This is not Bevell!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/653386075793068032[/tweet]
For those that don't think Bevell's offense is simplistic and predictable.

gmor

Reaction score
bellingerga":t9710tcl said:
The ridiculous amount of stupid posts like these are kind of what spoiled this site for me.
But you're still here. What's you point?

gmor

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2lijra2b said:
Shut up . How can he throw it he doesnt even have time to make a read before he gets pressured and needs to scramble.
Usually there's a hot, intermediate and maybe a long route progressions going on pass plays. Makes me wonder if he's processing all of this properly or just takes off too early.

jake206

Reaction score
Instead of blaming Bevell, how about creditting Bengals defense. Sometimes you go up against a good opponent. Give them their due and move on.

marko358

Reaction score
jake206":we46vo9f said:
Instead of blaming Bevell, how about creditting Bengals defense. Sometimes you go up against a good opponent. Give them their due and move on.

Our offense has sucked all year. Near the very bottom of the NFL in TDs.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This was 100% on Bevell.

Just like the game before that we still magically won.

And the other losses before that.

2 times in 2 separate games we get the ball in OT with a chance to put the game away with a TD. We cannot even get a FG.

The offense is a laughingstock, almost a joke. And that is one the OC that is too stupid to do his job correctly.

We have a great young QB with some rough edges but some abilities that few defenses can answer. Our choice is instead to use him in a way that minimizes those abilities and squanders drives. We also appear to just give up on 3rd and longs, calling low reward draw plays and short screens that have little chance at success.

And we cannot convert 3rd and shorts with regularity, or even reasonable %. Again, that is on the OC.

I get that we have some gaps/challenges, but when the greatest obstacle to victory is not the other team but someone on your own sideline? Not sure that is going to end well.

At some point, the defense is going to get tired of bailing out this offense and getting blamed for its failures. Then it is going to get even harder, because right now the defense is the only thing saving our team from being repeatedly blown out.

These are the kind of circumstances where teams implode.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3cejs1wn said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/653386075793068032[/tweet]
For those that don't think Bevell's offense is simplistic and predictable.

This is pretty telling. I think Brock has a great eye for the game as a former player and broadcaster. I think highly of his thoughts regarding football. This is a little disturbing.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Like Brock said, running our routes...

PLLHxK8.gif

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":2x5ehtzr said:

Kearse should be running that route underneath for that coverage.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Rocket":3urm4fin said:
Tech Worlds":3urm4fin said:
I haven't blamed bevell in the past but now I am. He needs to go
See. He knows. He's wise.
Darrell Bubble sucks Jimmy's plane.
run, run, shortpass... run, run, shortpass... run, run, shortpass.
Will it ever end? It's like listening to the Fox news late night assholes.
( not politics, just a comparison )
Run run short pass is it.. hit the nail on the head.. so many times today i said we should play action on 2nd down after a nice 1st down run for 7-9 from rawls.. yet predictably he runs it again.. it seemed to me like he started trying to run the clock beginning early in the 2nd half..

Beyond that.. our clock management at the end of halves is so terrible.. i was yelling at the tv when the bengals were clearly working the clock hoping for a final score without giving us any time.. russ is usually pretty good on the 2 min drill cuz he gets to take control of the play calls.. but lets just play it safe.

Even at the end of the game pete comes off stupid in his press conference.. oh they kicked a fg to tie with 1 sec left.. no they had plenty of time.. there actually shoulda been a kickoff as that fg went through with 2 seconds left.. but why dont we realize our defense isnt stopping them in the 4th quarter so we need to leave a little time on the clock as they are trying to run it down and playing for ot.. same thing happened at the end of the lions game.. when it becomes clear they are in striking distance and theres not a lot that can go wrong to give them an advantage beyond holding and pi to give them more plays down there.. stop the clock so we can get a rebuttal if they do score.

