This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2pfe9ce2 said:
I don't think the game hinges on Rodgers scanning the field, it hinges on Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks.

Rodgers is a special talent. We can talk all day about his accuracy, his mobility, his leadership, but when the rubber meets the road, what really differentiates him from other QBs is his post-snap read. In that split second between the snap, and his first or second step, I think Rodgers reads and diagnoses defenses better than any other QB I have ever seen play.

However, Seattle takes this advantage away. They line up and show you exactly what they are going to do. In terms of pre and post snap reads, every QB is Aaron Rodgers. Beating Seattle, isn't about the reads, it's about the execution.

Teams have proven, time and time again, that the Seattle defense's kryptonite is that tight end attack over the middle. The blueprint was laid out by Frank Reich, and executed to perfection by Rivers and Gates. It has been copied successfully ever since. Even Brady/ Belichick used it in the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the primary reason the Packers went out and secured this tight end tandem, but I do think it had some influence.

Even if we get pressure up the gut, Rodgers can dissect us by dinking and dunking across the middle.

I think the game comes down to this, and, Unless Richard/ Carroll have figured out an answer to the tight end conundrum, I think the Packers come away with the win

13-6 Packers.

You are exactly right Doc -- what you're describing there HAS been a major weakness of the Seahawks Defense for several years now. Those intermediate, over the middle zones HAVE been Seattle's kryptonite -- especially against Tight Ends.

The other real true weakness (that again Brady and Belichick just pummeled us with OVER ... and OVER again against us in Super Bowl XLIX) have been those quick, jitterbug slot receivers (again, right in those same exact intermediate zones). Gronk was 1 issue YES ... but it was Julian Edelman whom the Hawks flat out had no answers for in that Super Bowl after Jeremy Lane went down. There simply wasn't anyone who was quick enough to deal with him. So, teams who have those kind of guys and use them in that way ... have been a real pain in the butt. I'll contend that Edelman was a major reason why Tyler Lockett ended up being drafted the next year -- because Schneider and company recognized the real value in having that kind of a slot receiver and how much damage they could do.

All of that brings me to the personnel decisions that have been made THIS offseason. I will contend that Seattle's historic weakness against TE's (right over the middle) is exactly why the Hawks targeted and brought in Bradley McDougald. They have been extremely excited on him and have talked about the fact that they plan to use him. All this talk about speed (this emphasis on it) has led me (and others) to conclude that they are planning on running a bit of 4-2-5 Defense this year. Our own Rob Staton is one who has concluded the exact same thing.

And it makes a lot of sense of what we've heard and all the personnel moves that have been made this offseason. Take LB out ... insert McDougald in ... and voila!! You've also seen Seattle target and land quicker slot CB's as well -- Justin Coleman, for example. We've heard a lot about this "Cheetah" package that we understand is designed for speed to the ball, so would obviously include Seattle's quicker players.

So, I believe all of that is an attempt by Seattle to counter those weaknesses that have been very apparent (and exploited by other teams) for the past few years. I'm betting that we'll see several new things this Sunday. Will it end up working? [Shrug] Who knows? That remains to be seen. The one thing I DO know this -- I've seen over time that (if you give him time to prepare) Pete Carroll is one who is pretty good at coming up with a fairly effective game plan to take away an opponent's strengths. Should be interesting.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3130qn6x said:
bigskydoc":3130qn6x said:
I don't think the game hinges on Rodgers scanning the field, it hinges on Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks.

Rodgers is a special talent. We can talk all day about his accuracy, his mobility, his leadership, but when the rubber meets the road, what really differentiates him from other QBs is his post-snap read. In that split second between the snap, and his first or second step, I think Rodgers reads and diagnoses defenses better than any other QB I have ever seen play.

However, Seattle takes this advantage away. They line up and show you exactly what they are going to do. In terms of pre and post snap reads, every QB is Aaron Rodgers. Beating Seattle, isn't about the reads, it's about the execution.

Teams have proven, time and time again, that the Seattle defense's kryptonite is that tight end attack over the middle. The blueprint was laid out by Frank Reich, and executed to perfection by Rivers and Gates. It has been copied successfully ever since. Even Brady/ Belichick used it in the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the primary reason the Packers went out and secured this tight end tandem, but I do think it had some influence.

Even if we get pressure up the gut, Rodgers can dissect us by dinking and dunking across the middle.

