We should be very excited about next years draft..

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Penix looks great. I don't know if he's the ideal NFL QB in terms of frame, but 6'3 215 in college ain't bad.

CPHawk

Reaction score
After week 1 we look like we are in the Williams/Maye discussion. Hopefully that changes.

Right now, if we can get things turned around I’d like in order of drafting in the 20s.

Van Dyke
Sanders
Leonard

Or
2nd round

Nix
KUs Daniels
Penix

Really like LSU WR Nabers, if we can’t get any of the top 3-4 QBs, he should be our first round pick. Locket is about at the end of the road.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sanders looks mobile, has a great arm, NFL lineage, all the traits in the future NFL star!

Would be pretty awesome!

CactusJack

Reaction score
After week 1 we look like we are in the Williams/Maye discussion. Hopefully that changes.

Right now, if we can get things turned around I’d like in order of drafting in the 20s.

Van Dyke
Sanders
Leonard

Or
2nd round

Nix
KUs Daniels
Penix

Really like LSU WR Nabers, if we can’t get any of the top 3-4 QBs, he should be our first round pick. Locket is about at the end of the road.
Dude, Van Dyke isn't 1st round material.

Leonard is an interesting prospect. But he's probably a day two guy. Still very raw. While the jury is still out on Sanders.

Nix & Daniels are Day three guys themselves. I really like Penix. But his health/durability alone will push him down draft boards. You can bank on it.

I think it's possible we could end up with a top 10-15 pick. But outside of Caleb & Maye, none of the other QB prospects are worth that type of investment. If you want long-term stability at the position, then you're best bet is to move up for one those guys. It'll be costly. But well worth the investment.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Sanders looks mobile, has a great arm, NFL lineage, all the traits in the future NFL star!

Would be pretty awesome!
I'm not sold yet. He was impressive against a less talented TCU team. I thought his performance against Nebraska was just okay. Nothing spectacular. I have to see more.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Not if they continue to play like they did yesterday. Caleb Williams could be a very good possibility.
Bears might trade both their top-10 picks to move back up to #1. That’s the grumbling over on the Bears forum. Panic has set in there, too.

CPHawk

Reaction score

Leonard is an interesting prospect. But he's probably a day two guy at best. Still very raw. While the jury is still out on Sanders.

Nix & Daniels are Day three guys themselves. I really like Penix. But his history will push him down draft boards. You can bank on it.

I think it's possible we could end up with a top 10-15 pick. But outside of Caleb & Maye, none of the other QB prospects are worth that type of investment. If you want long-term stability at the position, then your best bet is to move up for one those guys. It'll be costly. But well worth the investment.
Imo QBs picked in the 20s, are the equivalent of any other position player being a late 2-3 rounder. Teams jump on guys too early every year, because there are so few QBs that can actually be an efficient starter. So a guy like Nix, would be a 3-4 but some team will jump in him early. Just looks at ESPN right now, they have him going in the first round.

Van Dyke has a hose, can make every throw but has been fd over by having Mario take over as HC. If he was smart, he would have transfered to UGA or Bama, and would look like a top 15 pick by years end.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Imo QBs picked in the 20s, are the equivalent of any other position player being a late 2-3 rounder. Teams jump on guys too early every year, because there are so few QBs that can actually be an efficient starter. So a guy like Nix, would be a 3-4 but some team will jump in him early. Just looks at ESPN right now, they have him going in the first round.

Van Dyke has a hose, can make every throw but has been fd over by having Mario take over as HC. If he was smart, he would have transfered to UGA or Bama, and would look like a top 15 pick by years end.
Mocks this time of year jump the gun when it comes to that position. Very seldom do you see that many QB'S actually get taken in the 1st round. As we get closer to the draft, projections change dramatically on that front.

Van Dyke is a mid-round talent.

Trust me, I've done my homework. ;)

94Smith

Reaction score
Bears might trade both their top-10 picks to move back up to #1. That’s the grumbling over on the Bears forum. Panic has set in there, too.
The Bears need some offensive linemen and a new OC

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Leonard is an interesting prospect. But he's probably a day two guy. Still very raw. While the jury is still out on Sanders.

Nix & Daniels are Day three guys themselves. I really like Penix. But his health/durability alone will push him down draft boards. You can bank on it.

I think it's possible we could end up with a top 10-15 pick. But outside of Caleb & Maye, none of the other QB prospects are worth that type of investment. If you want long-term stability at the position, then you're best bet is to move up for one those guys. It'll be costly. But well worth the investment.
NFL teams have proven, they are willing to draft “raw” quarterbacks.

Quarterback is the position, most teams, will still draft even if the player is graded as “not enough starts” or “raw” as in how you described and they will draft them first round.

Unless, their mechanics or arm cannot throw the ball well, they will not be drafted in the first round.

Anthony Richardson, was considered raw and only had a handful of starts but his arm talent was enough to make the Colts draft him very early. And who knows, if he slipped to Seattle, maybe Seattle, would have drafted him too.

Quarterbacks, even, raw, and limited starts, can be so intriguing to teams that they will draft them first round. We’ve seen it enough to know. Even Lamar Jackson, was considered, a “raw” QB, and he was taken without hesitation by the Ravens.

The upside is too great with quarterbacks for a lot of teams to pass up on and that is why a “still developing” quarterback gets drafted first round.

Just look at Trey Lance.