Three Biggest Issues Right Now?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
What are 3 issues or persons and players personnel etc that need to be resolved or improvements next year. Was gonna do a poll but replies would probably be too varied. Don't be afraid to name names...

1. Coaching...I am still on the fence whether I want Pete out. I definitely do want the coordinators out but if it's like others have said about rinse and repeat I'd be concerned. If Pete is hiring continual failures at these positions how much longer can that be tolerated? There are so many bad coaches out there right now like the guy from last night's game that id be concerned about viable replacement at hc..if there were a change...who would do the search for new coaching staff?? I definitely want Hurtt and Waldron gone...will decide over next 4 games if Pete is added for an entirely new philosophical change.

2. QB succession plan...okay we all know Geno is never gonna be a guy to win a super bowl. He was an intermediate fill in and while I think he's better than expected there needs to be a plan at qb longterm. I'd like to see a qb drafted in either next year's draft or the one after. Obviously these 9-8 finishes get us nowhere in getting a top prospect. So is it just gonna be luck or is there someone legit we can get with a mid round pick??

3. Shedding the anchors...its time to say see ya to several players...Adams Diggs Wagner Dallas come to mind immediately. It's time to address the back end to support Witherspoon and rebuild the linebacker core with fresh young blood. I named Dallas as we get shit from him on returns. Most times I'm just happy he didn't turnover the ball. Wagner is an all time great and will always be a legend but it's time to move on as age has caught up to him.

Obviously massive coaching and perhaps front office changes are going to have a huge impact on all of this. I am concerned about just staying status quo under Pete but concerned we could end up worse...Having a vacant owner isn't helping.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I rewatched the Lynch interview with Shannon Sharpe and it was made fairly obvious after the 49 debacle that the ride was over. I know the players are all but gone from that era but wonder if that just still lingers with Pete here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Mods deleting people's posts
Are you sure? I don't see anything showing that? If it happens again hit us up and whoever did can at least explain why.

Good post Cyrus. I agree on all of it but I'm slightly stronger on Pete as I think 14 years is a long, long time and a fresh set of eyes and approach could be a good thing and Im willing to take that chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I only see one issue right now, and it's been the same issue for years. Identity.

Pete and John have failed at re-establishing the physical bully identity that they created during the SB years. Oh they've tried desperately, but very little has worked.

The Adams trade, the Diggs trade, bringing Bobby back, drafting DK, spending two high picks on RB's to get back to a punishing run 1st offense setting up play action and explosive plays downfield.

You can't build a cohesive consistent winner in any sport without establishing what your identity is.........and IMO that's really where Pete's failed the most over the past 6-7 years. As hard as he's tried, he can't figure out how to get back to that, as he watches the other two successful teams in our division with smarter coaches do just that. Beat the ever loving piss out of him year after year with his own physical bully formula.

Time to hang up the Double Bubble and Nike Monarchs homie. It's time.

morgulon1

Reaction score
At the direction of the Seahawks front office?

Are you sure? I don't see anything showing that? If it happens again hit us up and whoever did can at least explain why.

Good post Cyrus. I agree on all of it but I'm slightly stronger on Pete as I think 14 years is a long, long time and a fresh set of eyes and approach could be a good thing and Im willing to take that chance.
Maybe it was deleted by the poster. My apologies.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would move on from Pete. 14 years is past his expiration date. For all the reasons discussed in these walls.

I would bounce the OC/DC, and perhaps the entire core staff. I'm talking total reboot.

Grab your QBOTF with the first pick, even if it means having to trade up.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I only see one issue right now, and it's been the same issue for years. Identity.

Pete and John have failed at re-establishing the physical bully identity that they created during the SB years. Oh they've tried desperately, but very little has worked.
If you want a physical bully identity, you don't do it by prioritizing skill position players over the trenches.

LTH

Reaction score
I would move on from Pete. 14 years is past his expiration date. For all the reasons discussed in these walls.

I would bounce the OC/DC, and perhaps the entire core staff. I'm talking total reboot.

I understand that many people just think 14 years of Pete is too much. It's just gotten stale for some people.

I know that Pete is going to go soon even if the reason is because he is old..

I'm just wanted to see him go out on top. I was really hoping he would put one more killer year together. Doesnt look like it's going to happen.

I love Pete...for many different reasons for me its going to be hard when he goes... it was hard for me when Holmgren left.

