This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

ptisme

Reaction score
netskier":1gsv8d1h said:
bigskydoc":1gsv8d1h said:
Another thing Richardson allows us to do on those terrible 3rd and longs, that we have struggled with so much in the past, is to legitimately approach it with 3 down linemen. That should free up some additional help on those over-the-middle daggers.

This is certainly worth trying to find out if Richardson can overcome being double teamed enough to still collapse the pocket to pressure Rodgers.
I would EXPECT Seattle to rush only 3 or 4 and commit everyone else to coverage... GB needs to be able to run the ball at that point.... Bennett is almost a second RT. Keep him in to run block. Montgomery is quick and slippery, see if he can find a seem .

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Peter King is a guy whose opinion about the NFL is amongst those whom I respect the very most. He has seen A LOT of football over the course of his 34 year career and when he speaks, I tend to listen. King was on KJR 950 yesterday and at the tail end of the interview, he was asked whether or not he thought this Seahawks could march into Lambeau Field and get the win on Sunday. Here is what he had to say ...

Peter King:
“I think this is going to be a 2 minute warning game in the 4th Quarter. Here’s the reason why I really believe in this team [the Seahawks] right now, OK. It’s because I just don’t think you can block them. How are you blocking Sheldon Richardson along with everybody else? How? I don’t know how you’re doing it -- especially a flawed Green Bay line. And I think Aaron Rodgers is going to have a very difficult time keeping clean on Sunday -- and I think that’s going to be a HUGE [King’s emphasis] factor in this game.”
Source:
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/Mitc...and-20471416/episode/9-8-peter-king-28446733/

One man's opinion obviously ... but this is a guy who knows his football.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2cfj33f9 said:
Peter King is a guy whose opinion about the NFL is amongst those whom I respect the very most. He has seen A LOT of football over the course of his 34 year career and when he speaks, I tend to listen. King was on KJR 950 yesterday and at the tail end of the interview, he was asked whether or not he thought this Seahawks could march into Lambeau Field and get the win on Sunday. Here is what he had to say ...

Peter King:
“I think this is going to be a 2 minute warning game in the 4th Quarter. Here’s the reason why I really believe in this team [the Seahawks] right now, OK. It’s because I just don’t think you can block them. How are you blocking Sheldon Richardson along with everybody else? How? I don’t know how you’re doing it -- especially a flawed Green Bay line. And I think Aaron Rodgers is going to have a very difficult time keeping clean on Sunday -- and I think that’s going to be a HUGE [King’s emphasis] factor in this game.”
Source:
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/Mitc...and-20471416/episode/9-8-peter-king-28446733/

I don't disagree with that assessment...

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":38noxfeq said:

Peter King:
Source:

Sanity? Seriously you newbies.:) just seem to have no idea of what effect a Cortez Kennedy level DT has on a defense. And this defense isn't crap like when he played. To be clear Sheldon Richardson is to us what Reggie White was to Green Bay at the same juncture except he is younger and part of our new core. Book it.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":pywmef72 said:
WHOA!!! I just saw this -- take it FWIW. If this is true, it could be a real game changer ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/906738040311304192[/tweet]
I'm shocked you of all people didn't know this possibility. I'm in Missouri and knew this hours ago.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Josea16":3jvawwv8 said:
Hawkscanner":3jvawwv8 said:
WHOA!!! I just saw this -- take it FWIW. If this is true, it could be a real game changer ...

I'm shocked you of all people didn't know this possibility. I'm in Missouri and knew this hours ago.

No, no -- I KNEW this was a possibility. It's just from all the reports that I'd been hearing, it was just sounding very much the opposite like he was going to play. Looks like the Packers are going the conservative route -- resting him up and making sure they have him for the long term rather than risk this being a nagging injury that's going to plague him all season long. Wise move IMO.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Josea16":2vnwgvy9 said:
Sanity? Seriously you newbies.:) just seem to have no idea of what effect a Cortez Kennedy level DT has on a defense. And this defense isn't crap like when he played. To be clear Sheldon Richardson is to us what Reggie White was to Green Bay at the same juncture except he is younger and part of our new core. Book it.

Ugh. :roll:

Reggie White is the kind of player you build defenses and even a franchise around. He makes your entire team better, on and off the field.

Sheldon Richardson is a decent DT that you add to an already good defense. He is more of a "missing piece" type player you add when you are trying to make a SB run. Talented but he is a "me first" distraction off the field that tends to spill over into the locker room and on the field.

Except for the fact that they both wear a helmet on the football field, they are not even remotely comparable. You do a disservice to Reggie White, football legends and your own credibility when you make such vulgar assertions.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
PackerNation":74gv3snl said:
Josea16":74gv3snl said:

Ugh. :roll:

Reggie White is the kind of player you build defenses and even a franchise around. He makes your entire team better, on and off the field.

