We Were All Wrong

hoxrox

Reaction score
In preseason, before we saw Geno's ascension, I predicted this team had a shot at the wildcard. Now I think the division is winnable, with 9ers still being the slight favorites. They're not playing the Chiefs offense every week and their key players are getting healthy.

NFC Champion or bust standard? Not yet. Get back to me after this upcoming draft.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Fades entire internet personality is centered around bashing Pete Carroll. If the Seahawks were to win the SB he'd say it was in spite of Pete. Sad he has nothing better to do!
Fade is trying to be a Stephen A Smith but he's more of a Skip Bayless.

Pete could win back to back Super Bowls while going undefeated both seasons and Fade would still bash PC.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The Seahawks under the great Shane Waldron feature the #1 scoring offense in the NFC...
This is a team with the right coach that should make the Super Bowl in a down NFC, NFCCG minimum. However, Pete will find a way to lose in the WC or Division round. It is his shtick at this point.

Pete must make the NFCCG. There is no excuse why he can't...

If Pete is half as good as people on here claim he is, there is no reason for him not to make the NFCCG.
This is just a thinly veiled attempt to divert the credit from Carroll, and set a ridiculously high bar, so that you can come back to it, at the end of the season, and say, "See? Pete is so awful that he can't even take THIS team all the way."

Where were you calling this a "NFCCG quality" roster before now? Once Pete showed what the roster HE BUILT could do, you now say he's a failure if he can't take it all the way to the penultimate game.

Come on man seriously

HawkStrong

Reaction score
This is just a thinly veiled attempt to divert the credit from Carroll, and set a ridiculously high bar, so that you can come back to it, at the end of the season, and say, "See? Pete is so awful that he can't even take THIS team all the way."

Where were you calling this a "NFCCG quality" roster before now? Once Pete showed what the roster HE BUILT could do, you now say he's a failure if he can't take it all the way to the penultimate game.

View attachment 55341

100%

Fade needs to take a break from posting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I will give him this. He's good at generating responses. I almost wonder if it's halfway a troll job, just to stir the pot and get people responding.

I don't think Fade cares about the responses, I think he cares about being right.

He's always considered himself above the rest of us here, like he's on some higher understanding of football and the Hawks than the rest of us.

So it's absolutely KILLING him that most of his opinions and hot takes are wrong about Pete and Russell.

I just love that he came here this morning and it literally took two paragraphs into his apology thread before saying Pete sucks. Hell, he didn't even say "I WAS WRONG" he said "WE WERE ALL WRONG."

BigMeach

Reaction score

I had 'em at 5 wins (so did Vegas), pessimists had 'em at 3 wins, most were lukewarm predicting 6-7 wins. The forever koolaid drinking, unrealistically optimistic, believers had 'em at 9-11 wins.

This is a 12 win team. Please, raise your hand and take a bow if you had them at 12 wins.

The Seahawks under the great Shane Waldron feature the #1 scoring offense in the NFC. That is with the offense being held back at times early in the season by an overly conservative head coach, due to starting 2 Rookie OTs, and Against AZ, Pete shutdown the offense - playing Pete Ball for the majority of the game. But not against the Chargers, he unleashed MVP candidate Geno Smith even after DK left the game with an injury. They kept their foot on the gas as Geno unfurled an up the sideline go ball to his main squeeze, Marquise Goodwin.

On defense they were historically bad, but all they needed to do was get the defense to an average level and they could win the division in a down year with their amazing offense. Welp... they trash canned the defense they started the year with, and have played at a well above average level the last 2 games, going back to a defense that better fits their personnel.

It's cool to see, they've fixed the things that they needed to fix that were obvious.
Ultimately, I can't get fully on board though. Pete is going to squander it. I've seen him under perform too many times and do less with more throughout the years. This is a team with the right coach that should make the Super Bowl in a down NFC, NFCCG minimum. However, Pete will find a way to lose in the WC or Division round. It is his shtick at this point.