I hope he finds a way to pull this season out...But most of all I hope people respect him when he does go... somehow I get the feeling the board is going to trash him...

LTH

Welshers2

Reaction score
I understand that many people just think 14 years of Pete is too much. It's just gotten stale for some people.

I'm just wanted to see him go out on top. I was really hoping he would put one more killer year together. Doesnt look like it's going to happen.

I love Pete...for many different reasons for me its going to be hard when he goes... it was hard for me when Holmgren left.

I hope he finds a way to pull this season out...But most of all I hope people respect him when he does go... somehow I get the feeling the board is going to trash him...

LTH
Pete should always be revered and loved in Seattle, no matter what happens now. He came in and won a Super Bowl. I, for one, will NEVER forget that. It's the only time in my life where a team I'm a fan of, at any sport or any level, has won a championship.

Pete also had one of the very highest winning percentages in the NFL over the course of his career in Seattle. People have soured on him, but they don't realize how good they have it. Build the man a statue, if you ask me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you want a physical bully identity, you don't do it by prioritizing skill position players over the trenches.

I agree. But that's how Pete did it before, from the back of the defense forward, and with the RB position.

So his old stubborn ass mistakenly thought he could recapture that magic again by going out and trading for two over priced safeties to be our next Kam and Earl................while the rest of the league figured out in the new era of NFL football the lines are the most important. Especially D-line, if you can't rush the passer? You're dead.

mistaowen

Reaction score
1) Offensive line simply isn't good enough and hasn't been good enough to be a successful running team. Two high draft picks on RB's who have to run 10 yards to get 3. I also don't think the run scheme does them any favors, decent amount of criticism from people smarter than me about the simplicity of it. I think the LT and RT are set for the future, injuries really impacted this year for them, but the IOL is atrocious for the most part. If they don't feel any of the QB's available in R1 or R2 are the guy for the future, I hope at least one interior OL guy gets chosen.

2) Re-structure the salary distribution of the defense. Safeties make way too much money for the level of play, money has to go into the DL. Load up the trenches.

RiverDog

Reaction score

LTH
Only as it relates to our team's success do I want to see any player or coach "go out on top". That doesn't mean that I'm unappreciative of their contributions to the best period of Seahawk football in the history of our franchise as quite the opposite is true. As much as I like and respect people like Pete, I don't "love" them. That emotion is reserved for people whom I actually know. I have no idea what Pete is like in person.

But if your definition is "getting stale" is producing a long succession of mediocre teams, then I'm in full agreement with you, at least as it applies to me.

Aircrew

Reaction score

This.

LTH

Reaction score
Only as it relates to our team's success do I want to see any player or coach "go out on top". That doesn't mean that I'm unappreciative of their contributions to the best period of Seahawk football in the history of our franchise as quite the opposite is true. As much as I like and respect people like Pete, I don't "love" them. That emotion is reserved for people whom I actually know. I have no idea what Pete is like in person.

But if your definition is "getting stale" is producing a long succession of mediocre teams, then I'm in full agreement with you, at least as it applies to me.
Wait a minute... don't get me wrong I have NOT given up on Pete. I just understand why some people feel the way they do...I don't agree with it, I just am giving people the right to feel as they do even though it's different than I feel about it.

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is an absolutely easy answer lol:

1 - Coaching - You are responsible to coach your players to execute and develop and adjust your gameplan to win a game with the talent you have on hand.
2 - Front Office - You are responsible to draft the right pieces that will gel with the team as well as fill gaps where needed and/or build a new contender
3 - Ownership - You pay the coaching and front office. If they are not doing their jobs, you are hiring the wrong people OR perhaps the path to your priority is no the same as the fans.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wait a minute... don't get me wrong I have NOT given up on Pete. I just understand why some people feel the way they do...I don't agree with it, I just am giving people the right to feel as they do even though it's different than I feel about it.

LTH
I didn't say that you had. All I did was agree with your statement that some fans, which happens to include Yours Truly, think that Pete has gotten 'stale'.

I've all but given up on Pete. I was hoping that he'd get fired last year and when that didn't happen, I've been trying to bite my tongue until we're eliminated from contention.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Exactly.

Trading for a soft, receiving tight end like Jimmy Graham who blocks like a bull fighter in exchange for a still very effective Pro Bowl center without a plan to replace him other than to yell "next man up!" is a good example of not being aligned with that physical bully identity.