I think the game comes down to this, and, Unless Richard/ Carroll have figured out an answer to the tight end conundrum, I think the Packers come away with the win

13-6 Packers.

You are exactly right Doc -- what you're describing there HAS been a major weakness of the Seahawks Defense for several years now. Those intermediate, over the middle zones HAVE been Seattle's kryptonite -- especially against Tight Ends.

The other real true weakness (that again Brady and Belichick just pummeled us with OVER ... and OVER again against us in Super Bowl XLIX) have been those quick, jitterbug slot receivers (again, right in those same exact intermediate zones). Gronk was 1 issue YES ... but it was Julian Edelman whom the Hawks flat out had no answers for in that Super Bowl after Jeremy Lane went down. There simply wasn't anyone who was quick enough to deal with him. So, teams who have those kind of guys and use them in that way ... have been a real pain in the butt. I'll contend that Edelman was a major reason why Tyler Lockett ended up being drafted the next year -- because Schneider and company recognized the real value in having that kind of a slot receiver and how much damage they could do.

All of that brings me to the personnel decisions that have been made THIS offseason. I will contend that Seattle's historic weakness against TE's (right over the middle) is exactly why the Hawks targeted and brought in Bradley McDougald. They have been extremely excited on him and have talked about the fact that they plan to use him. All this talk about speed (this emphasis on it) has led me (and others) to conclude that they are planning on running a bit of 4-2-5 Defense this year. Our own Rob Staton is one who has concluded the exact same thing.

And it makes a lot of sense of what we've heard and all the personnel moves that have been made this offseason. Take LB out ... insert McDougald in ... and voila!! You've also seen Seattle target and land quicker slot CB's as well -- Justin Coleman, for example. We've heard a lot about this "Cheetah" package that we understand is designed for speed to the ball, so would obviously include Seattle's quicker players.

So, I believe all of that is an attempt by Seattle to counter those weaknesses that have been very apparent (and exploited by other teams) for the past few years. I'm betting that we'll see several new things this Sunday. Will it end up working? [Shrug] Who knows? That remains to be seen. The one thing I DO know this -- I've seen over time that (if you give him time to prepare) Pete Carroll is one who is pretty good at coming up with a fairly effective game plan to take away an opponent's strengths. Should be interesting.
It'll come down to half time adjustments... McCarthy has the weapons at TE, WR and now Montgomery at RB that they could play any game they want, depending on the defense.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2g5wp9sm said:
I DO personally think that the Seahawks have the team to go into Lambeau and pull off the upset. I’m predicting that’s going to happen. Will it? Who knows? I can’t wait for this weekend to find out.

Not so sure I would classify a Seattle win as an upset. A great defense will always keep you in the game and Seattle really has a great defense. From my end, it still comes down to how well Rodgers can pick it apart with his arm. He has weapons. Will he have time to throw? Will they execute.

I am looking forward to seeing this match up as well. Thank God football is back. The offseason is just too long. :)

RCATES

Reaction score
I like Hawks in these type's of games. All the pressure is on GB being there home opener to start the season. We typically struggle on 10 am starts on the east coast where this is a afternoon game. GB needed 5 turnovers last year from Seattle to win that game which is very rare for a PC type team. If Seahawks can play a clean game and not have more then 2 turnovers they should have no problem winning this game. Seattle is the more balanced team (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... rojections) and have improved on both sides of the ball from last year. I think people will be surprised how good this offense can and will be with a healthy RW and a much improved running game (Lacy, Rawls,Prosise and Carson). GB's O-line is not as dominant as it was in the past losing 3 key members in the last 2 years and without a hard-nose runner they have become all finesse which should allow a healthy Seattle D make them one-dimensional. This could spell trouble for Rodger and company against Hawks elite front 7. ET being back and the addition of Richardson will make the difference this time around.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the Hawks this amped going into week 1 since the 13' team. It wouldn't surprise me to see several turnovers in favor of Seattle in the first half due to their disruptive defense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
ptisme":1bl74d0o said:
Hawkscanner":1bl74d0o said:
bigskydoc":1bl74d0o said:
13-6 Packers.
So, I believe all of that is an attempt by Seattle to counter those weaknesses that have been very apparent (and exploited by other teams) for the past few years. I'm betting that we'll see several new things this Sunday. Will it end up working? [Shrug] Who knows? That remains to be seen.
It'll come down to half time adjustments... McCarthy has the weapons at TE, WR and now Montgomery at RB that they could play any game they want, depending on the defense.

