Still the best in the NFC WEST

OP
OP
49ersNFCWsBest

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Purdy is not better than Geno, no way. But he is asked do a lot less and it works in the system. Frodo, you have yourself a bet.
You are a clown. Geno will be retired in two years. Purdy will be playing in the Playoffs in the next 10 years.

OP
OP
49ersNFCWsBest

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
That's what it is going to take if y'all are forced to sign Jimmy G.

Purdy is facing Tommy John surgery, they are just putting lipstick on a pig right now, while waiting on second opinions. My post is written from that scenario. Even if he doesn't require the surgery, the chances that he will be an effective passer in 2023 are slim.

Let me ask you this. In the worst-case scenario that Purdy is out for 9 to 12 months, what do you think the Niners do? Roll with Lance and a scrap heaper/ true rookie, or will they pay the going rate for Jimmy G?

Either way, San Francisco went from one of the best QB situations in the league to one of the more challenging.

Brady will be around the 41 million mark, and Rodgers will probably demand more than that.
TOMMY JOHN SURGERY? 😁😁😁😁😁😁. You obviously know nothing about his injury.

Two very different injuries.

Purdy will be ready before training camp. Try again.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
TOMMY JOHN SURGERY? 😁😁😁😁😁😁. You obviously know nothing about his injury.

Two very different injuries.

Purdy will be ready before training camp. Try again.
1 - I notice you waited until after the announcement before launching your adolescent jab. Woo woo for you.

2 - The final decision won't be made until they are in the operating room, and can evaluate whether the ligament is structurally sound enough for the tape to hold, there is sufficient length remaining in the ligament for a repair to be functional, and there are no bony obstructions to the repair. We always consent patients for TJ surgery when we attempt a repair, because there is no way to know for sure before opening them up.

3 - This idea that TJ is for chronic breakdoen type injuries while repair is for acute tears of a healthy ligament, is ridiculous. Yes chronic injuries are fat less likely to have sufficient ligament quality for a repair, but many times the damage from an acute injury is too bad for a repair.

4 - Having him back for training camp is optimistic, and may well put him at risk for repeat injury. This isn't baseball, where you can control the variables, and ease the player back into his role. This is football where the hits are random. He may be able to tolerate throwing ok, but that arm will be susceptible to further injury. If he were my patient, I would recommend he sit out a 9 to 12 months from any contact.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
1 - I notice you waited until after the announcement before launching your adolescent jab. Woo woo for you.

2 - The final decision won't be made until they are in the operating room, and can evaluate whether the ligament is structurally sound enough for the tape to hold, there is sufficient length remaining in the ligament for a repair to be functional, and there are no bony obstructions to the repair. We always consent patients for TJ surgery when we attempt a repair, because there is no way to know for sure before opening them up.

3 - This idea that TJ is for chronic breakdoen type injuries while repair is for acute tears of a healthy ligament, is ridiculous. Yes chronic injuries are fat less likely to have sufficient ligament quality for a repair, but many times the damage from an acute injury is too bad for a repair.

4 - Having him back for training camp is optimistic, and may well put him at risk for repeat injury. This isn't baseball, where you can control the variables, and ease the player back into his role. This is football where the hits are random. He may be able to tolerate throwing ok, but that arm will be susceptible to further injury. If he were my patient, I would recommend he sit out a 9 to 12 months from any contact.

Doc, can you speak to ulnar nerve damage as a part of this whole equation?

Purdy described the injury as an “extremely painful” sense of his forearm being Wrenched with extreme shock sensations. On his radio row interviews, he’s seen holding the Mike a little lower than you’d expect and absolutely gripping it.

94Smith

Reaction score
Why not? It’s only a hundred bucks and we’re fixin to stack up this offseason. The 49ers are definitely better on defense but we’ll close the gap this year, even tho we made the playoffs with 7 starting rookies and production from all. I bet if we draft well again it’ll be nip and tuck between the two teams for the division
Frodoooo. Where are you? Disappeared again? Are you actually going to pay up at the end of the year?

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score

I have to say, that was a very mature set of jabs; sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I have to say, that was a very mature set of jabs; sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped.
It worked out exactly as I hoped. How can one not like this kid, and the arc of his story. He has seemingly beat the odds.

Still, everything I said in that post is correct, and I stand by my medical opinion that he isn't fully healed, the arm is susceptible to further injury and, if I were his doc, I would advise him against playing this year, especially for a coach that seems to have a history of getting his QBs injured.

Being said, if I was Purdy, I would probably be playing too. I get it. You only get that one shot, and you are indestructible at that age. I hope the best for him.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I would be fascinated to know which peptides they used. Likely BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-Cu, and possibly ipamorelin, though, honestly, GH and its secretagogues don't seem to be panning out as well as one might expect.

I wonder if they use anything like ARA-290 for rehab.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I would be fascinated to know which peptides they used. Likely BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-Cu, and possibly ipamorelin, though, honestly, GH and its secretagogues don't seem to be panning out as well as one might expect.

I wonder if they use anything like ARA-290 for rehab.
What do you know about PRP or Stem cell for faster healing?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
What do you know about PRP or Stem cell for faster healing?
Works better for issues with the penis than for ligamentous injury. PRP seems to be better for more chronic, inflammatory type injuries. Despite the promise it once had for acute, orthopedic injury, it hasn't panned out when carefully studied. Stem Cells seem to be a better option, if you can harvest and separate out actual stem cells.