We could be in first place overall in the NFL later today

Canhawks

Reaction score
Again we are entering uncharted territory here,but there is a good chance the Chiefs lose today in Denver along with a victory for us over the Vikings and we have a half game lead for the top of the NFL standings.Probably not news to anyone here,but a nice accomplishment this late in the season. :th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No counting chickens (or Seahawks) before they hatch. But I like your thinking.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
go broncos..not just for our record's sake but because i'd rather play them in the big game anyways.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1fjqtlr6 said:
go broncos..not just for our record's sake but because i'd rather play them in the big game anyways.

You would rather play against the NFL poster child in the big game than a tough luck franchise like KC?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Bitter":2zpmb4jo said:
Hawknballs":2zpmb4jo said:

You would rather play against the NFL poster child in the big game than a tough luck franchise like KC?
I would. Just to stick it to 'em.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":29pzrb45 said:
Bitter":29pzrb45 said:
Hawknballs":29pzrb45 said:

I would. Just to stick it to 'em.

I don't typically like to join the "officials are out to get us" crowd (sometimes I have to remind myself to take a step back and think about it to avoid falling into that thought pattern), but I don't think anybody will ever convince me that what happened in XL wasn't intentional. I would rather have as few factors with the possibility to contribute to that kind of thing in future Super Bowls. Right now I can't think of a bigger potential factor than getting Manning a title in the twilight of his career.

DoubleTrouble

Reaction score
I too, worry about having to play the Broncos due to the raw deal we got in SB XL so Jerome Bettis could get his ring. i am pretty sure the NFL wants the "Mannings" to have two rings apiece , wouldn't that be a "nice" story at our expense again.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm not worried as far as the officials go. Going back to SBXL, we were huge underdogs before the season started, so if Vegas has anything to do with it that factor is now mute because now Vegas would lose more money even if Manning won than us.

It was also 90 miles outside of Pittsburgh. How many 12's would make the horrendous commute to Olympia if it were there. Also factor in we didn't travel near as well back then to begin with.

There is no home coming for any team in New Jersey. No one of consequence has ever come from New Jersey.

One of the officials (the one that made the bad call on Djacks supposed push off) was a Pittsburgh native. It's unbelievable the NFL let that happen but I cannot imagine it happening to us again.

Right now Wilson is close to as marketable as Peyton but the reality is the NFL would be smarter to market the future than the past.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":aynjkgoc said:
I'm not worried as far as the officials go. Going back to SBXL, we were huge underdogs before the season started, so if Vegas has anything to do with it that factor is now mute because now Vegas would lose more money even if Manning won than us.

It was also 90 miles outside of Pittsburgh. How many 12's would make the horrendous commute to Olympia if it were there. Also factor in we didn't travel near as well back then to begin with.

There is no home coming for any team in New Jersey. No one of consequence has ever come from New Jersey.

One of the officials (the one that made the bad call on Djacks supposed push off) was a Pittsburgh native. It's unbelievable the NFL let that happen but I cannot imagine it happening to us again.

Right now Wilson is close to as marketable as Peyton but the reality is the NFL would be smarter to market the future than the past.
Everything you say makes perfect sense but I still think they try to screw the Hawks to get Peyton his 2nd ring. I want to play Cincy or KC or even NE over the Donkeys because of that. However, likely no worries cuz Peyton will find a way to throw a horrible pick at the worst time costing Denver a win in the playoffs and someone else will make it to the SB from the AFC.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think there's any stopping Denver from being in the big game this time. Their offense if for real but today's contest will tell us a lot about how they attack elite defenses and that could be telling.

It's Hawks vs. Bronco's, no doubt.

C-Dub

Reaction score
jblaze":3ouaelai said:
I don't think there's any stopping Denver from being in the big game this time. Their offense if for real but today's contest will tell us a lot about how they attack elite defenses and that could be telling.

It's Hawks vs. Bronco's, no doubt.
I don't think there was any question prior to this game.

No way the Chiefs are going far in the playoffs. They had a nice feel good year so far, but they showed they're not a great team. I do think the Pats and Colts have a chance to beat the Broncos.

And in the NFC, it's a two way way between the Saints and us. And in two weeks we'll get a nice preview.

Monistat

Reaction score
The thing i took from this game is that both teams look very ordinary to me compared to if we were to face either team. I personally think we match up against Peyton better than we would the Chiefs considering there dink and dunk offense. Not trying to get ahead of myself, but watching games this weekend re-assured me our staff is on point.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Saw something on .com this morning (my morning, in the UK) saying Alex Smith is something like 5-24 when he falls behind by 10. As much as I'd rather see them across the field in a big game, that also tells me they're not going to make it that far. The Broncos and the Pats can outscore them every time. If KC can't even the series at home, there's no way they survive the playoffs.

Personally I'd rather see the Pats for U MAD BOWL '13.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Canhawks":ujgug1fq said:
Again we are entering uncharted territory here,but there is a good chance the Chiefs lose today in Denver along with a victory for us over the Vikings and we have a half game lead for the top of the NFL standings.Probably not news to anyone here,but a nice accomplishment this late in the season. :th2thumbs:

Having the best record in the league doesn't mean much, sorta like being #1 in the power rankings. Besides, unless it involves a tie, what really counts is the loss column.

Now having the best record in the NFC does mean something. Something huge, like a ticket to the SB.

stack600

Reaction score
If the weather prediction for Feb 2nd 2014 in N.J. holds true(Farmer's Almanac) It's Marshawn and Russ and Percy. Against Moreno, Fumbles and Fumbles more. Cause Peyton aint running in a blizzard. :)

Latest posts