Great thoughts from both of you gents, and nice to see ptisme back. Always appreciate your thoughts and analysis.

While I'll stick by my prediction of 13-6 Packers, I see this going one of two ways. A tight, low scoring game (mostly due to an ineffective, slow starting Seahawks offense combined with a smothering, but worn out, defense), or a relative Seahawks blowout. I don't see the Pack putting up more than 24 points on us, and likely it will be closer to the 13-17 range. If our offense is clicking on all cylinders, I can see us putting up anywhere from 21-31 points.

Perhaps blowout is the wrong term, but to me, the Seahawks winning by a solid 10-14 points over the Packers is a relative blowout.

:irishdrinkers: To an injury free game

ptisme

Reaction score
RCATES":wfhaftad said:
I like Hawks in these type's of games. All the pressure is on GB being there home opener to start the season. We typically struggle on 10 am starts on the east coast where this is a afternoon game. GB needed 5 turnovers last year from Seattle to win that game which is very rare for a PC type team. If Seahawks can play a clean game and not have more then 2 turnovers they should have no problem winning this game. Seattle is the more balanced team (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... rojections) and have improved on both sides of the ball from last year. I think people will be surprised how good this offense can and will be with a healthy RW and a much improved running game (Lacy, Rawls,Prosise and Carson). GB's O-line is not as dominant as it was in the past losing 3 key members in the last 2 years and without a hard-nose runner they have become all finesse which should allow a healthy Seattle D make them one-dimensional. This could spell trouble for Rodger and company against Hawks elite front 7. ET being back and the addition of Richardson will make the difference this time around.
Spoken like a true Homer:)

ptisme

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1t2tcz37 said:
ptisme":1t2tcz37 said:
Hawkscanner":1t2tcz37 said:
bigskydoc":1t2tcz37 said:
13-6 Packers.
So, I believe all of that is an attempt by Seattle to counter those weaknesses that have been very apparent (and exploited by other teams) for the past few years. I'm betting that we'll see several new things this Sunday. Will it end up working? [Shrug] Who knows? That remains to be seen.

Great thoughts from both of you gents, and nice to see ptisme back. Always appreciate your thoughts and analysis.

While I'll stick by my prediction of 13-6 Packers, I see this going one of two ways. A tight, low scoring game (mostly due to an ineffective, slow starting Seahawks offense combined with a smothering, but worn out, defense), or a relative Seahawks blowout. I don't see the Pack putting up more than 24 points on us, and likely it will be closer to the 13-17 range. If our offense is clicking on all cylinders, I can see us putting up anywhere from 21-31 points.

Perhaps blowout is the wrong term, but to me, the Seahawks winning by a solid 10-14 points over the Packers is a relative blowout.

:irishdrinkers: To an injury free game
Thanks for the kind words.... If it's a blowout I would probably say Seattles on top... That defense isn't going to let a game get out of hand... Last year was a blowout only because of the turnovers... Here's to a healthy game for both clubs and let's not get too hammered before the ball is even kicked off:)
:irishdrinkers:

RCATES

Reaction score
ptisme":23v97itf said:
RCATES":23v97itf said:
Spoken like a true Homer:)

Solid Argument :2thumbs:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
ptisme":127ei3yn said:
Last year was a blowout only because of the turnovers... Here's to a healthy game for both clubs and let's not get too hammered before the ball is even kicked off:)

and injuries. The loss of Thomas, destroyed our defense, and left it vulnerable to Rodgers strength. Obviously, significant injuries to any of our super stars change my prediction radically.

RCATES

Reaction score
bigskydoc":186i08yb said:
ptisme":186i08yb said:
Last year was a blowout only because of the turnovers... Here's to a healthy game for both clubs and let's not get too hammered before the ball is even kicked off:)

and injuries. The loss of Thomas, destroyed our defense, and left it vulnerable to Rodgers strength. Obviously, significant injuries to any of our super stars change my prediction radically.