As one analyst pointed out last week.. our passing game is so remedial by design its no surprise it consistantly lacks open wrs.. the route schemes are just so basic.. we have far too many weapons on this offense even with a spotty o line (which was one of the highlights of the day) why not setup lockett for some screens.. or use bj daniels ability to throw the ball.. or the monstrous te that runs and catches like a wr.. or your slot receiver who is in all likelihood one of the best route runners at that spot in the league and has pretty damn good hands.. instead we get screens to kearse... lobs to lockett instead of letting him fly n throwing it out there for him to catch up to.. we have one of the best throwing qbs on the run.. and yet i see the bengals attacking us with what should be one of our best weapons.. DESIGNED ROLLOUTS!!!!

So while other players were also to blame today.. kam for giving up 2 tds.. carry williams getting beat all over the field.. russ missing lockett on what shoulda been a go ahead td running free behind the defense..

Quite simply bevell doesnt put the offense in a position to excell on a regular enough basis and when he gets ahead he becomes as quoted initially.. run run pass punt.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Chawker":31of9hf2 said:
Its hard to put the blame on one individual when playing a team sport, Bevell was the villain after the superbowl and the offensive line has had its share of the criticism early this season. Wilson.....ok, if it makes you feel better.
I will say this, one thing that does trouble me about Wilson. In a interview (I think it was his rookie season) he said, that he wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line. Now if thats not a glory seeker I don't who is. I can't blame him for losing 3 4th quarter leads this season. But, who ever is responsible for them (the whole team) needs to fix it pronto!
Cheers

Really, you want a quarterback who doesn't want the ball in their hands at the end of the game? Do you want a quarterback that hides behind backup olineman on the bench when things get tough? A glory seeker? please. He has confidence in himself which is a lot better than not.

djb28

Reaction score
bellingerga":717w5cw3 said:
The ridiculous amount of stupid posts like these are kind of what spoiled this site for me.

The stupid posts didn't start until after we won the Super Bowl and new people signed up. I look at the site on game day and evening now. It is too painful in between.

Laloosh

Reaction score
mrt144":3quf9oa6 said:
Laloosh":3quf9oa6 said:

Would make for a pretty easy 1st down if he did. No way the corner can jump it from there. The nickel might have a play on it but only if he comes off of Doug.

chris98251

Reaction score
djb28":30prs42p said:
bellingerga":30prs42p said:

The stupid posts didn't start until after we won the Super Bowl and new people signed up. I look at the site on game day and evening now. It is too painful in between.

Stupid posts have been around since internet forums were created.

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":klsr7c39 said:
mrt144":klsr7c39 said:
Laloosh":klsr7c39 said:

Would make for a pretty easy 1st down if he did. No way the corner can jump it from there. The nickel might have a play on it but only if he comes off of Doug.

In the NFL, how often do you see a WR recognize coverage, adjust the route right off the bat - same idea but cut shorter or initiating lateral movement earlier. I'd genuinely be interested in exhaustive research into route improv related to experience in the league.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Laloosh":vmdd3dyc said:

PLLHxK8.gif
That is the play where Russ audibled, and then the Cincy player got his whole team into a correct defence based on our alignment, IIRC.
The formation was a tell, and Cincy knew the play. No doubt they spotted on previous occasions where in a similar situation we made a similar audible.

There was no failure to execute on offense there. Watch the RDE on the Bengals, he knows the passing lane and jumps up to block the lane to Graham. Watch Graham, his guy sits on the route and undercuts it.

Remember when Sherman picked off the Texans QB in a similar situation? Seattle knew the play they would go with based on critical situation and alignment. Just like the Bengals, it told them where to blitz and how to cover. Tendencies.

Good play on the D. Bad call on the O.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This will just devolve in to a circular argument, but I simply don't agree with "nothing to the right." Jimmy is in front of his defender there. That's 6'7 Jimmy Graham in front of his defender on a 4 yard curl route. Jimmy can wall him off there. He's in single coverage on a LB after Lockett clears out, for crying out loud. If you're not going to throw it to him there, why is he even on the team?

Latest posts