The Athletic QB Rankings

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How do you think he does with a fresh start in Denver? I am fascinated by the whole situation because people are so split on this. It's going to be fun to watch either way
I think the same things that led to him being traded are going to happen
again in Denver.
Besides that he is in decline,the body and legs are going.
It's what made him and it's what is going to break him.

W

Welshers

Does everyone still think we should roll with these guys? Don't get me wrong i will cheer for them but it's bleak

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I hope we get Jimmy g when hes cut. He will be more entertaining and stoke up rivalries. Emphasis on entertaining

fullquartpress

Reaction score
#34 of 35: Drew Lock

#35 of 35: Geno Smith

Yes. The athletic had a group of NFL insiders rate 35 NFL QBs. The two ranked the lowest were the two who who play for the Seahawks.

Wilson was ranked #8 BTW... we will see about that.

You forgot #17, Jacob Eason.

Fade

Reaction score
I hope we get Jimmy g when hes cut. He will be more entertaining and stoke up rivalries. Emphasis on entertaining
The rivalry angle makes sense. But Jimmy doesn't have the arm, or the acuman to take care of the football well enough for the Seahawks to be truly interested.

Drew Lock, I don't think will ever be good, but his physical skillset is what they are looking for, and that's why he was part of the trade. Big arm and mobile. Jimmy G doesn't possess these things. I could see Pete making an exception if he was amazing at not turning the ball over. But he isn't good at that either.

Shanny made Jimmy. He is going to be much worse on another team. If Jimmy were any good they wouldn't be replacing him.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Shanny made Jimmy. He is going to be much worse on another team. If Jimmy were any good they wouldn't be replacing him.
They both landed with the 49ers around the same time. It could be argued that Jimmy made Shanny. Wasn't he 5-0 in his first 5 starts with SF? That's some Anthony Robbins level insta-coaching right there.
The answer will come within the next month, but; how has this Trey Lance performed under Shanny so far?

I hope Jimmy lands with the Seahawks, unless of course his injuries are more severe then they're letting on, in which case, time to put ol' Jimmy out to pasture. .

Rosco

Reaction score
They both landed with the 49ers around the same time. It could be argued that Jimmy made Shanny. Wasn't he 5-0 in his first 5 starts with SF? That's some Anthony Robbins level insta-coaching right there.
The answer will come within the next month, but; how has this Trey Lance performed under Shanny so far?

I hope Jimmy lands with the Seahawks, unless of course his injuries are more severe then they're letting on, in which case, time to put ol' Jimmy out to pasture. .
Shanahan is one of the best coaches in the NFL. A 3rd of the NFL runs his offense. Jimmy is a product of his system.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Shanahan is one of the best coaches in the NFL. A 3rd of the NFL runs his offense. Jimmy is a product of his system.
Shanahan has a career losing record as a head coach. Jimmy G has a career winning record, and by a lot.

Rosco

Reaction score
Shanahan has a career losing record as a head coach. Jimmy G has a career winning record, and by a lot.
Outside of a short stint as a back up with the patriots Jimmy G has only ever played with Shanahan. Jimmy G has a career winning record cause of Shanahan.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Geno scored a 73.4 on PFF for his 2021 season, similar to JimmyG at 74.9. Frankly, if Geno can play a whole season at similar prowess as his 2021, we are A OK.

Geno: 2021 - 3.5 games - 95 attempts , 702 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 73.4 PFF
Geno: 2022 - 17 games - 461 attempts, 3409 yards, 24 TDS, 5 INT.

Jimmy: 2021 - ?? games - 441 attempts, 3806 yards, 20 TDs, 12 INT.

Plus, our running game ought to be better than 2021, if we could play at same level as the last 5 games of 2021. Of course, can Geno last 17 games? Can our OC counter with plays once the opposing DCs had the opportunity to study Geno?

Geno played 3.5 games in 2021, he keep us in with the Rams, won the Jacksonville game, could have won one more game if the kicker didn't miss TWO field goals.

OK you can call me a homer, dreamers, but hey, I am positive about our 2022 season.

Last edited:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It's all speculation at this point. They could be right. They could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's hard to argue how they ranked Geno and Lock. If anything, they're being generous to Lock by putting him in Tier 4.

Here's my ranking:

Tier 1

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen

Tier 2

Hebert, Burrow, R. Wilson, Stafford, Watson, Ryan, M. Jones, Cousins, Watson.

Tier 3

Jackson, Murray, Carr, Prescott, Wentz, Mayfield, Lawrence, D. Jones, Goff, Mariota, Jimmy G., Tua, Tannehill.

Tier 4

Fields, Z. Wilson, Darnold, Turbisky, Mills, Winston.

Tier 5

Geno, Lock, Lance

Rosco

Reaction score
It's hard to argue how they ranked Geno and Lock. If anything, they're being generous to Lock by putting him in Tier 4.

Here's my ranking:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Jackson, Murray, Carr, Prescott, Wentz, Mayfield, Lawrence, D. Jones, Goff, Mariota, Jimmy G., Tua, Tannehill.

Tier 4

Tier 5

Geno, Lock, Lance
I can see why you’re a fan and not a GM in the NFL.

toffee

Reaction score

Here's my ranking:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 5

Geno, Lock, Lance
Geno scored a 73.4 on PFF for his 2021 season, similar to JimmyG at 74.9. Frankly, if Geno can play a whole season at similar prowess as his 2021, we are A OK.

Geno: 2021 - 3.5 games - 95 attempts , 702 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 73.4 PFF
Geno: 2022 - 17 games - 461 attempts, 3409 yards, 24 TDS, 5 INT.

Jimmy: 2021 - ?? games - 441 attempts, 3806 yards, 20 TDs, 12 INT.

Plus, our running game ought to be better than 2021, if we could play at same level as the last 5 games of 2021. Of course, can Geno last 17 games? Can our OC counter with plays once the opposing DCs had the opportunity to study Geno?

Geno played 3.5 games in 2021, he keep us in with the Rams, won the Jacksonville game, could have won one more game if the kicker didn't miss TWO field goals.

OK you can call me a homer, dreamers, but hey, I am positive about our 2022 season.