Apparently Sherman was hurt the second part of last year as well. We all know Chancellor wasn't himself. Having ET out just opened up too many things for their offense last year. I still think our single biggest issue last year was interior pressure on the d-line. Teams like GB would double-up and focus on keeping Avril and Mike B to the outside. With a monster like Richardson now in the middle needing a double-team I expect MB, Avril and Clark to have big years.

chris98251

Reaction score
ptisme":31s88zuv said:
chris98251":31s88zuv said:
ptisme":31s88zuv said:

We will see, practice with Kid Gloves on him versus a game with Boxing Gloves on will be a lot different.
He's an offensive lineman, not a defensive back. And he practiced without a brace.

Yeah but not having to support a full assault of 300 pounders and getting caught in the wash and having guys roll under you like a game is different on a gimpy ankle.

ptisme

Reaction score
RCATES":2gfmj603 said:
bigskydoc":2gfmj603 said:
ptisme":2gfmj603 said:

Apparently Sherman was hurt the second part of last year as well. We all know Chancellor wasn't himself. Having ET out just opened up too many things for their offense last year. I still think our single biggest issue last year was interior pressure on the d-line. Teams like GB would double-up and focus on keeping Avril and Mike B to the outside. With a monster like Richardson now in the middle needing a double-team I expect MB, Avril and Clark to have big years.
Here's what I would do:
I don't think your fourth CB can hang with our fourth WR. I'd go four wides and one TE (Bennett). Get you out of your 4-3 and remove a talented person from that front seven. I'd put Rodgers in the shotgun and get rid of it before your Dline can get to their secondary pass rushing move.... Or go three wides, a TE and Montgomery (converted WR) out of the backfield. Either way I'd attack the middle of the field and when you take that away I'd start running go routes with Devante Adams (on Jeremy Lane) and Jordy Nelson...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":3h186e1i said:
RCATES":3h186e1i said:
bigskydoc":3h186e1i said:
ptisme":3h186e1i said:

Here's what I would do:
I don't think your fourth CB can hang with our fourth WR. I'd go four wides and one TE (Bennett). Get you out of your 4-3 and remove a talented person from that front seven. I'd put Rodgers in the shotgun and get rid of it before your Dline can get to their secondary pass rushing move.... Or go three wides, a TE and Montgomery (converted WR) out of the backfield. Either way I'd attack the middle of the field and when you take that away I'd start running go routes with Devante Adams (on Jeremy Lane) and Jordy Nelson...

Well first of all, I know how the official depth chart reads (as I just verified this on the Seahawks.com and other sites) and that it says that Jeremy Lane is going to be the starting RCB. BUT ... from my standpoint, what I've seen, heard, etc. -- my understanding is that rookie Shaq Griffin won that spot. Flat out. Now, I'm sure someone's going to rush to tell me I'm wrong on this one (and perhaps I am) ... but that's my understanding is that Shaq Griffin is going to be the guy starting opposite Sherman.

I would say that's a pretty solid plan that you're laying out overall ... but one thing I would add is that with the addition of Sheldon Richardson especially, it changes the equation a bit, as (in theory on paper) the Hawks now have the ability to generate consistent pressure with JUST the Front 4 Down Linemen. Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, and Jarran Reed are a handful for any defense.

And they have an extremely deep group there that they can keep rotating in D-Linemen and really not miss a beat in terms of pressure. Frank Clark is a beast in his own right (he had 10 sacks last season). Naz Jones (the rookie out of North Carolina) has looked really good this season. He looks like he could be a force there at the 3 Tech himself. David Bass (the free agent signing out of Oakland) really opened some eyes during the Preseason as well.

So, I would say I don't think that this group (in general) is going to NEED to commit LB's, Safeties, and CB's to blitz on a consistent basis in order to generate pressure. The way this looks to be stacking up, I honestly think opposing linemen are going to have their hands plenty full just dealing with the Front 4 of Seattle.

Last year, MLB Bobby Wagner was one that they committed to blitzing off and on in order to apply pressure in order to make up for the lack of consistent interior pass pressure. This year, I envision the Hawks being able to drop Wagner and the rest of those quick LB's back into coverage for the most part. That alone should help to mitigate some of the issues this team has had with those holes that have existed in years past in those middle/intermediate zones.

Again, I also cannot stress enough how much Earl Thomas being out in Week 14 last year impacted that game. We're talking about an All Pro Safety that (when it's all said and done) will IMO be a sure fire Hall of Famer. Many people in the know will tell you that Earl Thomas is THE KEY to that Seahawks Defense that really makes it go. He is the cog that makes that engine go ... and makes them able to do what they do ...

