Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I have nothing against Swift at all, and the fake nudes of her posted on Twitter were tasteless and rude.

However, I do get annoyed when they show her. And what really annoys me is how people subtly try to claim that anyone who dislikes this attention she's getting is sexist. Come on, now. For me, it's just as irritating as showing Jack Nicholson on the sidelines at Lakers games over and over. I bitched about that for years, back when I watched the NBA.

Who cares. It's just a person. There is nothing more noteworthy about them over anyone else in the crowd. They aren't making music or acting, just watching the game. Why do we need to see that? The obsession with celebrities in this country is odd.
I get it. And yes. Our obsessions are due to our weak little fragile egos.

I get more upset when they pick up a flag after a called penalty and don’t show the review.

Threedee

Reaction score
I get it. And yes. Our obsessions are due to our weak little fragile egos.

I get more upset when they pick up a flag after a called penalty and don’t show the review.
Yes, I prefer Swift in lingerie over a football field covered in laundry.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Taylor Swift coverage = more swifty fans watching the NFL = more revenue for the NFL.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
More talk about Taylor here than on my facebook feed,w hich is every other feed.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Taylor is bigger than the NFL...with out Taylor, Jason is just another retiring football player, without Taylor, Kelce is just another great TE... With Taylor, they are now WW celebrities so to speak.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yeah, I remember reading of an incident a few years back when Patrick Mahomes and his GF were in a restaurant in the KC area to have dinner and no one approached him for an autograph or handshake. Mahomes was so impressed with their courtesy that he bought everyone's dinner for them.
That's pretty fly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm annoyed with how much she's cut to during games and discussed. It's excessive. It's not sexist, though that's a really popular stance a lot of people are taking right now. I'd still be annoyed with it if it was one of my favorite male musicians. I watch football for football, not commercials or celebrity worship.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm annoyed with how much she's cut to during games and discussed. It's excessive. It's not sexist, though that's a really popular stance a lot of people are taking right now. I'd still be annoyed with it if it was one of my favorite male musicians. I watch football for football, not commercials or celebrity worship.
Like all 5 seconds shut up and do your at home internet tech job.
I'm fully annoyed by guys like you so are we even?
I'm fully angry I can't work in my underwear while protecting misogynistic men like you.

Some of us (First Responders etc) actually don't have the option to work from home. And worse you are saying this hatred and jealously on a Taylor Swift thread? Do you see me EVER mention Taylor on a football thread? Didn't think so but I'm done with assholes blaming her for the NFL showing her when Travis makes a good play or whenever nothing is actually happening.

How about the Seahawk's get actual OC/DC and run something not junior high? Give the NFL something real to talk about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.