UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":mxgsca9n said:
Hawkfan77":mxgsca9n said:
redhawk253":mxgsca9n said:
no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..
Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying

how about you dont tell me what to do on the forums.. its kinda annoying.. i can hold multiple conversations with multiple people.. people like to be addressed specifically and not generally most of the time... so if you dont like it.. dont read my posts. giddeeeyaup
Don't know if HF77 will take your advice, but I sure as hell will, I don't like reading nonsensical bs :141847_bnono: .

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Gunner":36l6e4ic said:
pinksheets":36l6e4ic said:
Gunner":36l6e4ic said:
Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

With that being said, last season another player with known off the field issues was traded, so just want to throw this out there, would you rather have Harvin for what we have given up or Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders?
Yeah, but it's not everyday you're in the middle of a phonecall with Jeff Ireland and he strokes out. Hard to use that trade as a measuring stick.

Very true, but it does sort of put the value were paying into perspective, as Marshall is more of a prototypical #1 wideout with crazy production, but with how our offense is now set up I can see Harvin, providing he stays healthy produce similarly.

Plus, our 3rd rounder sort of turned out to be an alright player as luck would have it!

Some other differences between Marshall and Harvin. Marshall's a more standard #1 WR... he doesn't have the versatility of Harvin. Don't get me wrong, Marshall can play his role REALLY damn well... but he's still a one-role kind of guy. Another thing is that Marshall has crazy good chemistry with Jay Cutler. I don't know that you would have seen those same results anywhere else.

Finally, while Harvin might be a bit of a diva, Marshall's a bit of a diva with documented mental issues.

I'll stick with the deal we got. :mrgreen:

grizbob

Reaction score
Is it August yet?! The Harvin news is great and all, but it's making the wait till next season more and more anticipated :180670: :3: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think this is the type of year where maybe they only want to add a few impact players. I could definitely see a trade to get back in the 1st.

Carroll said how hard he thought it would be for rookies this year to make the roster, so why waste draft picks on guys you might not be confident in making your team? Maximize your resources.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
You're right. All of the sudden they just forgot how to run a team. You should really let them know the errors of their way and how they will destroy this team for trading for a true playmaker[/quote]

Did you even read what I posted? I never anywhere stated they destroyed this team. I also stated Percy is an exciting player and I get being excited about what he could add to the offense. I understand why they made the trade. I just think there were receivers in the draft for MUCH cheaper (and still lots of talent) that have not had attitude issues everywhere they have gone. Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Natethegreat":23efukrd said:
Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.

:34853_doh:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":29rgvcb0 said:
HawksFTW":29rgvcb0 said:
Natethegreat":29rgvcb0 said:
. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

Being on the injury report and missing games are two different things.

Lynch was on the injury report every week.

So LOL at him being brittle. He hurt his ankle and was IR'd because of his butting heads with Frazier. The other three games he missed due to migraines, which if you've ever had a bad one.. you can attest they're pure hell. You cannot even move, much less play football. But apparently he doesn't suffer from these anymore.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
He got hurt against Seattle last year.

Just making sure he avoids injury in the future.

The Outfield

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1b6g4dgo said:
He got hurt against Seattle last year.

Just making sure he avoids injury in the future.

I guess as long as he's on our team, then he should be fine :mrgreen:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31o3tgti said:

So LOL at him being brittle. He hurt his ankle and was IR'd because of his butting heads with Frazier. The other three games he missed due to migraines, which if you've ever had a bad one.. you can attest they're pure hell. You cannot even move, much less play football. But apparently he doesn't suffer from these anymore.

Well that's just great. Now BeastMode has a substantial injury history, thanks to you Hasselbeck. :x

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Natethegreat":9u70xsv1 said:
I just think there were receivers in the draft for MUCH cheaper (and still lots of talent) that have not had attitude issues everywhere they have gone. Not to mention Percy has had injury issues every year and the migraines would scare me as well with the current concern over head injuries.

:lol:

WR's are the biggest crapshoot pick in the draft. Yeah one of them COULD be good, but very rarely do you get a lot of production out of a rookie. Look how long it took Tate to blossom.