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/long-...omas-the-key-to-the-seahawks-cover-3-defense/

Thomas is finally back healthy and looking like his old self. He is going to playing that deep CF, with the express focus of trying to take away those deep go routes to guys like Jordy Nelson and Devante Adams. And he's been extremely good at taking away those deep shots throughout this career, as the Seahawks (since he's been in Seattle) have ranked in the upper echelon in terms of fewest explosive plays allowed.

So, I'm not saying that Rodgers and the Packers won't make plays and score points. They most certainly will. I just contend that THIS time around, scoring is going to be a MUCH tougher task than it was in Week 14 last year against a fairly beat up Seahawks defense at that time.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1rg42qje said:
ptisme":1rg42qje said:
RCATES":1rg42qje said:
bigskydoc":1rg42qje said:

Here's what I would do:

Well first of all, I know how the official depth chart reads (as I just verified this on the Seahawks.com and other sites) and that it says that Jeremy Lane is going to be the starting RCB. BUT ... from my standpoint, what I've seen, heard, etc. -- my understanding is that rookie Shaq Griffin won that spot. Flat out. Now, I'm sure someone's going to rush to tell me I'm wrong on this one (and perhaps I am) ... but that's my understanding is that Shaq Griffin is going to be the guy starting opposite Sherman.

I would say that's a pretty solid plan that you're laying out overall ... but one thing I would add is that with the addition of Sheldon Richardson especially, it changes the equation a bit, as (in theory on paper) the Hawks now have the ability to generate consistent pressure with JUST the Front 4 Down Linemen. Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, and Jarran Reed are a handful for any defense.

And they have an extremely deep group there that they can keep rotating in D-Linemen and really not miss a beat in terms of pressure. Frank Clark is a beast in his own right (he had 10 sacks last season). Naz Jones (the rookie out of North Carolina) has looked really good this season. He looks like he could be a force there at the 3 Tech himself. David Bass (the free agent signing out of Oakland) really opened some eyes during the Preseason as well.

So, I would say I don't think that this group (in general) is going to NEED to commit LB's, Safeties, and CB's to blitz on a consistent basis in order to generate pressure. The way this looks to be stacking up, I honestly think opposing linemen are going to have their hands plenty full just dealing with the Front 4 of Seattle.

Last year, MLB Bobby Wagner was one that they committed to blitzing off and on in order to apply pressure in order to make up for the lack of consistent interior pass pressure. This year, I envision the Hawks being able to drop Wagner and the rest of those quick LB's back into coverage for the most part. That alone should help to mitigate some of the issues this team has had with those holes that have existed in years past in those middle/intermediate zones.

Again, I also cannot stress enough how much Earl Thomas being out in Week 14 last year impacted that game. We're talking about an All Pro Safety that (when it's all said and done) will IMO be a sure fire Hall of Famer. Many people in the know will tell you that Earl Thomas is THE KEY to that Seahawks Defense that really makes it go. He is the cog that makes that engine go ... and makes them able to do what they do ...

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/long-...omas-the-key-to-the-seahawks-cover-3-defense/

Thomas is finally back healthy and looking like his old self. He is going to playing that deep CF, with the express focus of trying to take away those deep go routes to guys like Jordy Nelson and Devante Adams. And he's been extremely good at taking away those deep shots throughout this career, as the Seahawks (since he's been in Seattle) have ranked in the upper echelon in terms of fewest explosive plays allowed.

So, I'm not saying that Rodgers and the Packers won't make plays and score points. They most certainly will. I just contend that THIS time around, scoring is going to be a MUCH tougher task than it was in Week 14 last year against a fairly beat up Seahawks defense at that time.
That's the cat and mouse. If Thomas plays deep CF you attack the short to intermediate field. Get the ball out quick. This packer line isn't the same one you pass rushed against in 2013. I like my chances with Cobb and Adams on a guy playing in his first start. Doing this we don't have to block you for 5-7 seconds. Rodgers can get the ball out in under two seconds. Doesn't matter how good your line is.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1bgrb61b said:
ptisme":1bgrb61b said:
adeltaY":1bgrb61b said:
RolandDeschain":1bgrb61b said:
Sooooo you believe your starting O-line is the best in the league. Alrighty.

