Was Russ selfish?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":17lg5tg2 said:
John63":17lg5tg2 said:
Okay reality time.

Wilson played bad. Yes some was rust, some was game plan, some was oline, some were drops, and some was Russ.

As to weather he should or should not play that is on the HC period. Do I think stating geno would have changed things, no we still loose.

As to the whole selfish not under center etc. This is were it get stupid. No one know but let's just say it was him being selfish. Here is an idea.if we sent know for a fact don't give life to it.

As to his presser he is also said it was on him. So that is a fact were he said it's all on him.

Reality is the whole offense would have been available with Geno, Geno was improving every week, this is on Russell and Pete, Russell is able to audible out of everything now and he chose deep ball after deep ball at important junctures, many on short conversations for a new set of downs.

When you are limiting the time of possession and forcing the defense to play more then half the game you are playing against the odds unless you are scoring every time the offense touches the ball so the defense can play down hill.

Wilson should have stepped up and said he needed at least another week to get right, not need a finger bandaged, be able to run the whole offense.

But he didn't, so yes this was on Russell and Pete for not having the balls to tell him your not ready like he has with every other player.
If Pete doesn't play Russ and they go on to lose, it's a firestorm for the next week minimum. Russell's people fire up the ol' spin machine and have Pete crucified by their media sycophants endlessly. He had to let Russ play if the doc clears him. His hands are tied at that point. You can pull him if it's clear he can't even execute after a couple games, but you can't start Geno over him today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fxrhzixf said:
You think Geno would have done anything?

Only a 100% healthy Wilson can overcome Pete's terrible gameplans. Wilson was not healthy (clearly) or was incredibly rusty (likely both)...so we lost.

Geno would have lost too.

The only chance to win was with Wilson. He just was not ready. Our gameplan did not help him though.
They PLANNED this game around someone with a disability, & that was really dumb.
I love Russ, but he scored ZERO, so IF Geno Smith was on the rise with play-ability?, why would they rush Wilson back from a recent injury, and then bank on the deep pass B.S.???...NOT a good game plan.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":1wxnkz2b said:
Okay reality time.

Wilson played bad. Yes some was rust, some was game plan, some was oline, some were drops, and some was Russ.

Taking my hat off to ya, it was a fair assessment.

As to weather he should or should not play that is on the HC period. Do I think stating geno would have changed things, no we still loose.
I am of the opinion that starting Russ was a fair decision, but Pete didn't have the balls to pull Russ in 3rd quarter may be Pete downfall, we shall see.

As to the whole selfish not under center etc. This is were it get stupid. No one know but let's just say it was him being selfish. Here is an idea.if we sent know for a fact don't give life to it.
If Russ didn't have oversized ball and confidence, he wouldn't be the Russ we loved, and the first ballot HOF that he is. In this case, his confidence worked against him, I blame Pete for not having the balls to pull Russ in 3rd quarter

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":34pxdr0s said:
chris98251":34pxdr0s said:
John63":34pxdr0s said:
Okay reality time.

As to his presser he is also said it was on him. So that is a fact were he said it's all on him.

Reality is the whole offense would have been available with Geno, Geno was improving every week, this is on Russell and Pete, Russell is able to audible out of everything now and he chose deep ball after deep ball at important junctures, many on short conversations for a new set of downs.

When you are limiting the time of possession and forcing the defense to play more then half the game you are playing against the odds unless you are scoring every time the offense touches the ball so the defense can play down hill.

Wilson should have stepped up and said he needed at least another week to get right, not need a finger bandaged, be able to run the whole offense.

But he didn't, so yes this was on Russell and Pete for not having the balls to tell him your not ready like he has with every other player.

Imagine the social outrage if they had of benched Russell in favor of Geno to make more of the playbook available. Seattle's social media reaction would have been greater than a massive hypersonic boom. It would have been heard in Green Bay on its way to circling the planet. It would have been epic.

