Titans reportedly shopping Derrick Henry

knownone

Reaction score
This is interesting if true. He's 29, so I doubt they'd get much more than a 2nd or 3rd round worth of value. But his contract is essentially only guaranteed for this season, with two years tacked on at roughly 4m/season. That's a good deal for a contending team. I'm not sure he fits what the Seahawks are doing. But it'll be interesting to see if someone takes a look at him because, at worst, he'd still be a good short-yardage back.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Meh, he's used up. Look to the draft. We need to keep our RB room young and dynamic.
Agreed. I love me some King Henry, especially when he was stiff arm sandwiching that dumb f**k Earl Thomas into his lead blocker. But, to a running back, NFL years are dog years. Hard pass.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He ran for 1,538 yards last season. Depending on the price, I wouldn’t object to a trade to get him. Just imagine a Henry and Walker backfield. Plus he’s a back who can wear down defenses.

I don’t want any of the other NFC West teams to get him. Hate to have to play him twice.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He would be the yin to Walker's yang. Big, power back is just what we need, even if he is 29. Can't afford him though.

Mizak

Reaction score

damn, Penny and Henry with Eagles is unstoppable.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score

damn, Penny and Henry with Eagles is unstoppable.

Wow, the asking price is lower than I thought it would be. The Seahawks have 2 2nd round and 2 5th round picks. So a 2nd and 5th round pick each for Derrick Henry. They could make this happen, if they wished to. Make it so JS/PC.

James in PA

Reaction score
Wouldn't do it. Love this guy, but nothing is more unpredictable than when a veteran RB with a lot of mileage is going to hit that wall. And it happens so suddenly. A second rounder alone is too much, let alone throwing in a day 3 pick.

Last edited:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This is interesting if true. He's 29, so I doubt they'd get much more than a 2nd or 3rd round worth of value. But his contract is essentially only guaranteed for this season, with two years tacked on at roughly 4m/season.
Not sure where you are getting your numbers.

overthecap.com has his 2023 salary at $10.5M with an additional bonus at $0.5M for a total of $11.0M... not guaranteed... and his contract voids in 2024 with a $10.1M dead money hit that TEN would absorb if he were traded before June 1st.

link... https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-henry/4758

It's a huge "NO THANKS" from me. $11M for a one-year rental isn't worth it.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on Z. Charbonnet on a rookie contract for 4 years.

knownone

Reaction score
Not sure where you are getting your numbers.

overthecap.com has his 2023 salary at $10.5M with an additional bonus at $0.5M for a total of $11.0M... not guaranteed... and his contract voids in 2024 with a $10.1M dead money hit that TEN would absorb if he were traded before June 1st.

link... https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-henry/4758

It's a huge "NO THANKS" from me. $11M for a one-year rental isn't worth it.
His guarantees are prorated from prior seasons. If he's traded, his cap hit comes in around 4m/year for the receiving team. The Titans would eat the 11m.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
His guarantees are prorated from prior seasons. If he's traded, his cap hit comes in around 4m/year for the receiving team. The Titans would eat the 11m.
I continue to believe that you are wrong.

The prorated bonus numbers in years 2023, 2024 and 2025 are simply bookkeeping. That money was already paid in 2020 as a signing bonus but must be accounted for in the team's salary cap number.

The $10.5M is his contract-mandated salary and small bonus ($0.5M) for 2023. If he is traded, his new team must pay him the $11M over the course of the 2023 season.

Perhaps someone else can chime in and tell us who is correctly interpreting the data.