UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Just realized Percy went to high school in Chesapeake, VA, less than 2 hours from Richmond, where RW and MRob are from.

Harvin and Russell won state championships at the same time (2004, different leagues). I wonder if they ever played against each other in HS?

mikeak

Reaction score
I wonder if we trade McCoy now..........

Not cut - trade. Just saying we have lots of weapons now, McCoy had a good year last year and should have created some value maybe we take advantage and get something back........

No?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":11l9cv4m said:
pinksheets":11l9cv4m said:
If you just took Percy away from the Vikes and threw him into the draft pool as he is, where do you think he goes in this draft?
Here's an interesting way to look at the value of the draft picks that we gave up for Harvin.

This year's 1st rounder is worth 720 points.

This year's 7th rounder is worth 4.6 points (approximately).

Next year's 4th rounder is worth this year's 5th rounder at 30.2 points.

Add them together and you get a total of 754.8 points, which is almost equivalent to pick #23 (760 points).

If Harvin were in this year's draft, he'd most certainly be drafted before pick #23.

I call that good value for the Hawks.

This doesn't factor in that what you are paying Harvin per year will be about 7-8 times what you pay the #23 pick, so you are really giving up the #23 pick and what other free agents the Hawks could get this year for 9 million or so. Plus, we know the Hawks ability to get a good player in the 4th round is worth much more than 2 spots in the first round.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sidenote: It's almost a mortal lock that one Seahawks-Niners matchup winds up on NBC this year

Handyman

Reaction score
He wore #1 in college, could look cool I suppose...

Attachments

• HARVIN #1.jpg
    HARVIN #1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 972

Throwdown

Reaction score
He can't wear number 1.

I think we will see him rocking 82, but I think it'd be awesome to see him rocking the double ocho!

Cut Morrah now!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

Rob is so far off base here, it isn't even funny. Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. All that matters is missed games, that is it. So even with all the problems Rob wants to point out, he missed three games between 2009-2011. None in 2012 before his first significant injury. The migraines are under control, and everyone player gets nicked up and misses practice time. Anyone that considers this a problem, is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

PS - your observation wasn't ironic, and nothing Rob said disputes what I said.
I'm sorry? Is missing 12 games, 20% of your career, suddenly statistically irrelevant? Would you concede that he has a statistically higher probability of injury than a guy like London Fletcher, whom has 237 straight starts. If so, then our disagreement is based solely on the term 'injury-risk'. To you missing 12 games in four seasons, being undersized, and having an history of migraines does not equate to injury risk while, to me, it does.

But ultimately this is not about the player it is about the DEAL. Injury history is critical information when NEGOTIATING appropriate compensation. If we were trying to trade Sidney Rice other teams would certainly low-ball us based on his injuries, not his talent. Therefore, when calculating appropriate compensation for Harvin, his mediocre productivity, his cap hit, his attitude and, yes, his injury history suggest to me he wasn't worth what we paid. You disagree. NBD...

kf3339

Reaction score
Great new! Now all we need is Desmond Bryant at 3tech and either Osi, Freeney or some other quality DE and we are set!

lukerguy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3bos1zpk said:
Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?

Who thinks we lose to anyone last year with him in the line up? Maybe the 49ers at Candlestick.

mikeak

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":13kexo8u said:
This doesn't factor in that what you are paying Harvin per year will be about 7-8 times what you pay the #23 pick, so you are really giving up the #23 pick and what other free agents the Hawks could get this year for 9 million or so. Plus, we know the Hawks ability to get a good player in the 4th round is worth much more than 2 spots in the first round.

I agree about not forgetting about the money. With that said

Lets put Harvin at $10 million per year

Kendall Wright WR went number 20 last year and signed four years $8.2 million so $2 / year
AJ Jenkins signed number 30 last year WR and signed four years $7 million

So about five times what you pay a rookie

AJ Jenkins was active FOUR games for SF last year.......that is a draft pick and those things happen
Wright - 64 catches 626 yards 4 TD's -- I would say he played pretty good especially on that offense

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yes! Touchdown makers a plenty! This O will give defenses fits! Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Marshawn, Robinson and Wilson? That is an embarrassment of riches right there. And there’s also that DEFENSE. It’s almost not fair. I think they might score 100 points at some point next year. We might be the first team to have our entire offense and defense start in the pro bowl. With a few exceptions in the trenches, I think we have legitimate pro bowl caliber talent at every position on the field.

I'm totally giddy right now!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just want to add a bit to this thread:

Percy Harvin is a gamebreaker. Great player. Can run out of the backfield, catch mini screens, run through the slot. and return. He makes this offense a lot, lot better.

he doesnt have an injury "history". He didnt have a migraine all 2012-2013. He did have the nasty ankle thing. But who knows how hurt he was, as the Vikes were dead set on jailing him.

He is not a malcontent. However, he does speak his mind. he was upset at contract negotiations earlier in 2011 and again in 2012 (hes on a rookie contract). He hated catching passes from Ponder and made it known. Thats not a problem if Wilson runs an effective offense. He just wants to win.

the only downside I see in this move is that we have to pay Sherman, Wilson and some other young stars in the near future. Alot will depend on what Harvin's contract looks like

**should preface this with I live in MN and hear all the opinions on Harvin from the locals, so I'm basing alot on what talk radio and local print and tv media give us**

White Devil

Reaction score
The 49er's just responded by trading the Ravens a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin

‏@AdamSchefter
As @RavensInsider insider reported, WR Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick. WRs piling up in NFC West.

DohBoy

Reaction score
So this is how it rolls over on 49er's Zone:

Whiner Nation: "This guy is a locker room cancer, he's going to destroy the 'Hawks cap space, he can't stay healthy, he's a prima donna. I hope he chokes out Carroll. F-Bomb. Howard Dean scream. Fire in the hole! Etc., etc., etc."

A reasonable reply by a 'Hawk fan (think Roland): "You cupcakes said the same crap about Beastmode. How's that worked out?"

Whiner Nation: <crickets>.

So enjoyable...

Axx

Reaction score
we will waive the retired status on the jersey #12 for Percy Harvin

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Harvin gives a lot more than Tate, Tate is tougher, that's about it.

You can line Harvin up anywhere, slot, outside, in the backfield, he's one of the most multidimensional players in football. He can score from anywhere at anytime. That's what the Seahawks need, explosiveness.

This is a Win Now move, and I like it.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
He starts to hear rumors that the Seahawks are strongly pursuing Harvin:
Harbull medium

but by his "bullcrap" you can tell he doesn't believe it.

He just found out Harvin is a Seahawk:
happy-harbaugh1-10-18-12.gif

It actually hit him... HARVIN IS A SEAHAWK:
Jim-Harbaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.