Trading DK

Mix

Reaction score
What are the chances you hit on another talent like DK?

Picks are great if they turn into actual talent. You will eventually want talent around. build the core, DK is a core offensive weapon. Chances are we will end up with a 4-5 year window at QB due to QB contracts out of the draft.

Keeping DK allows that window to stay wider open out of the gate. I do agree with much of what you said though.

Fade

Reaction score
These days? WRs grow on trees relative to other positions.

In the draft they took DK, they also could've taken Deebo and AJ Brown had they not wasted picks on LJ Collier and Marquise Blair. And had all THREE.

Chawker

Reaction score
It sure sounds like the trade buzz is picking up steam, with the mention of teams like Jets, Falcons and the Cowboys. And then there are the teams we know are in need of WR help, Packers and Chiefs, but are lower in the draft order.

Then theres Philly with multiple round picks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
anybody confident on a big drive going to DK? I can see a drop, not getting open, getting frustrated, a fumble, a penalty or a big play.

He is not at the level of other top receivers

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's 24. For the next two years, and for the years during his next contract, he will be in his prime. All while we hopefully have a good, hopefully great qb on a rookie deal, who will be in desperate need of DK's experience and skills. If you trade him, who are you going to get that's as good or better than him? No one, that's who. That said, if you have to trade him next year in order to get the qbotf with the #1 pick, I could sort of see that, but I still think we would regret it later, immensely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unless someone offers TWO first round picks, not even worth considering. They've never had a guy with his skill set, period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Koren wasn't nearly the player that DK is. Not even close, but I get the comparison. Mike Williams was also a big guy. But, they haven't had a guy like this. Just my opinion

chris98251

Reaction score
Koren was big, fast, and had good hands, but his head just wasn't right and actually became a pet project for Holmgren for a while, which was rare. Never achieved his potential due a messed up head and work ethic.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Losers so used to having a baseball team become the minors for other teams and bringing that mentality to the Seahawks.

Y’all really down that bad after trading a QB who can’t throw over the middle and cutting a LB with offensive guard speed?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The rumor was that Koren never achieved his potential because one of the other WRs who kept dropping passes, (I think it was Darryl Jackson) kept taking him out drinking every night. The late night drinking was whispered about pretty frequently. It is hard for something like that to be kept a secret.

Koren was a stud but he never got serious about focusing on football. Apparently, he didn't eat enough candy.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I thought after the standard DK denial for the previous trade that we might be clear - I'm NOT convinced that he's gonna be here in a short period of time.

Which sucks. I thought that he was immature - but he should have grown out of that. Maybe it IS the candy.

No E can't carry everything by himself. If HE's even here. Frikken rebuild!

nanomoz

Reaction score
The last minute of this is so amazing. "The guy's a superhero with everything but the cape . . . how do you not . . . "

massari

Reaction score

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we traded him to the Jets for that #10 pick we gave them for JA :ROFLMAO:🤢🤮
That would be extremely depressing. The problem is we don't really know how the contract extension talks are going.

I still think we should be able to draft an extension that's great for both parties but there's always the chance that Metcalf's agent is super unreasonable.

Reactions: PNW

nanomoz

Reaction score
They turned down #10? I'm glad.

But what is the price they couldn't turn down? There's got to be one or there wouldn't be all of this noise. And Pete would have used that damn phrase "no intent of trading him."

Looking at what Tyreek and Davante netted, and knowing DK is only 24 and his prime is just starting, it's probably in excess of two firsts.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The last minute of this is so amazing. "The guy's a superhero with everything but the cape . . . how do you not . . . "

Other than DK and Jamal Adams?@!?!? wtf is he smoking, Tyler Lockett, Diggs.. and a few more jfc what a stooge