the timeout that cost us the Lombardi

OlympicDreams

Reaction score
We would have taken SF, and likely the AFC. Why Carroll...this is likely the one call that hurt thus region more than any call you will ever make again.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
How about laying the blame where it belongs, on the two long receptions that led to the FG.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't think Bryant kicked all the way through, so the fact he missed the practice doesn't mean much to me. Not taking the FG at the end of the first half knaws at me though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3ks2261g said:
I don't think Bryant kicked all the way through, so the fact he missed the practice doesn't mean much to me. Not taking the FG at the end of the first half knaws at me though.

My feelings exactly. Bryant half-assed it with the play blown dead. I wouldn't have called the TO though. Not calling It would have caused more conflict in the kicker as he surely anticipated it being called. Great effort today, as usual. We will be back.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
Lots of hindsight is obvious in a close game. With Pete you're going to get a few on-the-field misfires. It's just what he does--and sometimes it works out.