To all the Wilson haters

Elemas

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2qqme1li said:
Own The West":2qqme1li said:
This thread is addressed "to all the Wilson haters".

Does any anybody hate RW? Please respond. I've never met nor heard of anyone that didn't think he was a good QB and a decent guy.

We probably got the most we could ever get for Wilson. Since there were only 4 teams he would go to, I'd say it's the best of a bad situation. Our heroes get old. They die. And as frustrated as I got with him sometimes, I've never hated him.

Maybe when the Broncos play in Seattle next year I'll try to hate him with 2:00 left in the half, but really, it was a good run. I'm glad we didn't hang on to him for nostalgic reasons until he turned into Ben Roethlisberger and I'm sorry the good run came to an end. But it was always going to come to an end, and now I look forward to the future.

“Does anyone hate RW?”

Yes. He has never been embraced here. Ever since he was drafted.

His character was dissected from every angle. Despite all of his community work, Seattle fans found every which way to paint a narrative about him. He was a robot, he was phony, he was corny. It wasn’t possible to them that he was just a really good person (he was) and had a unique personality. It felt like watching the “weird kid” get bullied at school.

His height meant that there was always a level of bias against him. A bad game was because he was too short. He was consistently scapegoated by fans. I’ve been seeing this for 10 years and it was unlike anything I had ever seen from participating in Seahawks forums and other teams.

Every accomplishment he had has been diminished here. His “frustrating flaws” were exaggerated by those who nitpicked at him constantly. There was never a true desire by half the fan base to invest in the O-line. He was held to a completely different standard than other top QBs in the league. There has never been a QB to put up his numbers that is treated that way.

Many in the fan base were so biased towards him, they even agreed with Sherman and others that he was “coddled.” Forget that Wilson was treated like every QB in the league. Nope, can’t have that. We must be okay with players telling him “you suck” and getting in his face. Something that never happens to franchise QBs. And something that Sherman never said to Jimmy G. Few fans thought it was wrong,

Russell Wilson did all the right things. He was top 3 in touchdown passes in his final years here. He did amazing work in the community. He carried teams with below average O-lines and defenses. None of that was enough. He was still spoken of as a trash player who couldn’t see over his line. Again, I’ve never seen a guy produce at his level get treated that way. I’ve witnessed fans crap all over him week after week for years now in some really personal ways. Let’s not BS and whitewash. I guess if you’d like me to dig up the old posts we can do that.

I’m glad he’s gone. I’ll always be a Seahawks fan. But peaking over at Broncos forums, it was so nice to see them actually embrace him. That is NOT the level of embrace that took place when we first drafted him. You can look through posts on here since 2012 and you will see a fan base that has been split on Russ for years. For his detractors, he had to be near perfect

Couldn’t have said it better. I wish Russ nothing but personal success while hoping Denver loses every…single…game. One can wish…

I hate the way he was treated here. But, for positivity’s sake, know we need to move on and give this old Pete Ball thing a try.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Do I hate Wilson? No , I just think that this was going to happen and needed to happen
For all those involved.

He's a great player and win a lot of games and a Super bowl . He's also close to 35 years
Old and is going to want Aaron Rodgers money in less than a year.

I do think he has some deficiencies that have raised their head as of late. He doesn't even
Pretend like he's a threat to run and that made him unique at the time . He's not a classic
Drop back qb and seems to miss a lot of open receivers or holds the ball too long. Just
My opinion though.

I wish him the best of luck and as long as Seattle doesn't hire kaepernick, I'll continue to
Watch and cheer for them .

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1cjyyefg said:
“Does anyone hate RW?”

His character was dissected from every angle. Despite all of his community work, Seattle fans found every which way to paint a narrative about him. He was a robot, he was phony, he was corny. It wasn’t possible to them that he was just a really good person (he was) and had a unique personality. It felt like watching the “weird kid” get bullied at school.

His height meant that there was always a level of bias against him. A bad game was because he was too short. He was consistently scapegoated by fans. I’ve been seeing this for 10 years and it was unlike anything I had ever seen from participating in Seahawks forums and other teams.

Every accomplishment he had has been diminished here. His “frustrating flaws” were exaggerated by those who nitpicked at him constantly. There was never a true desire by half the fan base to invest in the O-line. He was held to a completely different standard than other top QBs in the league. There has never been a QB to put up his numbers that is treated that way.

Many in the fan base were so biased towards him, they even agreed with Sherman and others that he was “coddled.” Forget that Wilson was treated like every QB in the league. Nope, can’t have that. We must be okay with players telling him “you suck” and getting in his face. Something that never happens to franchise QBs. And something that Sherman never said to Jimmy G. Few fans thought it was wrong,

Russell Wilson did all the right things. He was top 3 in touchdown passes in his final years here. He did amazing work in the community. He carried teams with below average O-lines and defenses. None of that was enough. He was still spoken of as a trash player who couldn’t see over his line. Again, I’ve never seen a guy produce at his level get treated that way. I’ve witnessed fans crap all over him week after week for years now in some really personal ways. Let’s not BS and whitewash. I guess if you’d like me to dig up the old posts we can do that.

