We Mailed It In.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2ikld2wf said:
Aros":2ikld2wf said:
nbk35zw":2ikld2wf said:
Wow.

This, from an average poster, would get you flogged.

The Rams kicked our ass. Deal with it. Ghesh.

You know, I've been reading your posts from this past evening and you could spend a little less time telling us how to feel and post and spend a little more time actually being constructive and bringing something with substance to the table.

More substance, less critiquing fellow fans. The latter gets you nowhere fast around here.

Just sayin'. :1:

My good sir, would your assessment of "mailing it in" also not be one of emotion. Are you not telling me what happened based on how you feel?

Pardon me for following your lead by sharing subjectivity with emotion.

Nope he's not. It's not the same at all. Aros is expressing his opinion by stating "we mailed it in". You're telling everyone "The Rams kicked our ass. Deal with it". See the difference. He's not telling anyone how to feel or think. On the other hand, you are.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think the team just doesn't have the juice to get back to the big one. Nothing to be ashamed of but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards this season. Just looking at the overall level of play it seems that the Panthers and Cardinals are neck and neck on who is the best in the NFC.

The Seahawks have enough confidence and prior experience to put up a fight but they are not the hunted this season. Things are just off a tad, which in the end is going to be fatal for long term dreams for this season. Lynch and Rawls going down and the defense being off kilter all season (most likely due to Kam's dispute). Would love to be wrong. Hoping I am.

rcaido

Reaction score
Overreact much?

Its a bad game... these things happen. Lots of upsets on Sunday. We can still win it all, especially if we get almost healthy Lynch back.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think this team might still have a few surprises in them. At this point in the year, it's as much about which team is able to put a group of talented and HEALTHY players on the field. If Marshawn is good to go, and Kam too, and Okung, we could really do some damage. Green Bay doesn't look as dangerous as in years past. Carolina and Arizona look like the obstacles, and if Russell gets hot, we could easily become the next WC to make the Super Bowl.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Probably really unfair to call it mailed in when we were so hampered by injuries.

No LT, facing one of the most talented DLs in the game.

No starting caliber SS, considering our SS is likely one of the most important pieces of the secondary this year (and might even explain the mysterious drop in Earl's play quality lately).

No starting RB, and not even a backup RB, on a team that has been specifically built to run a run first offense for one of the most effective rush offenses in the league.

Oh, and our TEs were out too - all 3 I think?

That is a lot to overcome, considering the ridiculous officiating and the downright dirty playcalling (someone please run a pattern near the sideline and go helmet first into the Rams DC, just once? If not 5-17 times?) they did quite a job. Russell needs to let his guys know that if he gets hit late, they need to cannonball that guy's knees while he is lying on the ground. Takes 20lbs of pressure to blow out a knee if you come at it from the side, pretty easy to send the message that kind of hitting the QB after the slide behavior might shorten your career.

Like I said, as someone who played dirty for a long time, you do it because it works and because it is easy. You stop when it has consequences that make it no longer worth the benefits. 15 yard flags do not count, worry about whether you will be able to walk 3 days later? That does.

We need a Breno type back on the line for this stuff.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":3vup6oe7 said:
I think the team just doesn't have the juice to get back to the big one. Nothing to be ashamed of but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards this season. Just looking at the overall level of play it seems that the Panthers and Cardinals are neck and neck on who is the best in the NFC.

The Seahawks have enough confidence and prior experience to put up a fight but they are not the hunted this season. Things are just off a tad, which in the end is going to be fatal for long term dreams for this season. Lynch and Rawls going down and the defense being off kilter all season (most likely due to Kam's dispute). Would love to be wrong. Hoping I am.

It definitely feels that way. Of course, I also began writing them off when we lost 5 games early in the season and didn't expect them to go on the run they did with the way the OL had been looking. I don't think anyone anticipated the record-breaking run Russell and Doug went on so I guess the good news is one never knows how things will go week-to-week.

This has been such a strange season that honestly nothing will surprise me at this point. We could seemingly just as easily get blown out in a shocker to whatever team we face in the wildcard, or run the tables and win Super Bowl 50.

Honestly, neither scenerio would shock me. It's just been one of those strange type of years.