THE HOTTEST TEAM IN BASEBALL

Welshers2

Reaction score
I asked if this was the year. I'll ask again. 11 of the last 12 and the hottest team in baseball. They can legitimately beat anyone in the AL right now. This could be THE YEAR

Mix

Reaction score
Mariners are a traditionally second half team it feels like.

Team is built on depth. While other teams need rest and have drop offs in play, we seem to have guys lately that just step right in when called upon.

Having what is shaping up to be the best pitching staff we have ever had is also a boon to our chances this year and over the next few years.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Mariners are a traditionally second half team it feels like.

Team is built on depth. While other teams need rest and have drop offs in play, we seem to have guys lately that just step right in when called upon.

Having what is shaping up to be the best pitching staff we have ever had is also a boon to our chances this year and over the next few years.
They didn't used to be. In '02 and '03, we built huge early leads only to be caught in August. Kinda like we're doing to Texas this year.

sutz

Reaction score
They didn't used to be. In '02 and '03, we built huge early leads only to be caught in August. Kinda like we're doing to Texas this year.
Funny how that works out, eh? It's why I wasn't worried in June about our standings. What goes around come around. For all of our woes in the first half, we never lost more than 4 in a row, and we always bounced back so that we were never more than a couple of games off of .500 and stayed set up to take advantage of any run we might have, like lately.

No guarantees, though. 30+ games to go so they have to maintain. Gotta like that they don't quit though. They fight til the end in games, let's see them do that for the season.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's so great to actually have THREE teams that I'm excited about now, the M's, the Hawks, and the Huskies. All three are looking good and going to provide some real entertainment and fun for me and other local and otherwise fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's so great to actually have THREE teams that I'm excited about now, the M's, the Hawks, and the Huskies. All three are looking good and going to provide some real entertainment and fun for me and other local and otherwise fans.
You spelled Kraken wrong. 😎

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I mean this is not the same team at all. One was 20 years ago. Different coaches and players. You go off past 3 yrs. Thats what u go off of.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
At the beginning of the season I had high expectations and was super disappointed with how we came out of the gate flat.

Shaping up to be a damn fine season though. One for the ages.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it wrong of me as a casual, bandwagon fan of the M's to be nervous if this wonderful ride the M's is on is just not another case of...

CharlieBrown

Seriously not trying to pee in anyone's pancakes. Fair question.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are in a zone. I gave up fighting it. They are for real. After being average at best before July 1. Now they are one of the best teams in the league, period. Enjoy the ride, if they don't make it, so be it. This is a blast.

mmmm, crow. nom nom nom

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Is it wrong of me as a casual, bandwagon fan of the M's to be nervous if this wonderful ride the M's is on is just not another case of...

View attachment 60385

Seriously not trying to pee in anyone's pancakes. Fair question.
No I think we all feel the same way deep down. At least I do. Year after year of disappointment for so many years leads to this I think. Even last year, when we finally got the playoff monkey off our back, we choked in epic manner to the astros after leading every game late. But still, I do think this is the best they've looked since that magic Griffey team that made the ALCS and set the win record. I really think this is THE best team since then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Choked in epic manner? Not at all. Played them head to head, toe to toe all 3 games. They won the damn world series. Nobody played them as tough as the M's did.
Servais cost them game 1, period. And I know it's taboo to say anything negative about Servais, but that was pathetic. It changed the entire series.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Choked in epic manner? Not at all. Played them head to head, toe to toe all 3 games. They won the damn world series. Nobody played them as tough as the M's did.
Servais cost them game 1, period. And I know it's taboo to say anything negative about Servais, but that was pathetic. It changed the entire series.
Game 1 was an absolutely epic choke man. They really could have won that series. Two outs and two strikes from taking game one. And you throw a fastball he can hit out of the park. We agree to disagree, I think it was a bad choke SoulfishHawk!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Game 1, yep. That was on Servais. Putting in a guy who never closed in his entire life. And, who had been absolutely owned by the Cheatstro's. He had other options waiting. It cost them the game, and maybe the series. Win Game 1 and you are guaranteed two home games.
Scott doesn't get a pass from me. That was EPIC STUPID to put in that guy when the game was on the line. And I guarantee I'm not the only one who said game over when he came out of the bullpen. Not even close.