I’m glad he’s gone. I’ll always be a Seahawks fan. But peaking over at Broncos forums, it was so nice to see them actually embrace him. That is NOT the level of embrace that took place when we first drafted him. You can look through posts on here since 2012 and you will see a fan base that has been split on Russ for years. For his detractors, he had to be near perfect

Best post on the subject ever.

Shiloh67[96-00]

Reaction score
@zhawk. You are aware that, there was a provision written into the sale of the Seahawks to Paul G Allen. And it stated that if the Seahawks, were to be sold by him, or an existing owner the Seahawks, that owner or ownership group had to be local, or have ties to the area. The other provision in the sale to Paul G Allen, is that the Seahawks can never be moved if they are sold. They belong to the city of Seattle, and their 12s all over the world

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
@zhawk. You are aware that, there was a provision written into the sale of the Seahawks to Paul G Allen. And it stated that if the Seahawks, were to be sold by him, or an existing owner the Seahawks, that owner or ownership group had to be local, or have ties to the area. The other provision in the sale to Paul G Allen, is that the Seahawks can never be moved if they are sold. They belong to the city of Seattle, and their 12s all over the world
I guess I had forgotten that stipulation. But I was pretty upset and it just felt like the natural progression.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
“Does anyone hate RW?”

He was never embraced and yet the Seahawks paid him 35 million a year to be one of the highest paid in the league.

The offensive line wasn’t great but he always struggled to throw the ball on timing routes.

He worked on his red zone game and for a while was terrific down there.

But he often struggled on third downs. Teams would confuse him or bring pressure up the middle that led to sacks and bad decisions.

He was difficult to negotiate contracts with and threatened to play baseball instead. If your going to play hardball then your going to get hardball from JS.

He always demanded top dollar despite complaining about his offensive line.

Ultimately defenses figured out his tendencies and he struggled to overcome this.

I never liked his personality but his highlight throws were legendary and I loved watching him play.

But to say he was hated and never embraced is just foolish nonsense. I know a lot of people who were sickened by the whole deal despite the fact that he forced his way out to get away from PC.

I wish him the best in Denver but that division is tough. He’s going to face some great QB’s twice a year who are a lot younger than him. They also have some excellent pass rushers.

I know he can sling it but I really think he is at his best with a strong run game and a lot of play action.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
well her eis what I will say

Wilson just went to a team

with a better defense
better RB
Good Wr corps
an offensive-minded HC
a better oline
They still have 8 draft picks
They have more FA money
and an easier strength of schedule

And we get
2 1st that we have no shown we can use
2 2nd again we have not shown we can use
we get a journeyman Te
a no name
and drew lock
and we still are on the hook for over half of Wilson cap hit

Seems fair NOT!!!!
It seems you are lost. Here's a link to where you were looking for.

Enjoy wearing Orange.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I can think of no scenario where keeping him here would have led to a sb winning outcome. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. It was time to move on. With change comes opportunity for growth.

rcaido

Reaction score
I can think of no scenario where keeping him here would have led to a sb winning outcome. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. It was time to move on. With change comes opportunity for growth.

Every time they go to the Playoffs, you have that chance of winning a SB. You trade Wilson, we are not going to make the playoff before Wilson retires. This was probably our best chance this season, since probably 2015. I rather have Wilson here winning then being 4 to 6 win team for a decade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Every time they go to the Playoffs, you have that chance of winning a SB. You trade Wilson, we are not going to make the playoff before Wilson retires. This was probably our best chance this season, since probably 2015. I rather have Wilson here winning then being 4 to 6 win team for a decade.

What's your rationale for thinking 2022 was our best chance of winning a SB with Russell?

- no O-line
- no D-line
- one good LB
- one good safety (no, not Adams)
- mediocre CB's
- RB group who can't stay healthy

Pete and John saw the writing on the wall, and that writing said handing over 50M to an aging QB that relies on his diminishing quickness and mobility for the next 4-5 years wasn't viable.

Was trading Russell also a big risk? Absolutely. But if you're giving me the choice of which has the highest possibility of happening? Then I'm picking this scenario over running it back and scratching and clawing for a WC seed because our QB is soaking up 20+% of the cap.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
It seems you are lost. Here's a link to where you were looking for.

Enjoy wearing Orange.
Is it odd that those who said similar when Wilson was being bitched about were told that you can fan the way you want, but those who speak well of him now and invited to become a Bronco fan?

