THE HOTTEST TEAM IN BASEBALL

bileever

Reaction score
32 games left to play, so still a ways to go, but I like how we're trending. Rangers are in free-fall, having lost 9 out of their last 10. Astros are struggling, they've only won 4 of their last 10. Both the Astros and Rangers have big pitching issues, which is hard to overcome at this time of year.

17 of our last 32 are against teams fighting for the playoffs. The Astros' schedule is similar. The Rangers probably have the easiest schedule, but that doesn't seem to be helping them. But I think that no matter how you dice it, it's going to come down to the last ten games, all against the Astros and Rangers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rangers cooling off in August has been going on for several years. It's like clockwork, and it's beautiful.
The final 7-10 games need to be approached as playoff games. And I suspect the M's and the fans are going to be ready.

Threedee

Reaction score
Rangers cooling off in August has been going on for several years. It's like clockwork, and it's beautiful.
The final 7-10 games need to be approached as playoff games. And I suspect the M's and the fans are going to be ready.
The most important test will be the Dodgers series. If the Mariners win the AL, they would most likely be facing one from among the Dodgers/Braves/Brewers/Phillies.

sutz

Reaction score
I was loving on the Julio quote from yesterday, I think. Don't have a link, but basically he was asked if the Mariners were "hot" right now. His answer (paraphrased a bit) was, "We're not "hot." We're just playing our normal game right now."

Gotta love the confidence. :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, that was awesome. He also grabbed the mic from Jen Meuller and talked to the crowd. Total team leader at 22 years old. That kid is impressive.
Esp. for "not even top 25 in the league"