We Were All Wrong

Ozzy

Reaction score
He (not so secretly) agrees with Fade's takes for the most part.
Pretending to take the middle ground while taking issue with any post slamming Russ or praising Pete
His game is becoming transparent too
Dude are you drunk? What game are you talking about? Why is this thread so weird?

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
This is so awesome. Pete is bringing it with this.

Old grandpa knows how to sling some shit. This has been so much fun. No matter how this ends up I think we all have to agree that this is a blast.
Not all I suspect - but for me, yes this is fun.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's similarly lurking, trying to decide what his next take will be to save face

He tried the "Pete's defense sucks" mantra a few weeks ago

So back to the drawing board
What’s ironic is you guys complaining about fade being mean and yet there is post after post of this shit.

People are out here judging character on what side of this debate they were on lol

chris98251

Reaction score
Assuming things continue, somebody who was right early on was Keyshawn Johnson. He said on a TV show following the Week #1 win that Seattle would win 9-10 games. His co-hosts all scoffed, of course...but he said that's just what a Pete Carroll-coached team would end up doing.
Keyshawn is a USC Alumni and most likely knows Pete inside and out in how he builds a team, maybe a slight bit of Homerism as well, but Johnson also never pulled a punch when commenting on things as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I appreciate that you are mature enough to state you were wrong though your last paragraph is inaccurate, perhaps based upon how extreme your prior take on Pete Carroll was. Kudos to you. One transparent truthful apology is all that is needed.

I think many people, like me, didn't predict any particular record because seven games in I could see any record being possible.

With all of the changes and the unknowns coming into this season predicting a record seems a bit silly, but what I have always had confidence in was Pete Carroll as head coach and the culture that he has created.

I would have been somewhat surprised if the Seahawks were winless at this point just as I would have been somewhat surprised if they were undefeated. Being around .500 after 7 games is not at all surprising.

Given that Pete Carroll's teams are based in growth and development over time this bodes well for the rest of the season.

Fair enough, just didn't see it on here. Or in the media, or on social media. Or anywhere really.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Yes, we were all wrong. No one had Geno as a top 5 QB, leading the #1 scoring offense in the NFC, while winning the Division over the 49ers, and Rams. I know you didn't.

You don't get a cookie for being less wrong.

Moving the goalposts? Actually it's calibrating with the new information. A lot of people's ego's are too big to admit they're wrong and they stay stuck on their original takes, I don't. I will move off of it once I've seen enough evidence to do so as the NFL is a very fluid league.

The NFC is garbage. Pete should have no issues making the NFCCG with the #1 scoring offense.
🍪 Here's a cookie for bringing humor to the board. Please continue!

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
How'd you go from Pete will never get this team back to the playoffs, he was the reason Russell struggled and needs to be fired to now he can't have another early playoff exit?

Sure are moving those I hate Pete goalposts a lot today Fade.
This has nothing to do with football and everything to do with someone's personality traits and internal emotions.

What are goalposts for? For moving of course.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Wait so this is a discussion board and you're mad I made a point? You understand how a message board works I'm assuming? Did you just want a Fade/Largent showdown? Again man not sure what the **** happened to you, you used to be a great poster who could hear different opinions without defaulting to being arrogant or better than everyone else.

Didn't Fade admit to being wrong?
Who are you responding to? Discussion boards work best when you quote the post you're responding to so people can know who and what the response is concerning.

Did you read Fade's full original post? If you consider that a genuine admission to being wrong then I cannot help you to understand how he did nothing of the sort.

It must be getting chilly as fewer and fewer of you are huddling together as it gets cold.

Winter is coming - come in by the fire and enjoy the season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
What’s ironic is you guys complaining about fade being mean and yet there is post after post of this shit.

People are out here judging character on what side of this debate they were on lol

Most of the people on the opposite side of you and Fade and Pitt etc have admitted they were wrong

Notice the difference?

If Twisted comes out of hiding and praises Pete, there will be no more snark

But they've earned every bit coming their way

Cant tear up Pete week after week and then go into hiding when he proves you wrong.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No I don't. I admitted multiple times I was wrong and I couldn't be happier about it. I said its been a blast to watch them surprise and yet you still posted shit like "his game"

I mean who cares? No one is better or smarter for guessing this one right. We're all throwing darts on this stuff and what looks to be a historical draft class haul and a shockingly improved Geno is allowing us to play much better. Do they keep it up? Who knows? it's a long NFL season. What if they fall off a cliff the second half, is everyone in here going to say what a minute maybe Fade was right? I seriously doubt it.

I don't think we need 7 pages trying to get Fade to admit he was wrong and be that emotionally involved in this issue but I'm in here posting two and apparently a part of the problem.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I don't get the point of this thread or the responses afterwards. Is this is a pissing match for who was the most right on this issue?
If you don't get the point of this, then why are you here?

You're free to be here of course but if you have no idea what this is about then why are you posting?

Is this really that difficult to understand?

Try reading slowly from the beginning again.

If you still have questions feel free to ask them once you've put a bit of effort into reading what has been posted.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The game where you pretend to have middle ground takes and then chastise others about having tribal opinions
Ok lets try this again. I said I was skeptical this team was going to be good. They have been shockingly better than I and most people expected. What else do you need to hear.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm guessing most that thought this season would be a shit show are pumped that we seem competitive at this point. Lets hope they can keep it up.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
No I don't. I admitted multiple times I was wrong and I couldn't be happier about it. I said its been a blast to watch them surprise and yet you still posted shit like "his game"

I mean who cares? No one is better or smarter for guessing this one right. We're all throwing darts on this stuff and what looks to be a historical draft class haul and a shockingly improved Geno is allowing us to play much better. Do they keep it up? Who knows? it's a long NFL season. What if they fall off a cliff the second half, is everyone in here going to say what a minute maybe Fade was right? I seriously doubt it.

I don't think we need 7 pages trying to get Fade to admit he was wrong and be that emotionally involved in this issue but I'm in here posting two and apparently a part of the problem.
It wasnt "guessing" this one right

Plenty of people saw Russ leaving as a blessing and were optimistic the season was going to be much better than you and others predicted

Many of those negative posters (who were negative because they adored Russ and hated Pete) now have it coming back around due to the way they spoke to those who were optimistic

So yes, those of us were proven right get some days in the sun.

Dont like it? Feel free to lurk like Twisted until the dust settles