WALRUS for Offensive Coordinator

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":pgd8k1f5 said:
Could it work? Would he even do it?

21114875.jpg

Starrman44

Reaction score
I say NO as well. I love Holmgren, but I don't want him back. I also think that he forces players into his system a little bit. Love Carroll being in more of the Belichick mold (at least I think he is). Use players unique attributes to their fullest.

sutz

Reaction score
No. The first thing Holmie would do is find a replacement for Russ Wilson. Really, Wilson is not his kind of QB.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":27z4k57k said:
Yeah, that'd go over pretty well.

OK, Russell, you damn well better stay in the pocket and hit that 3 step drop.

Bingo. As much as I revere Holmgren, I don't think he'd fit RW at all. Matt Flynn would be a different story though.

Andy Reid would be a perfect fit here. I could actually see him taking the job too on the off chance that teams aren't calling him for a HC job. Assuming he's fired, which he might not be.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd love for him to raise the 12th man flag for our first playoff game this year. That's as far as i'll go.

Then #37 can raise it for our NFC Championship matchup.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Just wondering how did we miss on picking up Josh McDaniels? Did we not want him or did the Pats have him locked up after he got fired from Denver?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The only way I would be all-in for that is if he lowered himself to QB coach. That would never happen, but the dude is a genius with quarterbacks. I, and probably most people on this board would welcome him with open arms in that capacity...right?

HawkWow

Reaction score
blue 22":3vhevnp7 said:
i wonder if sark gets fired and pete reunites with his old buddy....

I had once secretly hoped for their reunion (with the Hawks). Now, I don't. IF Flynn was our QB, Sark might be OK. But Sark showed with the once scrambling Locker, and now with Price, that he has nothing for a QB that don't stay in the pocket. He pizzed me off in his hellbent desire to turn Jake into a pocket-passing, pro style QB. Both he and Jake were at the Dub to win games for U-Dub...not to prepare for the NFL.

Now, we see what he has done with Price. Yes, the Oline sux, but this infatuation with turning gifted QBs / athletes like Price and Locker into something they are less than comfortable with tells me he would do the same with Wilson. No thanks to Sark and as much as I think he's a "great guy", I'd like to see him be a great guy somewhere other than Seattle.

Crizilla

Reaction score
there is no way in hell PC and MH could ever co-exist like that. PC is strictly a head coach and motivator. Mike Holgren would laugh at the thought of just being a OC.

No way it would work.

Crizilla

Reaction score
once carolina fires rivera they should go after MH. He can mentor cam newton and put him in a position where he doesn't try to do too much

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rastahawk":n5y1oywg said:
Just wondering how did we miss on picking up Josh McDaniels? Did we not want him or did the Pats have him locked up after he got fired from Denver?

They interviewed him last year then McDaniels chose the Rams over us.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Holmgren is done with coaching. The game passed him by a long time ago. The last few years of his tenure as HC of Seattle had me scratching my head more often than not wondering what the hell he was thinking during games. It was not the Mike of the glory days then and I don't believe it would be any different now. He's not a good fit for this team. Love what he did for Seattle, but it was time to move on to bigger and better things.

blue 22

Reaction score
The Radish":fkv3uncr said:
blue 22":fkv3uncr said:
mike holmgren is 64 years old.

Jesus blue how old do you think Pete is?

:roll:

pete is 61 yeah he's old lol... I think it would be hard for mike to start all over at 64 though, but who knows these days?

I just dont see alpha dog mike and alpha dog pete joining forces. Old people get set in thier ways and I dont think the walrus would fit pete's my way or the highway style....It would be interesting if they did though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":2ze7vg1c said:
Sarlacc83":2ze7vg1c said:
Yeah, that'd go over pretty well.

OK, Russell, you damn well better stay in the pocket and hit that 3 step drop.

Bingo. As much as I revere Holmgren, I don't think he'd fit RW at all. Matt Flynn would be a different story though.

Andy Reid would be a perfect fit here. I could actually see him taking the job too on the off chance that teams aren't calling him for a HC job. Assuming he's fired, which he might not be.

+1. Another factor to consider is that Reid also looks like a Walrus :th2thumbs: Then again, Holmgren was pretty sucessful at coaching Favre, so you never can tell. I have a feeling that teaching the short passing game isn't one of Bevell's strong suits, and he probably doesn't emphasize it much either. Holmgren teaches the short game first and foremost, but he made a few comments about wishing Hass had Favresche arm strength for situations when the long ball was advantagous.

I'm going to lean toward the ego reasoning in saying that talking about Holmgren as an OC, or much less a QB coach, is a waste of breath. Hypothetically, if he did become our OC, I think he would definitely be able to improve Wilson's short game.