This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

LolaRox

Reaction score
Seahawks have a chance if

1. They can run the ball successfully
2. Russ doesn't give away the football like he's Oprah giving away cars... :?
3. Sherm's groin/thigh is ok
4. They can limit the penalties (get off the field when substituting especially since you know Aaron is waiting to catch you, darn it :x )

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Another thing Richardson allows us to do on those terrible 3rd and longs, that we have struggled with so much in the past, is to legitimately approach it with 3 down linemen. That should free up some additional help on those over-the-middle daggers.

ptisme

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2nmdpp06 said:
Another thing Richardson allows us to do on those terrible 3rd and longs, that we have struggled with so much in the past, is to legitimately approach it with 3 down linemen. That should free up some additional help on those over-the-middle daggers.
That's what I would do if I were the Seahawks

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":2qvzo0ii said:
bigskydoc":2qvzo0ii said:
That's what I would do if I were the Seahawks

That WOULD be a pretty innovative approach ... and I wouldn't put it past Kris Richard to try something like that.

In theory in that scenario, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, and Michael Bennett (I think) would be your 3 Down Linemen (which honestly, are still enough of a handful) ... with maybe a Frank Clark or even a David Bass (both of whom are pretty darned fast for linemen) dropping into short zone coverage.

Hmmm. It's definitely an idea for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if we see some variation of that kind of approach. Perhaps this Cheetah package that we've heard whispers about is something like that and designed for scenarios just like that.

Far more unknowns than knowns when it comes to the 2017 Seahawks Defense at this point. It'll be interesting to see the game this Sunday and see what they choose to roll out there.

Foghawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3t7f2zk5 said:

This is an excellent point bigsky, and one that I don't think I've seen mentioned on the board regarding the SR signing.

:2thumbs:

PackerNation

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3kx0wppu said:

If Seattle can rush 3 and get pressure, yes, Green Bay will find it very difficult to move the ball. Especially if they can disguise it well and mix in the blitz, etc.

As I recall, KC tried that on NE last night and it didn't work out to well in the early going, so they switched to a four man (mostly, they still mixed things up) rush and did better. That and their run defense, especially on short yardage, was pretty good. I thought the Pats would blow them out. Just goes to show you, you never really know until the game is underway.

I went back and looked at the game from last year (week 14). I forgot how lopsided it was. Wilson needs to do a better job this time of not handing us the football. Your defense was pretty nicked up as well. They will play better. Much better.

I'll go out on a limb and say the biggest issue for your defense will be Ty Montgomery. He'll be coming out of the backfield all day long and will be a mismatch for you to cover. Especially with our WR corp and our TE's. I hope I'm wrong. I am it's Jordy Nelson catching TD's all day on whoever is covering him. :)

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":3tg9xtpo said:
bigskydoc":3tg9xtpo said:

If Seattle can rush 3 and get pressure, yes, Green Bay will find it very difficult to move the ball. Especially if they can disguise it well and mix in the blitz, etc.

As I recall, KC tried that on NE last night and it didn't work out to well in the early going, so they switched to a four man (mostly, they still mixed things up) rush and did better. That and their run defense, especially on short yardage, was pretty good. I thought the Pats would blow them out. Just goes to show you, you never really know until the game is underway.

I went back and looked at the game from last year (week 14). I forgot how lopsided it was. Wilson needs to do a better job this time of not handing us the football. Your defense was pretty nicked up as well. They will play better. Much better.

I'll go out on a limb and say the biggest issue for your defense will be Ty Montgomery. He'll be coming out of the backfield all day long and will be a mismatch for you to cover. Especially with our WR corp and our TE's. I hope I'm wrong. I am it's Jordy Nelson catching TD's all day on whoever is covering him. :)
Brady didn't have the weapons last night that Rodgers will have Sunday IMHO.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I can't see Green Bay scoring a point, much less winning this game. They have no defense or run game, and their special teams looks sub-par at best.

