The Seahawks Are NOT Trading Down in the 1st This Year

nwHawk

Reaction score
Everyone knows we want to trade down, so I hope we don't get fleeced.

WR is a bigger need than we want to admit. Consider how last year's unit performed with and without Baldwin. If Baldwin slows down or misses time we have to have pass catching options.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't care what positions we draft. Just draft good players that will win us the Super Bowl.

endzorn

Reaction score
ivotuk":3qq9avxb said:
I'm going with DK Metcalf, 4.3 speed, Noah Fant, or Nasir Adderly. I know Nasir isn't ranked that high, but I think he's better than he's ranked.

I think they realize they screwed up picking Bruce Irvin and letting Fletcher Cox go, so I don't think they'll be making those kinds of mistakes again.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nasir-add ... 2eac396ce9

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/noah-fant ... 7e36dbc0d7

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootba ... dk-metcalf
To each their own, but I’d be pissed off if they draft any of those three with their first pick. Trade back and give me Darnell Savage, Parris Campbell or Jerry Tillery.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
they are 100% trading down. They need more picks. trading down for more picks is a proven winner. The smart teams are doing it more and more.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm warming up a lot to Jeffrey Simmons, who could wreck havoc on this defense. I assume we're trading down, but I hope we don't do it just to do it if there is a premiere talent like Simmons on the board.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Trade down...and I agree, Darnell Savage in the mid/late rounds is someone I would LOVE on our defense.

I'd also like Carl Granderson and/or Maxx Crosby late.

Trade back in the first, BPA, and hopefully add a WR in the first two rounds.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I still see them trading down. However, if Clellin Ferrell or Jerry Tillery fall to them I think it might be too much to pass up. Those are my two dudes...both game changers on the DL.

I know many have cooled from Ferrell for some reason, but the guy is an absolute stud and high character guy/leader.

Tillery against Stanford might have been the most dominant DL performance I have seen in years. He just screams Seahawk...he is what they wanted McDowell to be (but with a head on his shoulders).

Atradees

Reaction score
The Hawks are gonna trade down and they are not selecting a TE or Wideout in the first three rounds of the draft.

They feel they are deep at TE, RB and wide receiver. Think undrafted free agents like Doug Baldwin. A first round WR on the Hawks would be so angry getting 40 to 45 targets.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Keeping both 1st round picks would be a shocker to me. Trading one and keeping one is more in line with how a believe the Hawks think. But trading both 1st round picks would not surprise me at all. Some desperate teams may make offers that John and Pete can't pass up.

sutz

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2n7zkreo said:
Keeping both 1st round picks would be a shocker to me. Trading one and keeping one is more in line with how a believe the Hawks think. But trading both 1st round picks would not surprise me at all. Some desperate teams may make offers that John and Pete can't pass up.
This. Fans tend to overvalue the importance of single players, while JS and PC like to stock up on multiple players and bring out their best through competition. It seems to work.

If we can parlay these 2 firsts into 5-6 2d/3d day picks, I could take it.

Latest posts