We Were All Wrong

chris98251

Reaction score
I made one prediction, interesting, entertaining, and frustrating at times, too many unknowns to make a thoughtful prediction on wins and losses. So far so good, one of the most enjoyable seasons in years for all the reasons I listed. Very happy to be surprised by the results and players and the growth so fast.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes, we were all wrong. No one had Geno as a top 5 QB, leading the #1 scoring offense in the NFC, while winning the Division over the 49ers, and Rams. I know you didn't.

You don't get a cookie for being less wrong.

Moving the goalposts? Actually it's calibrating with the new information. A lot of people's ego's are too big to admit they're wrong and they stay stuck on their original takes, I don't. I will move off of it once I've seen enough evidence to do so as the NFL is a very fluid league.

The NFC is garbage. Pete should have no issues making the NFCCG with the #1 scoring offense.

I'm not asking for a cookie. I'm just pointing out that we were wrong, but you were Hindenburg Going Up In Flames "OH, THE HUMANITY" wrong, and you were as arrogant as can be about it, which is why you're getting dunked into the turf.

Jac

Reaction score
Assuming things continue, somebody who was right early on was Keyshawn Johnson. He said on a TV show following the Week #1 win that Seattle would win 9-10 games. His co-hosts all scoffed, of course...but he said that's just what a Pete Carroll-coached team would end up doing.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
so let me gets this straight... OP creates a whole thread dedicated to saying that everyone was wrong, when he's been far and away the most wrong. and then takes time to shit on pete carroll again and shift goalposts. got it.

yesterday, seahawks win and go 1st in the division. but ofc he avoids the site all day after yesterdays win, then creates this thread late at night. instead of being happy and celebrating the win, pointing out positives he instead goes the other way. his thread is titled "we" were all wrong. in this thread, no apology for all the shitting on pete carroll and the team. then he shit's on pete carroll again. the whole thread trying to justify his wrongness while bringing you down with him. sounds like a fragile little narcissist.

OP created this thread where he says basically all of you were wrong too, as a justification for all his past posts/threads and saying everyone was as wrong as him. he's been saying "5-12" after victories, that we are trash, saying we can't win without wilson, carroll is holding wilson back, geno is trash, pete carroll has can't build a defense and has never built a defense, and shifting the goalposts... pivoting now, during an obvious rebuild, saying it's a failed year if we don't make the playoffs and pete has to "EARN IT" by finishing the year strong! imagine my surprise 😭 . he's still diminishing wins and changing narratives, raising standards/expectations with each win, and gaslighting some of you fools. OP gets dunked on again and again and again in this early season. wrong about russ, wrong about geno, wrong about pete, hell even wrong about the defense. the defense is improving and won't be bad forever. he has been celebrating losses and diminishing victories all season. we're winning with geno smith and rookies at several key positions, with pete carroll leading the way.

OP is probably some deranged bay area 49er fan. he really has some of you fooled. he's f*cking with y'all. 99% of his posts/threads are either negative or just flat out wrong, lol. you have to ask yourselves, what is he getting out of this? maybe he's just a fan of himself, but if you can't tell he's not a seahawk fan, that's on you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Honestly I think it's sad some fans like Fade can't just enjoy what we're watching right now.

This is a damn fun team to watch and root for. We had such doom and gloom low expectations going into the season, this is the most fun I've had watching the Hawks in a REALLY long time.

Offense isn't smash my head against the TV cause they just had their 8th 3 and out of the day. Defense is flying around making plays getting turnovers. Special teams is still a disaster, but still just a fun team to root for and watch.

To not admit this and just enjoy our team playing well? I don't even know what to tell you. It's sad really.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
so let me gets this straight... OP creates a whole thread dedicated to saying that everyone was wrong, when he's been far and away the most wrong. and then takes time to shit on pete carroll again and shift goalposts. got it.

yesterday, seahawks win and go 1st in the division. but ofc he avoids the site all day after yesterdays win, then creates this thread late at night. instead of being happy and celebrating the win, pointing out positives he instead goes the other way. his thread is titled "we" were all wrong. in this thread, no apology for all the shitting on pete carroll and the team. then he shit's on pete carroll again. the whole thread trying to justify his wrongness while bringing you down with him. sounds like a fragile little narcissist.