Harvin is the real deal and you know what you're getting out of him. Basically we just drafted Percy Harvin at 25 and kicked the Vikings a 7th round pick for the trouble. I'll take that over some iffy DT/DE or WR that may or may not even see the field in 2013.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1evsprmb said:
Hasselbeck":1evsprmb said:

Well that's just great. Now BeastMode has a substantial injury history, thanks to you Hasselbeck. :x

:D So perfect. I don't mean to belittle another person's opinion (ok, maybe I do a little bit) but the claims people are making about Harvin's health really are that absurd.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Has anyone really zeroed in on the genius of this move? The Seahawks will be unstoppable on Madden now.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Here's a sampling of what the heads are saying throughout the Twitterverse:

Jim Rome (@jimrome) - "Percy Harvin to the Seattle?! Is he worth all the trouble? Hell yes. To Seattle he is. Great trade for the 'Hawks."

Skip Bayless (@realskipbayless) - "Great move by the Seahawks acquiring PercyHarvin. Gamebreaker. You'd better answer by trading for Revis, 49ers."

Rich Eisen (@richeisen) - "I'm just beginning to try and wrap my head around @DangeRussWilson, Marshwann Lynch and Percy Harvin in same offense. Wow."

Jeff Capellini (@greenlanternjet) - "@richeisen @DangeRussWilson Plus Tate, Rice and Miller. It's madness. #Seahawks"

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3dx8a80w said:
CalgaryHawk":3dx8a80w said:
Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")

That's a fine generality. How about OUR coaches? In 3 full seasons have we heard of a single incident that threatened the stability of this team or the locker room? Has there been anyone we offered a sizable contract to that has caused problems? If there is no precedent for it, why worry about it?

I'm going to celebrate the hell out of this day, then cue up a bunch of Percy's highlights, followed by RW, Tate, Rice, Lynch, & Miller highlights, and get even more crazy excited and wish even more that today was Sunday, week 1 of the 2013 NFL season!!!

It's a good point you make and I don't disagree with your general point. On the other hand, in the three years Carroll/John S. have been in charge, they have yet to offer a sizeable contract to someone with a reputation for being as big a malcontent like Harvin, so I think this is really our first test case. And we have had players with small contracts brought in who did cause problems and didn't listen to the coaching (L. White), so it's not as if the Seahawks coaches are somehow immune to this. The difference is that L. White and those guys didn't cost us anything, so they could be easily shipped out if they didn't buy in to Carroll's program.

mikeak

Reaction score
A few points - I am for the trade so you are clear :)

1) For those against - what are your thoughts if SF had traded for Percy....... curious how you would have felt about that
2) For those saying it is like trading a 23 round pick or trading up to fifth cheaply etc -- no it is not. You also spend the money that you don't on a rookie and this guy can re-negotiate whenever which a rookie can't. I like the deal but it is not the same. Also less risk I give you that
3) Natethegreat is right - saying he is wrong just because the front office know what they are doing counters the use of an online forum.... I did do this in regards to Reggie Bush but it is different (in my mind) as PC coached Reggie for years

4) After the season towards the tail-end I would say there was an overall agreement on this forum. We need pass rusher and we need better Wide Receivers.

Based on number 4 alone - how can this be a bad deal? We got one of the two key improvements one that can make up for points allowed by the defense and it tells me that we are moving away from power-running football. Now we sign Abraham and get some more in the draft for the defense.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Scottemojo":n9j5m0kd said:
Has anyone really zeroed in on the genius of this move? The Seahawks will be unstoppable on Madden now.

Seattle doesn't get respect outside of the pnw.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":kwtyse6i said:
Here's a sampling of what the heads are saying throughout the Twitterverse:

Jim Rome (@jimrome) - "Percy Harvin to the Seattle?! Is he worth all the trouble? Hell yes. To Seattle he is. Great trade for the 'Hawks."

Skip Bayless (@realskipbayless) - "Great move by the Seahawks acquiring PercyHarvin. Gamebreaker. You'd better answer by trading for Revis, 49ers."

Rich Eisen (@richeisen) - "I'm just beginning to try and wrap my head around @DangeRussWilson, Marshwann Lynch and Percy Harvin in same offense. Wow."

Jeff Capellini (@greenlanternjet) - "@richeisen @DangeRussWilson Plus Tate, Rice and Miller. It's madness. #Seahawks"

Shit, Bayless loves the deal. We were fleeced!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.