of wins over .500 anyway. I figure 9 might be our floor. Pete don't like losing.

Rainger

Reaction score
A winning season will impact our draft order, but could we win 9 games? Here're the reasons:

Defense:
Last season's ugly defense played without our stars safeties, our boys couldn't get off the field, and we had Norton! Yet 21.5 points per game in regular season as good as conference champion teams.

Unless major injury, or our DC and Sanjay would be worse than Norton, our defense will be better. DO NOT forget our boys were tired in 4th quarter, legs were basically gone towards last few games in the season. Our defense should not be a liability, we have gotten younger, faster and better coaching.

Offense:
Area that needs time:
OL will need time to gel, but Cross looked ready, Curhan did good enough in last few games, Blythe is as good if not better than Pocic. Our 2022 OL may not be great but about as 'good' as last year. Last season's OL provided 2.4 sec, all conference championship teams' OL provided no more than 2.4 sec to their QBs, 3 of those 4 only 2.3 sec. Stafford, JimmyG, Burrow, Mahomes didn't complain.
QB, as long as Lock could play at same or above his rookie season, our offense may not score more points but they will be on the field longer which help the defense.

Bengals2.310-7super bowl

Conclusion:
This homer is ready to project a 9 win season with Pete retiring after the season, just for a happy ending, he will go out on top.
Was going to give you a LOVE for this toffee then you went and ruined it with the last sentence. I have been saying all along 8 or 9 wins. But I am happy with Pete NOT retiring and getting us out next SB in 24 after drafting the new QB in 23.

Rainger

Reaction score
Hell, I think the idea that the D probably won't be on the field for 40-45 minutes per game should give us a couple of wins over .500 anyway. I figure 9 might be our floor. Pete don't like losing.
And the Hawks lost 5 games by 3 or less points, had at least 3 games where they were royally jobbed by the refs and one where they lost on the last second.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Was going to give you a LOVE for this toffee then you went and ruined it with the last sentence. I have been saying all along 8 or 9 wins. But I am happy with Pete NOT retiring and getting us out next SB in 24 after drafting the new QB in 23.
I gave you a LOVE for everything that you said.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
CBS says the team willl win 3 games, ESPN says 5, as does Vegas:they’ll be eating a lot of crow if the team goes 9-8.

It’s early and the click bait is out there. To me 9-8 doesn’t sound like a pipe dream. At his stage even Vegas doesn’t know what the D or the O will look like.

We don’t know either, or do we know if the roster they have now will be the roster they play in September.

Frankly the negativity from the media feels very overblown and not based at all upon the talent the team could field. The whole story is about no Wilson, so no hope. Yada yada.

The team has no worthy QB so the team will suck. I’m rather certain the other 52 guys will want to be part of the conversation. Worst part of it is that many fans are buying this nonsense and writing off the team b/c the coach is old, there aren’t elite (in their view) players at each key position, or whatever rationalization for their negative view.

It will be a young and hungry team this year I’m for sure curious to see the new D and a QB prepared to run the system the coaches want run.

I truly expect to be happily suprised.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Find a mediocre QB and 9 wins is possible but unlikely. Lock could improve and be that guy. he has all the tools but the one between the ears. This is a QB driven league, its not 1972. Gotta have a competent QB or its going to be a brutal season. Looking forward to seeing lock play and all these new draft picks. This will be a 17 game preseason for next year when we draft our franchise QB.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
CBS says the team willl win 3 games, ESPN says 5, as does Vegas:they’ll be eating a lot of crow if the team goes 9-8.

It’s early and the click bait is out there. To me 9-8 doesn’t sound like a pipe dream. At his stage even Vegas doesn’t know what the D or the O will look like.

We don’t know either, or do we know if the roster they have now will be the roster they play in September.

Frankly the negativity from the media feels very overblown and not based at all upon the talent the team could field. The whole story is about no Wilson, so no hope. Yada yada.

The team has no worthy QB so the team will suck. I’m rather certain the other 52 guy will want to be part of the conversation. Worst part of it is that many fans are buying this nonsense and writing off the team b/c the coach is old, there aren’t elite (in their view) player at each key position, or whatever rationalization for their negative view.

It will be a young and hungry team this year I’m for sure curious to see the new D and a QB prepared to run the system the coacheswant run.

I truly expect to be happily suprised.
I expect our defense to be improved over last year's in three area: Speed, coaching, and time of procession. If we could cut our points allowed from 21.5/game to 20/game, we are in the upper echelon.

Our offense has two area of concern: How much time would it take for the OL to gel, and QB. I hope our offense to be more disciplined, with Lock plays at JimmyG level, but better deep balls.

John63

Reaction score
No 9 wins is not likely. The new defensive system, assuming they stick to it, lots of new players, Far form an easy schedule. 5 wins plus or minus 1. FYI we lost TOP even when Wilson was out. It is not all on the offense the defense led the league in 5+ minute drives. Also, there is the inevitable reverting to PC norms that will happen and neuter the team. We will see.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Defense:

Offense:
Area that needs time:

Bengals2.310-7super bowl

Conclusion:
Nice ******* post!

After so much doom and gloom this offseason!

Thank you.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Nice ******* post!

After so much doom and gloom this offseason!

Thank you.
My guess was based on our defense of last year, they weren't as bad as I thought or my eyeball told me. In fact, points per game wise, they were UP THERE with the conference championship teams. And I am confident that our defense will be better this year.

Our offense needs a QB, not doubt about it, BUT I am confident that we need a good enough game manager play around level of Jimmy G to rock. So the question narrowed down to how big a gap between Geno/Lock and JimmyG?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I WANT us to win. I HOPE you are right. I just don’t think it will happen.

it is exciting going into the season not having a clue how things will come together- or how they will fall apart. Maybe the QB will do those things RW refused to an d our offense will be better with a worse QB following a better playbook. Maybe our defense will actually TRY to sack the QB. Weird I know. And maybe a healthier defense will succeed more. Or, maybe we will have continual 3 and outs stubbornly running into brick walls. And maybe our defense will again be Charmin soft.

I just don’t know.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I WANT us to win. I HOPE you are right. I just don’t think it will happen.

it is exciting going into the season not having a clue how things will come together- or how they will fall apart. Maybe the QB will do those things RW refused to an d our offense will be better with a worse QB following a better playbook. Maybe our defense will actually TRY to sack the QB. Weird I know. And maybe a healthier defense will succeed more. Or, maybe we will have continual 3 and outs stubbornly running into brick walls. And maybe our defense will again be Charmin soft.

I just don’t know.
Our offense will be different, when Russ was here, he played RussBall nothing else. No one in the league could play RussBall, he is the MVP and GOAT of RussBall. This season, we shall be more conventional, with that, we will benefit but could get away with a more average QB. We aim to win the time of procession, by running and keep the chaining moving.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
This season, we shall be more conventional, with that, we will benefit but could get away with a more average QB. We aim to win the time of procession, by running and keep the chaining moving.
I think we can win with a QB who isn't necessarily great, but who is good enough. I doubt any of the QBs on our roster are or will be great, though I'll be happy to be proven wrong about that. I am, however, confident that we have a QB on our roster who is good enough.