That's not exactly what he meant, but I'd actually say they were the best pass protecting line in the league last year. Check out highlights against us and the Giants, both of whom boast great DL, and you'll see how great they were. The main change is Evans for Lang. Even with a small dropoff, it'll still be at least a top 5 unit in pass pro.

I think what PT was getting at is that not only is the line excellent, Rodgers is a master at manipulating the rush with his movements in the pocket. He's really in sync with his OL and they help each other out in pass pro. Also, Rodgers is pretty mobile outside the pocket, similar to Russ.

Note that they aren't at the same level in run blocking. They're still good, but not elite like they are in pass blocking. I think run blocking is the area where the loss of the Lang/Sitton combo hurts them the most.
This. And they aren't elite run blocking. In fact I don't see them opening many holes Sunday. Now if Bulaga is out or can't finish the game it's going to get ugly real quick.

Take this FWIW (in other words, it could be a pretty small grain of salt), but Aaron Nagler (who was a guest on Real Hawk Talk [see my previous post above] ) said that he honestly felt that Bulaga is going to miss this game. From the reports he's hearing, his chances of playing on Sunday aren't too promising. So, if Bulaga doesn't play, I think that could be a significant factor.

The other real key factor IMO is the addition of Sheldon Richardson. Honestly, the Seahawks have not had an interior pass rusher quite like this probably since the days of Cortez Kennedy. He is a dominant force inside, as he is just able to cause so much disruption, mess up blocking schemes, and put pressure on QB's right up the gut. For as great as this Seahawks defense has been, that's the one true piece that's been missing. They have been looking for that guy and they may have just found him.

Part of what makes Aaron Rodgers so great and so deadly is Rodgers' mobility. Green Bay's sacks allowed in many ways are going to mirror Seattle's because Rodgers is a lot like Russell Wilson in that he's deadliest on the run. He likes to get outside the pocket and create on the fly. Now with the addition of Richardson, I'm wondering how that affects this game, as he is going to be facing a "Death Row" (Michael Bennett's new name he's coined for their D-Line) of Richardson, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Frank Clark, and a host of other pretty good pass rushers. I'm wondering if Richardson's addition is going to end up messing up a lot of what Rodgers likes to do because he and that group are just go danged fast and disruptive. I dunno. Just thinking out loud here. We'll see.

Rodgers likes the outside, but against the Hawks he's always slipping the outside pressure by stepping up, and why not, he

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":38jgqt7d said:
That's the cat and mouse. If Thomas plays deep CF you attack the short to intermediate field. Get the ball out quick. This packer line isn't the same one you pass rushed against in 2013. I like my chances with Cobb and Adams on a guy playing in his first start. Doing this we don't have to block you for 5-7 seconds. Rodgers can get the ball out in under two seconds. Doesn't matter how good your line is.

Yeah, I know that about Rodgers and his quick release -- have seen it consistently for years now. The flip side of the equation will also true against the Packers Defense, as on average, Russell Wilson is also getting the ball out quick as well (on average, his snap to release was about 2.37 seconds last year -- in the top 10 fastest among all QB's).

I don't know that I'd agree that "it doesn't matter how good the Seahawks D-line is" ... but that's why they play the games. We shall see I guess. Again, let's mutually agree to root for there to be no significant injuries for either of our teams.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
What? They are still making Lacy Fat Jokes over there. That's as outdated as the comments from them and some ESPN commentators I have heard about the horrible O-Line of Seattle.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2bqvniz2 said:
ptisme":2bqvniz2 said:

Yeah, I know that about Rodgers and his quick release -- have seen it consistently for years now. The flip side of the equation will also true against the Packers Defense, as on average, Russell Wilson is also getting the ball out quick as well (on average, his snap to release was about 2.37 seconds last year -- in the top 10 fastest among all QB's).

I don't know that I'd agree that "it doesn't matter how good the Seahawks D-line is" ... but that's why they play the games. We shall see I guess. Again, let's mutually agree to root for there to be no significant injuries for either of our teams.
:2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Your not going top get to isolate Griffin, you try to go 5 wide and it will be Kam, Earl, Shaq, Lane, McDougal, Sherman and Coleman. Well at least for a few series or till one of them catches a ball, it's the first game and these guys have been dying to unleash the hounds on guys. Not sure or know as much about Coleman but everyone else in that secondary Hits and tackles. After the first crossing route or pass their heads are going to worried about what's coming that they can't see.

Latest posts