Who cares about the social outrage, they don't play, Coach, or manage the team, won't be the first time or the last time it will have happened, screw them.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":6uci34dd said:
John63":6uci34dd said:
Okay reality time.

Okay I will try this again. You don't know for a fact anything if Geno would have started. Just like u di t know why they did not do more under center you are putting a spin to suite your narrative. You also do t know what Wilson told PC. In the end what Eilson tells PC is irrelevant it is PCs decision and he chose to play Wson period. The rest of your post is the typical hater bs. Get a new narrative try the truth next time instead of guess work.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":5ublekd9 said:
chris98251":5ublekd9 said:
John63":5ublekd9 said:
Okay reality time.

Imagine the social outrage if they had of benched Russell in favor of Geno to make more of the playbook available. Seattle's social media reaction would have been greater than a massive hypersonic boom. It would have been heard in Green Bay on its way to circling the planet. It would have been epic.

But what fact do you have that Geno would have made them go under center more? U don't maybe that was the game plan no matter who was there. Like I said this is the kind of crap that I have issue with people stating things are not known in fact just conjecture

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1wtl94zv said:
chris98251":1wtl94zv said:
John63":1wtl94zv said:
Okay reality time.

If Pete doesn't play Russ and they go on to lose, it's a firestorm for the next week minimum. Russell's people fire up the ol' spin machine and have Pete crucified by their media sycophants endlessly. He had to let Russ play if the doc clears him. His hands are tied at that point. You can pull him if it's clear he can't even execute after a couple games, but you can't start Geno over him today.

Proof any of that would have happened? Let's stop asking crap up.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1pee782k said:
At this point i'd be fine with trading Wilson if we can even get good trade value for him.

Of course we should its all his fault. :sarcasm_off:

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21q736rp said:
TwistedHusky":21q736rp said:
You think Geno would have done anything?

Only a 100% healthy Wilson can overcome Pete's terrible gameplans. Wilson was not healthy (clearly) or was incredibly rusty (likely both)...so we lost.

Geno would have lost too.

The only chance to win was with Wilson. He just was not ready. Our gameplan did not help him though.
They PLANNED this game around someone with a disability, & that was really dumb.
I love Russ, but he scored ZERO, so IF Geno Smith was on the rise with play-ability?, why would they rush Wilson back from a recent injury, and then bank on the deep pass B.S.???...NOT a good game plan.

What proof do we have they did that? None we have conjecture that's all.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":9ti1wsxr said:
John63":9ti1wsxr said:
Okay reality time.

Taking my hat off to ya, it was a fair assessment.

I am of the opinion that starting Russ was a fair decision, but Pete didn't have the balls to pull Russ in 3rd quarter may be Pete downfall, we shall see.

If Russ didn't have oversized ball and confidence, he wouldn't be the Russ we loved, and the first ballot HOF that he is. In this case, his confidence worked against him, I blame Pete for not having the balls to pull Russ in 3rd quarter

I agree with all u said.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
John63":1ejx7t9i said:
But what fact do you have that Geno would have made them go under center more? U don't maybe that was the game plan no matter who was there. Like I said this is the kind of crap that I have issue with people stating things are not known in fact just conjecture
I know this is kind of a schtick with you, but are you kidding? One of the biggest things Waldron has done with this offense was FINALLY get them to actually go under center when they should, and after our best offensive performance all year happened with Geno running a far more vanilla WCO (including taking plenty of snaps under center)... you want to posit that the plan was to not go under center all game long and it had nothing to do with Russ's finger?

Really?

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2bdxqpcu said:
chris98251":2bdxqpcu said:
John63":2bdxqpcu said:
Okay reality time.

Okay I will try this again. You don't know for a fact anything if Geno would have started. Just like u di t know why they did not do more under center you are putting a spin to suite your narrative. You also do t know what Wilson told PC. In the end what Eilson tells PC is irrelevant it is PCs decision and he chose to play Wson period. The rest of your post is the typical hater bs. Get a new narrative try the truth next time instead of guess work.

