Martin "the Mouth" Maldonado

ivotuk

Reaction score
---I read somewhere today that they think the pitcher hit Caballero on purpose. Why? Read article written May 11 below.

Houston Astros catcher Martin Maldonado faces flak for starting dustup against Seattle Mariners

Jose Caballero took exception to what was said to him by Martin Maldonado on the back of a "quick pitch". The two got right into each other, exchanging pleasantries at home plate. The animosity between the two teams was very clear for everyone to see.

“I told him to get the [expletive] back in the box,” Maldonado told Houston reporters after the game.

---This isn't Maldonado's only run in, this is from July 27.

What did Martín Maldonado say to Marcus Semien? Rangers star reveals the reason behind the bench-clearing brawl

Rangers outfielder Adolis Garcia smashed a grand slam.

following which Marcus Semien, who scored from it, engaged in a verbal argument with Astros catcher Martin Maldonado.

“I told him, when they hit the home run, said we're gonna win this game. Maldonado said "Nah, it's just like when you were in Oakland."

Prior to that, Semien was hit by a pitch that he did not quite like.

What followed was the two players, Maldonado of the Houston Astros and Semien of the Texas Rangers, getting ejected from the game by the umpires.

Martin Maldonado of the Houston Astros has struggled this season. In 235 at-bats, he has registered only eight home runs and 18 RBIs with a .170 batting average.

(One twitter/X user responded "When Maldonado's batting average gets up near his weight, then he can start talking")

---
But we get the last laugh "yuk, yuk, yuk!" as Maldonado was crying "It was like a slap in the face!" Yeah fool! First Julio, then Caballero bitch-slapped you!"

---Apparently msn.com isn't that impressed, saying 'it happens,' as if it was some random happening. Hello...8 and 2 foo'! "yuk, yuk, yuk!"

The Houston Astros were swept at home in a weekend series against Seattle. It happens.

The Mariners are among the hottest teams in all of baseball, as Kevin Henry noted in this week's MLB Power Rankings:

"While all eyes are on what Julio Rodriguez is doing at the plate, Teoscar Hernandez is also on fire. On Saturday, he went 3-for-5 with a pair of doubles and RBI, recording his fifth game with three or more hits in the month of August. Through his first 16 games in August, Hernandez was batting .371 with eight doubles, two home runs and seven RBI, while reaching base at a .394 clip and slugging .597 with a .991 OPS."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This Maldonado sure does a lot of yapping for someone who is hitting below the Mendoza line. Reminds me of those little chihuahua's that are proficient at barking but take off running with their tail between their legs once you take a step toward them.

Echawks

Reaction score
you cannot pay a catcher who gets under players skin enough.. when i used to go to bat pissed about what the catcher was saying i would always screw up trying to shut him up