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont know why people call it hate. It was frustrating to watch because you knew Russ couldn't win with Pete's style and Pete couldn't win with Russell's style. After that whole let russ cook debacle, it was pretty much over from that point. Russ will have success if he is allowed to play his style and we need players who can embrace Pete's style. It is as simple as that.

rcaido

Reaction score
If Wilson did not get injured last season, we would have made the playoffs.

Pete & John are saying Wilson wanted to leave, they wanted to keep him because they know he was the reason why they kept winning. Its not that they cant afford to be a competitive team w/ a soon to be 50million dollar QB.

As for my reasons this would be the best chance since 2015

- Penny finally got his chance and prove he has the talent to be a star RB
- With a good running game, Wilson would be even more Dangeruss
- New DC
- One of the best receiving core
- Lot of cap money to spend
- Young CB that showed lots of talent. (No more Tre Flowers)

As soon as i heard Erin got that huge contract, i knew they would not be able to afford Adams. Brady retired. Rams superbowl hangover. The NFC did not really have a dominate team last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Right, scratching and clawing for WC spots, that's where we would have been last year even with a healthy Russell.

Your other "positive" bullet points are all speculation, not facts. Promise and hope don't equal Lombardis........and your point about Rodgers and Adams is proving my point, once you pay your QB 50M, you won't have the cap to spend on other high priced free agents or elite players on your own roster.

We already went through this, trying to pay everyone. It didn't work in 2014-2015, and it won't work now. You can't build even an above average O and D-line when you're paying your QB and WR a combined 80M, which is what would happen next year with Russ and DK.

Bottom line, this team had and has NOWHERE near the roster talent to compete for even an NFC West title, let alone a SB.

Is that Pete and John's fault? Yep. So not exactly enamored with trusting them with another rebuild either. But here we are.

rcaido

Reaction score
Right, scratching and clawing for WC spots, that's where we would have been last year even with a healthy Russell.

Your other "positive" bullet points are all speculation, not facts. Promise and hope don't equal Lombardis........and your point about Rodgers and Adams is proving my point, once you pay your QB 50M, you won't have the cap to spend on other high priced free agents or elite players on your own roster.

We already went through this, trying to pay everyone. It didn't work in 2014-2015, and it won't work now. You can't build even an above average O and D-line when you're paying your QB and WR a combined 80M, which is what would happen next year with Russ and DK.

Bottom line, this team had and has NOWHERE near the roster talent to compete for even an NFC West title, let alone a SB.

Is that Pete and John's fault? Yep. So not exactly enamored with trusting them with another rebuild either. But here we are.
I rather we are winning and making playoffs every year to have a chance to win SB then not making the playoffs for a decade.

We won our division 12-4 previous year before the injury. That was the second best record in our conference. Fourth best overall in the NFL. This with having record breaking terrible defense three fourth of the season. Norton gone, all i see is upside on our defense.

Unless we get lucky on a QB, its going to get really bad for a long time.

chris98251

Reaction score
This isn't the Ken Behring Seahawks, we won't be bad for a decade, they also expanded the playoff pool by two teams, Chicken Little syndrome going on here now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I rather we are winning and making playoffs every year to have a chance to win SB then not making the playoffs for a decade.

We won our division 12-4 previous year before the injury. That was the second best record in our conference. Fourth best overall in the NFL. This with having record breaking terrible defense three fourth of the season. Norton gone, all i see is upside on our defense.

Unless we get lucky on a QB, its going to get really bad for a long time.

We shall see won't we.

You seem to be saying we need Russell Wilson to remain relevant and winning, and that you don't trust John and Pete to rebuild a playoff contender.

Your way isn't sustainable either. You either have the right ownership, GM and coach in place to win, or you don't. Thinking the QB is fixing all those deficiencies also can't work in the long run, and certainly not for the next decade like you're insinuating.

Gaalbladder

Reaction score
This isn't the Ken Behring Seahawks, we won't be bad for a decade, they also expanded the playoff pool by two teams, Chicken Little syndrome going on here now.
Long time lurker, and a Hawks’ fan since the end of the Dave Krieg era. I’ve lived through the Mirer/Stouffer/McGwire years, as well as other low points over the past 32 years. You are correct - this will not be a long dry spell. While the next franchise QB likely won’t be here soon, a decent one will get Seattle to the playoffs if the defense is fixed and the running game is solid.

Branch Rickey was once the GM of the Dodgers, and he said it best: trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late. That’s what happened here.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think it is fair to say our draft class last two years has been pretty strong. IT isn't often you see immediate results from draftees, but our younger guys are coming on very strong. Jordan and Taylor for example.
As for Russ's import to this team it is obvious a lot of folks didn't like him, for whatever reason. Thing is he is gone, so we need to look at the exchange rate and try to make certain the players we obtain are collectively more impactful than Wilson by himself was. That is what we should be talking about instead of hating on this person or that person.

Latest posts