The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":5deaccno said:
Yeah, Toronto losing to Baltimore was actually probably better for us. Now we have two teams that we can catch up to.

Sweeping the As would mean that we just need a series loss from one of them. Winning three of four from the As means one of them would have to get swept. Basically, keep winning, and we have a decent shot at getting game 163 out of the season.

I think you forgot about Detroit. We would need them to lose at least one of their final games, unless both Baltimore and Toronto lose at least 2 out of 3.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So what happens if we tie with Toronto, Baltimore and Detroit? Or a three way tie?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ubjed7z said:
So what happens if we tie with Toronto, Baltimore and Detroit? Or a three way tie?

In short, multiple tiebreaker games. All would count as regular season.

Don't quote me on this, but I've read that in the event of a 3 way tie for the 2nd berth, Sea would play the winner of Det-Balt at Seattle. The winner would be the 2nd wildcard.

4 way tie would be really wild, albeit unlikely.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
^^^ thanks for the info West TX Hawk.

Detroit already smacking Atlanta. Up 3-0 early. Boston out to an early 1-0 lead over Toronto, and the Baltimore game is scoreless. Some pretty bad weather on the eastcoast, hopefully they can finish them tonight.

raisethe3

Reaction score
So Detroit needs to lose 1 more game. Toronto and Baltimore needs to lose 2 more games. Wow, long shot.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ugh not looking good for us so far. Detroit is going to win. Baltimore is going to win. Boston still up 1-0 against Toronto.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2krjqcua said:
Ugh not looking good for us so far. Detroit is going to win. Baltimore is going to win. Boston still up 1-0 against Toronto.

Not looking good at all. That's the problem with leaving it up to other teams than taking it for yourself. They had plenty of opportunities down the stretch to make up ground and failed. And it seemed the games we lost, the teams we were chasing lost as well, kinda keeping us all close. Just a bummer again. Gonna miss the wild card by a game or two depending on the next two games. Have to wait another year. Ugh....

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wow how huge was that series in Toronto? I mean Seattle

Please Atlanta just win once

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":2h1q1zdl said:
Wow how huge was that series in Toronto? I mean Seattle

Please Atlanta just win once

They also play Cleveland on Monday because yesterday's game got rained out. Lets just hope Cleveland has something to play for by then. Unfortunately, Yanks are shutting down Tanaka, so he won't even start tomorrow against Baltimore. I don't see Baltimore losing their last two games, so at this point, yeah, we need to hope for another Toronto loss and at least one more Detroit loss which I think will happen. I'm confident in us sweeping Oakland.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Wild Card Teams GB

Baltimore 88 72 W3
Toronto 87 73 L3
Detroit 86 73 - 0.5 W3
Seattle 86 74 -1.0 W3

Ok guys it's really getting interesting now. Another great win tonight to stay alive and just 1 game back of Toronto. If the M's win both of their final games and Detroit and Toronto lose 1 game, M's would force a tiebreaker game. Baltimore need not be considered at all under that scenario.

Detroit has 3 games left so maybe Cleveland can beat them on Monday. While it's possible the M's could lose 1, that would require Toronto to lose both of their final 2 games and Detroit losing twice. It's also possible Baltimore could drop their final 2 and everything could get bizarre, but no matter what, Seattle has to take care of business Sat and Sun. Their elimination number is 2, so if they lose once and Toronto wins, M's are eliminated. Iwakuma on the hill tomorrow.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Toronto is done...think there is a real problem in the locker room...too many egos I suppose. Hoping the M's get in over the Tigers.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree with Cyrus, I don't like Toronto's chances at all.

I think today is the best chance Detroit has at dropping a game. Jordan Zimmerman is pitching for them, he's been pretty bad all year, and is making his first start since injuring himself a few weeks ago. Verlander most likely pitches for Detroit tomorrow. Although Atlanta does send their ace, Tehran, to the mound tomorrow. Unfortunately I think the game on Monday might be useless for Cleveland. At this point, we need to be rooting for Cleveland everyday, so that Monday game will be meaningful.

Very slim chance Baltimore drops their last two games, but take it one game at a time I guess. On a good note, Miley starts tonight. Too bad Yanks shutdown Tanaka.

Happ pitches for Toronto against Rodriguez who has been horrible this year. Tomorrow is a matchup of aces, Price vs Sanchez.

Get it done today Iwakuma. Why couldn't we play like this all year? Just noticed, we send King Felix to the mound on Sunday. Normally I'd feel great about him in a spot like this, but not this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2p46r1ws said:
Yankees up 7-3 on the Orioles in the bottom of the 8th.

Edit: It's now a final, 7-3 Yankees.

Boston already up 2-0 early on Toronto!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Atlanta beats Detroit!

Need Boston to rally.

Ugh A's just scored. Kuma needs to find a way to get out of this inning without giving up anymore runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.