Titans Introduce 12th Titan at LP Field

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Copycats. :177692: :pukeface:

The Tennessee Titans are introducing the “12th Titan” fan initiative this season as a way to recognize the incredible fan base that supports the Titans at LP Field. There are 11 players for each team on a football field, but when Tennessee plays at home, they add a 12th player, the Titan fans. The program will debut at the Titans regular season opener against Oakland on September 12th with “Titans Code Blue,” when all fans are encouraged to wear Titans light blue to the game.

The 12th Titan program will incorporate a number of elements that will be seen on a weekly basis. A flag pole will be added to the south end zone plaza and a 12th Titan flag will be raised just prior to kickoff each week by an honorary 12th Titan representing all 69,143 fans at the game. The honoree will have some Tennessee roots and could be a celebrity, civic leader, community hero, a fan or a former Titans player.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/articl ... 0efcd8e052

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess it's true, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" seems as we get relevant and more exactly feared and good this will be expected and par for the course as they say.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to go ahead and copyright 12th Niner, 12th Ram, 12th Cardinal, 12th Packer, etc.

mikeak

Reaction score
Since they rarely have 11 players showing up at the same time maybe they should have called it the 11th Titan........

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
These fans have to know they're going to get mocked and made fun of...right?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
dont they have a lot of former seattle FO people?

correction, a lot of former seattle FO people who lack originality and imagination?

I sort of feel bad for titans fans, I realize people say we ripped of A&M but thats in a completely different league and who even know about their thing before we used it? But titans fans will always feel like its sort of cheap, like if we introduced our version of terrible towels or something.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2phewnm4 said:
dont they have a lot of former seattle FO people?

correction, a lot of former seattle FO people who lack originality and imagination?

I sort of feel bad for titans fans, I realize people say we ripped of A&M but thats in a completely different league and who even know about their thing before we used it? But titans fans will always feel like its sort of cheap, like if we introduced our version of terrible towels or something.

I always thought terrible towels were actually used hankies they were air drying while slinging snot at the same time.

jkitsune

Reaction score
LOL, a flag too? Nicely done boys. Who thought that one up?

I enjoy that they have to "encourage" fans to wear Titan blue to the games. "C'mon guys. Buy our merchandise. Please?"

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Its not like the Seahawks invented it. Both the Bills and the Colts have their "12th man" honored in their Ring of Honors.

Packers, Broncos, Redskins and Bears have also referred to their fan bases as the 12th man at various points.

Texas A&M started calling their crowd the 12th man in 1921.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bullshit. The didn't learn to count that high in Texas until at least the 70's

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sem4wq9 said:
Its not like the Seahawks invented it. Both the Bills and the Colts have their "12th man" honored in their Ring of Honors.

Packers, Broncos, Redskins and Bears have also referred to their fan bases as the 12th man at various points.

Texas A&M started calling their crowd the 12th man in 1921.

We get it. You don't believe in the 12th man! No need to try and diminish our status.