Pete must make the NFCCG. There is no excuse why he can't. Who is good in the NFC? The Buccs, Rams, 49ers, & Packers were supposed to be the contenders in the conference. They stink. The Eagles are good, that's it, good. The Cowboys are legit on defense, but Dak and their O leave a lot to be desired. The Vikings? Ha-ha, Kirk Cousins... Ha-ha-ha! The Giants have only 1 loss on the year, but they are going to get destroyed by the Seahawks next week.

If Pete is half as good as people on here claim he is, there is no reason for him not to make the NFCCG.
What teams in the NFC is Seattle incapable of beating?

I ain't eating your crow. That's all for you. Nomnonom.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Pre season I had us for a 5-9 season, now I'm getting quite excited. I don't agree with the OP that we are an 12 win team, that would require us to finish 8-2 and to expect win 80% of your games you need to be the best in the conference and the Vikings, Eagles, Giants and Cowboys are a ahead of us.. If the offence continue to play like they have so far this season and the defence maintains the improvement we have seen in the last two weeks I think we are looking at 10 wins which will probably be enough to win the division and the No 3 seed. Mostly likely WC opponents would be whoever finishes 3rd in the East, whoever that is at present I would say they are a better team than us but with home advantage we would have at least a 50% chance of a win. Getting through the Divisional Round however will be very difficult.

On the other hand I keep thinking this can not last? Geno's going to revert to a back-up QB, the improvements in defence we have seen against the Cardinals and chargers ar egoing to prove temporary and we are going to end up 7-10.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think Fade cares about the responses, I think he cares about being right.

He's always considered himself above the rest of us here, like he's on some higher understanding of football and the Hawks than the rest of us.

So it's absolutely KILLING him that most of his opinions and hot takes are wrong about Pete and Russell.

I just love that he came here this morning and it literally took two paragraphs into his apology thread before saying Pete sucks. Hell, he didn't even say "I WAS WRONG" he said "WE WERE ALL WRONG."
lol He's always respectful and just because someone disagrees with you or anyone else doesn't mean that he only cares about being right.

How do we know he was wrong about Russ? Just because the wheels fell off this year? Way too many variables to assume Russ sucked and was propped up by Pete don't you think? Judging Seattle based on what is going on in Denver is goofy.

Now Pete has done a great job this year. I have my reasons why I think that is the case but regardless he's doing a great job this year. Doesn't mean he didn't make massive mistakes in previous years either.

Social media has ruined dialogue. Everything is binary and either/or it seems.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
lol He's always respectful and just because someone disagrees with you or anyone else doesn't mean that he only cares about being right.

How do we know he was wrong about Russ? Just because the wheels fell off this year? Way too many variables to assume Russ sucked and was propped up by Pete don't you think? Judging Seattle based on what is going on in Denver is goofy.

Now Pete has done a great job this year. I have my reasons why I think that is the case but regardless he's doing a great job this year. Doesn't mean he didn't make massive mistakes in previous years either.

No he's not, lol. He's consistently abrasive towards people who disagree with him and always has been.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

View attachment 55341
Exactly

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

The issues Russ is having in Denver are the exact same ones he had here that people consistently said were because of Pete, his OL, the OC, etc., etc.

Like, I believe in coincidences and nuance but this just comes off like denial of reality.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
We may have all been wrong, but you were the most wrong. Like, pants-on-head running-around-in-circles wrong.

You were coming at people predicting a near-500 season and acting like they were the irrational ones, and you absolutely deserve this blowing up in your face regardless of how hard you try to pivot to the other side.

Your expectations have, yet again, been smashed by a Pete Carroll squad and now you're moving the goalposts to NFCCG appearance in a year where you insulted people who predicted over 5 wins. Get over yourself.
All facts.

So now Pete better make NFC Title game if he is a good coach? Lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Dialogue's a two way street.

Fade's never engaged in that, and that's OK. There's a lot of people on here like him. Unable to admit when they're wrong in order to move the dialogue forward.

But that's OK. Fans are passionate about their sports teams, so it's part of coming here. Agendas are hard to give up on. But that doesn't preclude me from calling people out when they're unable to admit it.

But thanks for interjecting yourself into the narrative Austin. What would do without it?