49-0 Seahawks.

ptisme

Reaction score
I think this game is a pick em'. I think it will come down to the last play of the game and whoever has the ball. I normally subscribe to great defense beats out great offense... On a neutral field... I can't bet against this quarterback at Lambeau Field... 27-24 Pack....

PackerNation

Reaction score
ptisme":1fccs28p said:
PackerNation":1fccs28p said:

Agreed. Best WR corp in the NFL. + 2 excellent TE's that can catch passes and block. However, is Seattle the best defense in the NFL? Is Sherman still shutdown? Can we stop their pass rush? Has Thomas lost a step? Will Richardson give them the push they need?

It's a classic matchup of the best offense in the NFL vs. the best defense in the NFL.

Or am I being too kind to Seattle? How good is that defense??

We'll find out soon.

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":2yg8xzbb said:
ptisme":2yg8xzbb said:
PackerNation":2yg8xzbb said:

Agreed. Best WR corp in the NFL. + 2 excellent TE's that can catch passes and block. However, is Seattle the best defense in the NFL? Is Sherman still shutdown? Can we stop their pass rush? Has Thomas lost a step? Will Richardson give them the push they need?

It's a classic matchup of the best offense in the NFL vs. the best defense in the NFL.

We'll find out soon.
This defense has the kind of guys that can cover what we have and still pressure the quarterback... But i think our defense can also stop their offense... I think the game will come down to turnovers and I have to believe Rodgers makes one more play than Wilson...

Josea16

Reaction score
PackerNation":2q309ytt said:
ptisme":2q309ytt said:
PackerNation":2q309ytt said:

We'll find out soon.
Let me help you...
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

All things being equal you better believe Green Bay hates that this game is scheduled when it is because defense is typically further along then offense early in the season. Also elite defense always trumps elite offense.

The only reason why they may win is because it's at Lambeau but after that Kansas City smackdown against New England I'm not so sure that the location of this game will matter.

ptisme

Reaction score
Josea16":btzkz90i said:
PackerNation":btzkz90i said:
ptisme":btzkz90i said:
PackerNation":btzkz90i said:

We'll find out soon.
Let me help you...
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

All things being equal you better believe Green Bay hates that this game is scheduled when it is because defense is typically further along then offense early in the season. Also elite defense always trumps elite offense.

The only reason why they may win is because it's at Lambeau but after that Kansas City smackdown against New England I'm not so sure that the location of this game will matter.
Or, The other way to look at it is this: Thank God we play Seattle the first game rather than half way through the season when half the team always seems to be on the injured list...
Different circumstances the other night: It was a great defense playing on the road against a great offense but.... Edelman and Gronk work off each other. Now Brady has no Edelman and then Amendola went down. In a game where KC was scoring at will, the Pats didn't have the fire power to keep up. Much of that game lies on the NE defense.

In this case Rodgers has more than enough fire power. He's much more capable of moving from pressure at this point than Brady... I think the big unknown is how this revamped Packer defense fares against Seattle's revamped offensive line...

chris98251

Reaction score
ptisme":2azdiz18 said:
Josea16":2azdiz18 said:
PackerNation":2azdiz18 said:

We'll find out soon.
Let me help you...
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

Or, The other way to look at it is this: Thank God we play Seattle the first game rather than half way through the season when half the team always seems to be on the injured list...
Different circumstances the other night: It was a great defense playing on the road against a great offense but.... Edelman and Gronk work off each other. Now Brady has no Edelman and then Amendola went down. In a game where KC was scoring at will, the Pats didn't have the fire power to keep up. Much of that game lies on the NE defense.

In this case Rodgers has more than enough fire power. He's much more capable of moving from pressure at this point than Brady... I think the big unknown is how this revamped Packer defense fares against Seattle's revamped offensive line...

NE fell apart when Hightower got hurt and no pressure at all on Smith, Smith does not have a cannon for an arm but can filet a defense apart underneath and short with time using a butter knife. That was the issue in NE, then the defense tried to defend the pass and Hunt took them to the cleaners.

netskier

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2x9n29u2 said:

This is certainly worth trying to find out if Richardson can overcome being double teamed enough to still collapse the pocket to pressure Rodgers.