Sheldon Richardson is a decent DT that you add to an already good defense. He is more of a "missing piece" type player you add when you are trying to make a SB run. Talented but he is a "me first" distraction off the field that tends to spill over into the locker room and on the field.

Except for the fact that they both wear a helmet on the football field, they are not even remotely comparable. You do a disservice to Reggie White, football legends and your own credibility when you make such vulgar assertions.

Well, I personally won't go THAT far yet in calling Richardson Reggie White. I was a huge Reggie White fan -- one of the most dominant linemen that I have ever seen (probably THE most). A true game changer. So, no -- I won't go THAT far until I see Richardson with my own eyes and what he looks like on the football field in this defense.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1l3ygb7h said:

Murphy will have to fill in because Spriggs isn't ready. Assuming, of course, that Nagler is correct. Bulaga was limited in practice so it could be true. Remember that we started Don Barclay at RT and it had zero affect on our OL.... Don Barclay is one of the worst lineman to ever play in Green Bay. Stunned, he is even on our roster. Another "WTF is Ted thinking" move.

They did move Barclay to Center though where he is playing better. He is on IR right now. Murphy will have to step it up and we'll have to find ways to keep your DL guessing. Rodgers can be very elusive and hard to sack.

Game Day! In case I forget to tell you: Thanks for the great discussion and good luck today. Win or lose, it's just 1 game. The NFL is an endurance test, not a sprint. Should be a great season for both of our teams. Unless we lose Rodgers, then we are screwed. :)

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":17yh7p6v said:

If that's true it's going to be a VERY long day for the Packers offense and will put enormous pressure on the packers defense to keep the game close.... Changing my pick: Seahawks by seven.

ptisme

Reaction score
Josea16":x2udl42i said:
Hawkscanner":x2udl42i said:

Peter King:
Source:

Unlike White he'll be a douche in your locker room. He also takes plays off unlike White. He is talented but... He's not half the man Reggie White was.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":woeacoym said:
Josea16":woeacoym said:
Hawkscanner":woeacoym said:

No, no -- I KNEW this was a possibility. It's just from all the reports that I'd been hearing, it was just sounding very much the opposite like he was going to play. Looks like the Packers are going the conservative route -- resting him up and making sure they have him for the long term rather than risk this being a nagging injury that's going to plague him all season long. Wise move IMO.
OR... It's a friggin' high ankle sprain which lingers for months...

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":2ui9hyuk said:
Hawkscanner":2ui9hyuk said:

Murphy will have to fill in because Spriggs isn't ready. Assuming, of course, that Nagler is correct. Bulaga was limited in practice so it could be true. Remember that we started Don Barclay at RT and it had zero affect on our OL.... Don Barclay is one of the worst lineman to ever play in Green Bay. Stunned, he is even on our roster. Another "WTF is Ted thinking" move.

They did move Barclay to Center though where he is playing better. He is on IR right now. Murphy will have to step it up and we'll have to find ways to keep your DL guessing. Rodgers can be very elusive and hard to sack.

Game Day! In case I forget to tell you: Thanks for the great discussion and good luck today. Win or lose, it's just 1 game. The NFL is an endurance test, not a sprint. Should be a great season for both of our teams. Unless we lose Rodgers, then we are screwed. :)
Little bit of a difference between (having a good camp) and having to face Michael Bennett in a regular season game... Thank God this game isn't in the Clink....

bigskydoc

Reaction score
ptisme":16rsk7ln said:
Thank God this game isn't in the Clink....

We may yet get that chance this season, and this may well be the game that decides it. Like you, this changes my prediction to Seahawks by 7

chris98251

Reaction score
Reggie White is a Hall of Famer, we will see where Sheldon's career takes him, however he was brought in for the same reasons and could have the same effect. Packers butt hurt over a simple comparison tells me your scared shitless.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
chris98251":21hxq1fi said:
Reggie White is a Hall of Famer, we will see where Sheldon's career takes him, however he was brought in for the same reasons and could have the same effect. Packers butt hurt over a simple comparison tells me your scared shitless.

[Roland] Their scared shitless what? [/Roland]

ptisme

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1tl2j1fe said:
ptisme":1tl2j1fe said:
Thank God this game isn't in the Clink....

We may yet get that chance this season, and this may well be the game that decides it. Like you, this changes my prediction to Seahawks by 7
How teams play in week one matters little.. BUT, while how these teams play doesn't matter, the results DO matter... Whoever wins this determines where we could meet in a few months... Just once could these teams meet at full health on both sides?????

ptisme

Reaction score
chris98251":3h3cbnwr said:
Very few things scare me shitless... Certainly the result of a football game is one of them that is well below my "scared shitless" radar.... Reggie White was arguably the greatest defensive lineman to ever play the game... Comparing him to a turd of a human is just stupid....