Three Biggest Issues Right Now?

eo620

Reaction score
I fear that the main issue with the Hawks is the locker room..

I don't think the players hear or give a crap about what PC is preaching. Uninspired play by Adams, Diggs, and maybe even Smith or Woolen. DK's behavior concerns me. That coupled with diminishing skills (Wagner) and injuries. It feels like every game or press conference is just an excuse fest. The good players are going to want to jump ship soon. If I'm Tyler, I've invested too much time to watch this turn into a shit show.

Changes need to happen. If PC can't control his team, he needs strong coordinators. If not, he's got to go. Accountability. Very few players/coaches should be considered safe.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I keep thinking about what you are saying and I agree that there are some issues but I just don't see it to the degree that your saying and I'm looking at it.

The Niners are playing at another level. Dallas is a very good team almost but not as quite good as the Niners.

I just think the Seahawks are not as bad as what people think.

They lost a really tough one to the Rams and I have to think if Geno would have not gotten Hurt they would have won that one. But he did get hurt and they lost.vthat game hurt! No question about that.

Then the three game slide against the Niners and cowboys.

Let's see how they finish the season before we throw anybody under the buss they still have a chance to work out their issues.

That 4 game slide really threw the fan base in the toilet big time. I think it made the Hawks look worse than they are.

I really believe the Hawks are going to pull this season out. How far will they go in the playoffs IF they make the playoffs? I don't know we will just have to see what the team looks like at that time.

The one thing I know is this 4 game slide has focused Carroll kinda slapped him in the head...

Game against Philly is KEY... let's see what they look like hopefully Geno is backx I think the line is healthy for the last 2 games... walker is healthy and the D is reasonably healthy...

Try to keep your mind open cause I think it's going to be different vs Philly and beyond and if I'm wrong you can flush my ass down the toilet but I don't think I'm wrong.

LTH
In a hypothetical scenario where Cross, Lucas, Nwosu and Geno are 100% healthy all season, this team is probably two, maybe three wins better than it currently is.

In that same hypothetical scenario, Seattle is still a bottom ranked defense. This is following years of being bottom ranked. One player in Nwosu is not going to move the needle that much.

You talk about the 9ers. They've constructed an elite roster through smart drafting AND trades. Our trades and FA acquisitions have been horrible. On top of that, 9ers scheme well - something we struggle with.

Regarding the Cowboys, McCarthy's track record was not good. They hired experienced coordinators in Quinn and Shotty to do the heavy lifting. Now they are heading in the right direction. Meanwhile, our coordinators still trying to figure it out. Pete thinks he can "coach" them up. Grave miscalculation. He should have hired quality coordinators to begin with.

Pete deserves some credit for taking a "5-win" team to the playoffs last year. But the standard this season was a top 10-15 defense. This defense continues to head in the wrong direction. One healthy player would not have changed that.

LTH

Reaction score
In a hypothetical scenario where Cross, Lucas, Nwosu and Geno are 100% healthy all season, this team is probably two, maybe three wins better than it currently is.

In that same hypothetical scenario, Seattle is still a bottom ranked defense. This is following years of being bottom ranked. One player in Nwosu is not going to move the needle that much.

You talk about the 9ers. They've constructed an elite roster through smart drafting AND trades. Our trades and FA acquisitions have been horrible. On top of that, 9ers scheme well - something we struggle with.

Regarding the Cowboys, McCarthy's track record was not good. They hired experienced coordinators in Quinn and Shotty to do the heavy lifting. Now they are heading in the right direction. Meanwhile, our coordinators still trying to figure it out. Pete thinks he can "coach" them up. Grave miscalculation. He should have hired quality coordinators to begin with.

Pete deserves some credit for taking a "5-win" team to the playoffs last year. But the standard this season was a top 10-15 defense. This defense continues to head in the wrong direction. One healthy player would not have changed that.
Yeah I'm impressed with the niners for sure. This team has just taken it to a new level.

As for the Seahawks, that game they lost to the Rams may have sealed their fate. even if Seattle wins out the Rams may WIN OUT which then the Hawks won't make the playoffs.

My expectation was for the Hawks to win a game in the playoffs I still feel it's a possibility. I just think it sucks that the Rams play the Niners the last game of the season. Niners will be resting players for the play offs that sucks...

 LTH

cymatica

Reaction score
Toche'! You're right, and @LTH has my apology. I should have been more careful.

However, it doesn't change my point in that both the Niners, ranked 3rd, and the Rams, ranked 5th, have had a tougher schedule than we have, at least to this point (link dated 12/15). The schedule makers haven't "brutalized" us. It's a lame excuse.
I bet Seattle has the toughest schedule if you include travel, which starts on game 3 of the preseason
Preseason wk3: at Green Bay
Wk 2: at Detroit
Wk 4: at New York
Wk 5: at Cincinnati
Wk 8: at Baltimore

That's a lot of back n forth across the country through the first half of the schedule

calinator

Reaction score
1. Jody Allen
2. Pistol Pete
3. Clint Hurtt the 3-4 extraordinaire.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I bet Seattle has the toughest schedule if you include travel, which starts on game 3 of the preseason
Preseason wk3: at Green Bay
Wk 2: at Detroit
Wk 4: at New York
Wk 5: at Cincinnati
Wk 8: at Baltimore

That's a lot of back n forth across the country through the first half of the schedule
Due to our geography, we always lead the league in travel miles, except when you include the international series. I've always been dubious of that excuse. So what if you have an extra 30 or 60 minutes of sleep on an airliner vs. some other team? The only person that it would make a difference to would be Russell Wilson, who would have to do that many more knee highs.

The time zone change, of which there's 4 other teams in our predicament, 5 until the first weekend of November, that have to contend with it, too, would seem to be more significant than an extra hour in first class.