Except it is the truth, it was commented on post game, it was commented on by a NFL QB that has played the game.

So take your know slobbering somewhere else and accept the fact that Wilson pressured Pete to play and Pete caved with only being able to run Shot Gun formations. Jesus your a piece of work. Siouxhawk wasn't this bad.

Fact is Wilson needs to be benched if he can't run the offense as designed, you know like 1st half against the Colts, or how Geno was running it when opened up for him. Holmgren Benched Hass, Farve, Dilfer, Knoll Benched Bradshaw, Parcells benched Simms, Shula Greise, and there are others, to send a message and to get their head back on straight. They all became better because of it, Wilson can also if Pete has the balls.

John63

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":disfr5kp said:
John63":disfr5kp said:
I know this is kind of a schtick with you, but are you kidding? One of the biggest things Waldron has done with this offense was FINALLY get them to actually go under center when they should, and after our best offensive performance all year happened with Geno running a far more vanilla WCO (including taking plenty of snaps under center)... you want to posit that the plan was to not go under center all game long and it had nothing to do with Russ's finger?

Really?

Okay prove it?

LTH

Reaction score
John63":dkqvyp3b said:
Jville":dkqvyp3b said:
chris98251":dkqvyp3b said:
John63":dkqvyp3b said:
Okay reality time.

Sorry bro that seems kind of strange coming from you.... LMAO!!!! you lay a lot of opinion as well..

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":31l5jekx said:
DarkVictory23":31l5jekx said:
John63":31l5jekx said:

Really?

Okay prove it?

Listen to Romos game calls and the post game on KIRO.

Oh and rub two brain cells together and apply common sense to a person taking snaps under center with a bandage on his finger and the odds of getting a snap that jams said injured finger from impact with a 300 pound center forcing it into his hands.

Not that common sense hits home with you when it comes to Wilson.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":30qcrsxe said:
John63":30qcrsxe said:
chris98251":30qcrsxe said:
John63":30qcrsxe said:
Okay reality time.

Except it is the truth, it was commented on post game, it was commented on by a NFL QB that has played the game.

So take your know slobbering somewhere else and accept the fact that Wilson pressured Pete to play and Pete caved with only being able to run Shot Gun formations. Jesus your a piece of work. Siouxhawk wasn't this bad.

That's not proof. That's a commentator saying what he thinks. That's not proof. As to the rest of your post if resorting to kindergarten snipes make u feel good good for you. Again no proof. When u get Wilson, Waldron or PC saying it, you have proof till then conjecture. That NFL qb does not know what the game plan was or what was said between PC, Waldron and Wilson. They are guessing like you.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2atk3e5m said:
chris98251":2atk3e5m said:
John63":2atk3e5m said:
chris98251":2atk3e5m said:

That's not proof. That's a commentator saying what he thinks. That's not proof. As to the rest of your post if resorting to kindergarten snipes make u feel good good for you. Again no proof. When u get Wilson, Waldron or PC saying it, you have proof till then conjecture. That NFL qb does not know what the game plan was or what was said between PC, Waldron and Wilson. They are guessing like you.

You do know those announcers sit in pre game meetings with teams and get information, you do know that a guy like Romo who has played can tell you what he is seeing and it is pretty accurate, you do know that having played the game most QB's have had finger injuries from taking snaps and hitting helmets at one time or another.

No under Center screams protecting Wilson without any other input, you have to be a blind man or delusional not to understand that.

Then again what does any of us know, one of your buddies was on the sidelines listening to all the conversations going on and feeding them live to you, so we are all wrong.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":14zoligi said:
chris98251":14zoligi said:
John63":14zoligi said:
chris98251":14zoligi said:

63 ............... I would suggest adopting Tennis as a sport to follow. Not doubles but singles tennis.