Trading DK

QWERTY

Reaction score
What can we get for DK?

We were already in a good spot with or without DK.

Lockett, Eskridge, (Swain/Hart/Ursua).

Also we are going to be 60% run 40 % pass.

I'm thinking at least 2 1st round picks or 1st round and 3rd 5th round pick?

Rat

Reaction score
QWERTY":18r48jsx said:

WRs don't bring two first-rounders anymore. Those kind of deals only happen for QBs and Strong Safetys.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
They've publicly announced that they are shopping Lockett, not DK.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":30gm7ffa said:
They've publicly announced that they are shopping Lockett, not DK.

So we are losing Lockett since we hear nothing but the truth...............

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our best weapons, and arguably our best players, are now WRs.

We have no QB.

Whether we keep the WRs depends on whether we can get a high caliber top tier QB.
(ie Watson...there is no other option)

If we don't get Watson, it makes no sense to keep the rest of them - because a rookie QB won't move the needle enough to justify the cost of keeping our top WRs.

But it would be comical if we got someone like whatshisname from the Ravens and then tried to justify the cost of Lockett or keeping DK. At that point you almost HAVE to trade them (depending on cap hit).

If we cannot get a great QB, we have to trade DK - since he will probably walk without a QB.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Multi-year plan:

Trade good players for draft picks.

When the draft picks turn into good players, trade them. Think of all the picks and cap space.

Also, get really excited about comp picks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
QWERTY":3gtwnyf7 said:
What can we get for DK?

We were already in a good spot with or without DK.

Lockett, Eskridge, (Swain/Hart/Ursua).

Also we are going to be 60% run 40 % pass.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA, wait!-- :oops: what?--- you were being serious??? :17:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Trading Tyler is about $$$. Book it.

This team wants young bucks to step up and take the reigns. Tyler’s a great player, but I won’t be shocked if he is cut / traded. Clear payroll, restock and make another run in 2 years. Could happen.

jeremiah

Reaction score
No E will take a paycut for more years guaranteed. I think Tyler is the best WR Seattle has had since Largent, and he deserves to get paid, but I have a man crush on him. He is a baller.

Elemas

Reaction score
Personally, I don’t think we’ll be competitive for at least 2 years (likely more). As much as I love Tyler and DK, now’s the time to trade them…if ever. Eat Tyler’s dead money. Get some type of return on DK because he’s either walking or demanding a salary that we won’t want to pay.

I love these guys. I really do. Lockett’s dead money is an issue but, you’ve got to try to get something while you can. Same with DK unless you pull off a miracle.

Id love to hang onto our young studs but….

KinesProf

Reaction score
DK Metcalf is 24 , a core piece that opponents have to account for, and ascending as the technical skill and experience catch up to the physical. An extension is well within their budget.

Mike Evans had to wait until year 7 to play with Tom Brady. Cooper Kupp was in his age 28 season when Stafford arrived. Less than stellar QB situations are no reason to part with excellent WRs.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Go look at Tyler’s contract hits the next few years and you’ll see why this is even a topic.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Sometimes you can't time the order in which the weapons arrive and how that relates to when the answer at QB arrives. But you do have to be prepared.

It was really good for Russ to step into an offense that already had Baldwin, Rice, Tate, Miller, and Lynch.

I think you'd want the next QB to be comparatively well equipped upon arrival.

Elemas

Reaction score
nwHawk":3ml3w9r5 said:
Go look at Tyler’s contract hits the next few years and you’ll see why this is even a topic.

Unless you’re ok eating the dead money. In which, I am.

Holding onto DK makes sense. But, this really depends on what he’s going to be asking for next year. If it’s what I think it’s going to be, I don’t see us paying that. And if that’s the case, you already know the answer.

Honest question…who the hell’s throwing it to these guys? As it stands, it’s Drew Lock. And….I highly doubt we wagered all of this to nab Watson. Even if he doesn’t face jail time or suspension, we don’t have as much to offer as others in the market for a QB.

I see DK asking for no less than $20M with it likely being $21-22M. Add in Tyler’s salary and then ask yourself if trading them now really sounds far fetched?

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Rat":2zsis6oz said:
QWERTY":2zsis6oz said:

WRs don't bring two first-rounders anymore. Those kind of deals only happen for QBs and Strong Safetys.

Look at how much DK makes. A team like KC who’s hard cap won’t give up another draft pick or 2 just for a title?

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
GemCity":3mlbbofu said:
nwHawk":3mlbbofu said:

Unless you’re ok eating the dead money. In which, I am.

Holding onto DK makes sense. But, this really depends on what he’s going to be asking for next year. If it’s what I think it’s going to be, I don’t see us paying that. And if that’s the case, you already know the answer.

Honest question…who the hell’s throwing it to these guys? As it stands, it’s Drew Lock. And….I highly doubt we wagered all of this to nab Watson. Even if he doesn’t face jail time or suspension, we don’t have as much to offer as others in the market for a QB.

I see DK asking for no less than $20M with it likely being $21-22M. Add in Tyler’s salary and then ask yourself if trading them now really sounds far fetched?

20 mill? I’m thinking minimum 25 mill and Dhop is making like 27mill atm.

Elemas

Reaction score
It very well could be that high. I was trying to be conservative.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Raiders gave up #1 and #2 picks.

So "I'm thinking at least 2 1st round picks or 1st round and 3rd 5th round pick?"

is still reasonable.