OP created this thread where he says basically all of you were wrong too, as a justification for all his past posts/threads and saying everyone was as wrong as him. he's been saying "5-12" after victories, that we are trash, saying we can't win without wilson, carroll is holding wilson back, geno is trash, pete carroll has can't build a defense and has never built a defense, and shifting the goalposts... pivoting now, during an obvious rebuild, saying it's a failed year if we don't make the playoffs and pete has to "EARN IT" by finishing the year strong! imagine my surprise 😭 . he's still diminishing wins and changing narratives, raising standards/expectations with each win, and gaslighting some of you fools. OP gets dunked on again and again and again in this early season. wrong about russ, wrong about geno, wrong about pete, hell even wrong about the defense. the defense is improving and won't be bad forever. he has been celebrating losses and diminishing victories all season. we're winning with geno smith and rookies at several key positions, with pete carroll leading the way.

OP is probably some deranged bay area 49er fan. he really has some of you fooled. he's f*cking with y'all. 99% of his posts/threads are either negative or just flat out wrong, lol. you have to ask yourselves, what is he getting out of this? maybe he's just a fan of himself, but if you can't tell he's not a seahawk fan, that's on you.

Once Rob Staton admitted that he was wrong, we should've seen these posts coming

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I was laughed at in a thread last summer when I said “Geno drops dimes” lol

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wait so this is a discussion board and you're mad I made a point? You understand how a message board works I'm assuming? Did you just want a Fade/Largent showdown? Again man not sure what the **** happened to you, you used to be a great poster who could hear different opinions without defaulting to being arrogant or better than everyone else.

Didn't Fade admit to being wrong?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't get the point of this thread or the responses afterwards. Is this is a pissing match for who was the most right on this issue?

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I think this draft class is an absolute home run and that has helped a ton. The previous 5-6 classes were all not very good. I hope whatever part of their draft process they fixed and the next class is loaded too and you can be right back in it.
but.....

It's difficult for you to enjoy success it seems.

keasley45

Reaction score
Then why were you apologizing for Geno in the preseason, saying we shouldn't hold him to the same standard as Wilson?

You didn't this coming either.
dont know what you are referring to. I was repeatedly saying Geno was playing almost flawlessly, given the drops and penalties, and being criticized for playing up preseason performance.

Are you seriously saying that i didnt think Geno could be good based on everything he'd put on tape last year and in the last 2 preseasons?

I didnt know he'd show the potential to be franchise good, and i thought Lock would show more, but i certainly didn think it was out of the realm of possibility based solely on what he'd already shown. Either way, i said a few times we'd be better than last year and said pretty clearly that we had a chance at being better than 9 wins. And for that, I and others were repeatedly accused of being blind optimists and homers.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Then why were you apologizing for Geno in the preseason, saying we shouldn't hold him to the same standard as Wilson?

You didn't this coming either.

Link the post, bud.

In the meantime, we can list the probably 100 absolutely blown-out-of-the-water takes you had on the same subject.

Throwing stones in glass trailer parks, my guy.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think this draft class is an absolute home run and that has helped a ton. The previous 5-6 classes were all not very good. I hope whatever part of their draft process they fixed and the next class is loaded too and you can be right back in it.
When its all said and done, the 2 to 3 drafts prior to this year will look better and better as players like Eskridge, Brown, Taylor, Brooks, Parkinson and one or two others continue their improved play.

toffee

Reaction score
dont know what you are referring to. I was repeatedly saying Geno was playing almost flawlessly, given the drops and penalties, and being criticized for playing up preseason performance.

Are you seriously saying that i didnt think Geno could be good based on everything he'd put on tape last year and in the last 2 preseasons?

I didnt know he'd show the potential to be franchise good, and i thought Lock would show more, but i certainly didn think it was out of the realm of possibility based solely on what he'd already shown. Either way, i said a few times we'd be better than last year and said pretty clearly that we had a chance at being better than 9 wins. And for that, I and others were repeatedly accused of being blind optimists and homers.
I remember being ridiculed :)

keasley45

Reaction score
Link the post, bud.

In the meantime, we can list the probably 100 absolutely blown-out-of-the-water takes you had on the same subject.

Throwing stones in glass trailer parks, my guy.
Seriously. I know there are probably 20 posts that i made defending the belief that Geno would have been better than Russ to finish the season last year and that he'd be good this year.