The "experts" make their picks for Seahawks vs Broncos

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I remember a picture on .NET from years ago. It was a picture of the Bronco being hoisted on the new stadium and it was being lifted with a rope around the neck. The title was Hangem High. I wish I would have saved it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seattle always struggles early in the year defensively and we are young on the outside. I'm assuming Denver will attack this and win by 10. Maybe the staff has some tricks up their collective sleeves and know enough about Wilson to slow him down. It just feels like Wilsons's strengths with hitting receivers who get over the top against young players is a tough task. Will be interesting. I think Denver wins easily though and Seattle gets trounced.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think the Hawks D is going to give Russ fits, he has rarely played well against 3-4's with two high safeties.

But I also don't think Geno's going to be able to do anything against Denver's D, which is very good and aggressive. So if I had to bet right now? I'd say this is a 20-10 Broncos type of game.

BUT, if there's a game you want this game to be, it's the first game where our roster is healthy and we have an edge with new D no one's seen, so no film.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Agree Largent,

I think it is a close game. So close I think a bad penalty screws us.
But nobody is lapping anybody at this one.
Russ will come in with a team he hardly knows, will try too hard, and probably overswing a bit. Lots of 3 and outs coming and failed drives are likely for him.

Pete will run the ball, sit on it, and we will get long drives that likely end in FGs. That is going to frustrate the hell out of Russ and he is going to try to prove something anyway. Lots of swings and misses, more passes than runs from the Broncs - and that will probably end in failed drives.
He probably won't have his timing w his WRs down or be completely on the same page with them this early in the season.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Broncos will be 17-0, but lose to Buffalo in the AFC Championship game. What you guys don't get, is that The Icon is actually 6'4". He just looked, and played like 5'6" because he was carrying this team all by himself.

-- And that question earlier about him telling the Broncos how our offense works??? He doesn't know. His answer would be "same as Denver's, I can't see anyone inside the hashes nor the running back in the flat. I run around and throw ball deep. Oh, and thanks for the money."

Okay, sarcasm off, the wide disparity in predictions is they don't know what we are. They shouldn't yet. I don't. I think the defense will be excellent by the end of the season, but not necessarily opening night. The run game with be a road grader, but again, not early. I am not a Geno fan, at all. I think he can manage a game okay, but will always find a way to choke a game away. Fumble, interception, sack taken, something....

We will find out if we can be enough of what we are, to cover up for what we aren't.

Mase

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Being that it is my lady's birthday and her first game with me in my seats, I would love nothing more than a fantastic win to start off the season and finish her birthday right. The 12's should be in full throat and I do believe it will be close-ish. A lot of players will be giving full effort on both sides but ultimately I see it being 24-17 Donkies or something to that effect. Consider that my preliminary rough draft Fearless Prediction.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I hope Seattle wins. But Ill keep expectations low and within reason. And... not drink lol.

On a side note.. why do the mariners and seahawks contrast each other? Like.. Have they ever both been good at the same time? Or has it felt like its always when one's succeeding the othes sucking. This year the Mariners might break a playoff drought... and last yr seahawks missed the playoffs..

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Are the Mariners good?
They are better than normal, maybe better than any time in the past 20 years, but they aren't exactly threatening to win the division.

chris98251

Reaction score
Being that it is my lady's birthday and her first game with me in my seats, I would love nothing more than a fantastic win to start off the season and finish her birthday right. The 12's should be in full throat and I do believe it will be close-ish. A lot of players will be giving full effort on both sides but ultimately I see it being 24-17 Donkies or something to that effect. Consider that my preliminary rough draft Fearless Prediction.

You already won if she likes Football. the Seahawks, and wants to go to games ! Oh and I wouldn't sell us short, the motivation is going to be strong and Pete knows Wilsons flaws like no other. Wilson is going to want to showcase himself to make a point. Airing it out plenty, that will really fall into our strengths, defense. If our run game is what we think it is based on pre season Wilson will have limited time and push or try to down field with a deep ball.

My only big issue is our own turnovers and damage caused to ourselves.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
That's one more than what Geno has thrown for, so far this season.
Lmao he actually ran for 1 so I’ll cut him some slack until after week one. I want to see Geno climb the pocket and utilize our weapons against the donkeys

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson's people know that the AFC-W will be brutally tough to win as they will all beat each other up, so going from 4th in the Division to 1st won't be easy. So coming to deal now while he's still held in good stead by the team and hasn't been recent RW is probably smarter than not doing so, besides he's guaranteed $175 million. Needless to say he won't be worried much about money again, ever.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I don't see the Seahawks getting blown out in a lot of games this year. They'll have a top-notch running game and (I think) a better-than-advertised defense. They'll likely lose a lot of games, but they'll be grind-it-out affairs.
Agree. I think we'll lose a lot of 24-14 games, and finish a "respectable" 4-13. That's the plan anyway.

Chawker

Reaction score
We can't beat ourselves with turnovers and pre snap penaltys, I sure hope that they have coached this defense good. Pete, will handle russ and the 12's will shake him to a new level of "O'crap" I'm in Seattle, with a fire up bunch on defense russ will be "squiding" off the field with brown cleats.

But, all the tumbles must align for victory to be ours.

Cheers

Latest posts