Super Bowl bets?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Broncojoe

This is me and my friend 'Bronco Joe,' (Lt.Cmdr.,Ret.) He gets to wear a Seahawk hat for the next week. :D

Anyone else have some fun bets?

Largent80

Reaction score
I bet $400 on the Hawks to win @ Ceasars Palace back in Nov. Gonna drive over Saturday and party for free.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":237k1pcg said:
Hmm, bets? Why would anyone venture out like that?

;)
*snicker*

Learn your lesson on betting, did you? :lol:

In all seriousness, I bet $50 for the Seahawks to cover the spread in the NFCCG and $50 on the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl, so I'll be collecting $235 or so when I'm in Vegas in a few weeks. Should have bet more. Oh, well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2rvmo0m8 said:
Hmm, bets? Why would anyone venture out like that?

;)

LOL...good stuff.

Vegas had the biggest betting day in SB history yesterday. 119 million and no, Mayweather did NOT bet 10 mil on Denver. He said he "did not bet, but would have bet on Seattle" Which tells me he actually bet (something) on Denver. LOL.

Of that 119 mil, Vegas profited a record 19 mil. No, not "because 80% bet on Denver". That was as false as the Mayweather myth. They won their typical 10% plus "an inordinate amount of propositions were placed".

There were betters that collected on the 60-1 "1st score will be a safety" prop. I wouldn't bet such a thing but hey...if you're ever going to bet such a thing, doing so in a game with the best D in the league is not a bad time for it.

kjreid

Reaction score
I lived in donkey country from 2002-2008. A very good friend of mine that happens to be a huge bronco fan took me up on a bet that will put him in a Seahawk Super Bowl championship hat for the next year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I bet $40 with a Broncos fan co-worker, we also bet to wear the other teams jersey at the next big squadron event.

I then bet a 49er fan i work with to wear a 49ers cap at the next sq event.

I had though about putting money down on Manning +1 INTs and Lynch 90+yds.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I bet $50 at 12 to 1 and then $20 at 10 to 1, last feb for Hawks to win the superbowl, so I think it is close to $800. Looks like a new TV is in our future and coming soon for our house. So I am thrilled the Hawks won and doubly happy that I won some extra money to boot. Mostly I just had faith in our hawks.

Stuje1

Reaction score
I bet my co-worker, a lifelong Broncos fan from Colorado and season ticket holder, that the loser would have to change their facebook cover photo for a week to a championship banner and their profile picture would have to be them in the winning team's jersey. Enjoy the picture! (face and name has been blurred to protect the idiotic). Trust me, his face is full of shame.

It has only been up a couple of hours, and there are already dozens of comments. Some of my faves:

"Oh nooooooooooooo"
"That's a good look for you."
" just think about your sad family in Denver. Took down my Bronco flag today. Pete and Jeff are in bed with the covers over their faces. Oh well next year."
"Family disappointment!"
"ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?????"

Attachments

• Superbowl Bet.jpg
    Superbowl Bet.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 766

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I would never bet wearing another teams colors, I'd rather lose money than to wear another teams colors.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Have a dinner and beers coming from my brother in law. When my wife told me he wanted to do the bet I said lets do it, and then ask him what kind of Chiefs fan backs the Broncos.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Bet $100 on the Hawks when I was in Vegas a month ago. I also bet through a website, had $25 on Percy Harvin +2000 to win MVP, would have been a nice pay-day. Thought I had it in the bag until I realized we were whooping the Broncos so bad that we really didn't need to throw the ball much.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
After we lost XL, a pessimistic friend of mine was bashing on the Hawks saying we'd never win it all. Bet me $1,000 they wouldn't win it in our lifetime. I had to pay his kids if he kicked the bucket first. Long story short, I had forgotten all about it until today when he called and told me he intends to keep up his end of the bargain. I also had a $50 ticket from Vegas. Think I'll just cash that one in on a bet to repeat next year.

sdhawksfan

Reaction score
I bet a co-worker the following:

1. Have to wear a Seahawks adult onesie pj set as seen below all day at work
2. Stand in front of our very busy office building and open the door for 30 minutes to everyone coming in during the morning and say good morning. and go hawks
3. All day has to end every conversation with anyone with go hawks
4. Has to go pick me up lunch at the place of my chosen in the Seahawks onesie pj set

Victory is sweet!!! Tomorrow he pays up :)

nbr525.jpg

Starrman44

Reaction score
sdhawksfan":2jfuqitb said:
I bet a co-worker the following:

1. Have to wear a Seahawks adult onesie pj set as seen below all day at work
2. Stand in front of our very busy office building and open the door for 30 minutes to everyone coming in during the morning and say good morning. and go hawks
3. All day has to end every conversation with anyone with go hawks
4. Has to go pick me up lunch at the place of my chosen in the Seahawks onesie pj set

Victory is sweet!!! Tomorrow he pays up :)

nbr525.jpg

That's just precious. You gotta take some pics and some video clips. Sure wish there was footage of him getting you lunch. Hilarious.

sdhawksfan

Reaction score
Hahaha trust me there will be videos and pics. Everyone in our building knew about the bet and they are ready hahaha

Bullmeister

Reaction score
I put $200 on the Seahawks at $2.15 just before the start of the game. I'm not a gambling man and that is by far the largest single bet I have ever put on anything before.
Why did I do it? I guess I felt that the stars and the universe had finally lined up for the Seahawks.

Latest posts