Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
To be somewhat serious for a moment, I think what a lot of people don't like is how much people seem to care about celebrity gossip. It's been a thing since forever. We all see the magazines at the checkout stand saying who's dating who and it's like what the hell is wrong with people who actually care about this sort of thing.

So now you have NFL broadcasts playing into it too. They know that so many Americans are interested in celebrity gossip. Things that are none of their business.

So that's kind of where I come from. I'm not trying to add to the gossip, rather I'm just complaining about it. People who are complaining about the gossip and screen time that Taylor Swift is getting as it pertains to the NFL, are not adding to the problem, because they're simply complaining about it.

What needs to happen is people need to stop giving a s*** about celebrities love life. It's almost as if parents don't ever have that talk with their kids about what is and isn't their business.

I'd bet that Taylor Swift isn't a fan of all the screen time she's getting, either. She isn't the problem. People and their obsession of celebrities is the problem. They are just people. No need to obsess about them. They are no different, no better than us.
I agree with everything except for the first sentence in your last paragraph. If Taylor Swift wasn't a fan of all the screen time she's getting, she has plenty of influence and her agents could easily insist that the networks quit having their cameramen focus in on her. But she realizes that all that screen time helps her promote her products and enhance her brand, so my bet is that she not only doesn't mind all the attention, that she encourages it. If she didn't like it, she'd dress a little more discretely.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
You could have saved yourself the effort and said that you're engaged in a weird parasocial relationship with her.

It's ok I think she'll make it.
I guess if you had any kind of reading comprehension you would have known my post wasn’t some kind of defense for her, you’re right she is and always has been alright.

I just find it funny that this site has had hundreds if not thousands of posts from alpha dudes big mad about one of the most famous artists of this generation getting attention…and their answer to that is to post endlessly about her in every thread. That is called irony.

Maybe you’re just “engaged in a parasocial relationship” with Boohman14 and want to defend his right to enjoy fat drunk shirtless men…and that’s ok

bileever

Reaction score
I have to retract what I said earlier. I said that Taylor Swift does not make money for the NFL. Well, apparently, that isn't true. Taylor Swift's relationship with Travis Kelce has resulted in an increase in the sales of Kelce jerseys by 400 percent. And some marketing firm has calculated (based on what, I don't know) that Swift's relationship with Kelce has increased the Chiefs' brand value by $330 million. Of course the NY Post erroneous states in its headlines that Swift has "generated" $330 million for the NFL, but if you read the article, some company is just calculating that the Chiefs' brand has become more valuable because of her.

cymatica

Reaction score
For all you conspiracy theorists out there who are convinced that the NFL "steers" games, do you think that they will try to "steer" the Chiefs-Ravens game so that an extra 10 million or so will tune into the SB to see Taylor Swift?

And I have a follow up question: Taylor Swift wears enough red lipstick to graffiti a 100-car freight train. Am I the only man that doesn't find her attractive? Kissing her would be like kissing a clown.

It's official, we have a bonafide conspiracy theory

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't have a favorite I want to see win or a team I want to lose. I was rooting for the Lions for obvious reasons, but now that they've been eliminated, I don't have a horse in the race. I suppose that I'd rather see the Niners win as KC is getting a little too close to being a dynasty, and unless it's us, I don't want to see anymore Patriots-style domination.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I don't have a favorite I want to see win or a team I want to lose. I was rooting for the Lions for obvious reasons, but now that they've been eliminated, I don't have a horse in the race. I suppose that I'd rather see the Niners win as KC is getting a little too close to being a dynasty, and unless it's us, I don't want to see anymore Patriots-style domination.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I like how mad she makes people. Who cares.
It is silly isn’t it - maybe a whole minute per three hour game of her and people go bonkers. And it’s no secret why -

Wake up. Spin the outrage wheel ( or get it from your favorite “news” channel) and fume away.

I hope she dresses as Barbie and gets hammered off bud light and kisses a black paraplegic Santa.

knownone

Reaction score
The whole celebrity gossip industry is gross. So, I don't blame people for not wanting something they care about to be associated with it, even tangentially. Is that Swift's fault? Not really. But she is 100% at the center of it.

sutz

Reaction score
Sad to say, but much of the "hate" toward Ms Swift is politicis-based. That's about all I can say about that. 🤷‍♂️

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Sad to say, but much of the "hate" toward Ms Swift is politicis-based. That's about all I can say about that. 🤷‍♂️
Just like every other thing - dislike something that is inherently a non- issue because it’s either a perceived threat or you’ve been told to

Bobblehead

Reaction score
In fact with all the money and interest she draws.. perhaps a whole new slew of Swifty fans.. NFL needs to start paying her..If it was only Joe Namath.

chris98251

Reaction score
In fact with all the money and interest she draws.. perhaps a whole new slew of Swifty fans.. NFL needs to start paying her..If it was only Joe Namath.
Well I know Panty Hose are not fashionable these days but if she did a commercial for Leggs or someone maybe they can make a resurgence, I would watch it during the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.