Shut up Jamal - this is embarassing

kidhawk

Reaction score
12th And Loud":1rlzkare said:
kidhawk":1rlzkare said:
Aros":1rlzkare said:
It's hilarious. What am I missing here?

You're not the one missing anything. It is hilarious and I love the fact that in his first season with us, Jamal can have some fun while at the same time add a little fire to the Seahawks/Rams rivalry.

That part is okay, not my style I played D1 ball but I am more from Barry Sanders school, flip the ball to the ref. But I get the game has changed since I played in the 90s. That is fine.

But can Jamal make an impact on the field for once instead of in the headlines?

So you're saying that setting the NFL record for sacks in a season by a safety (on a team sorely needing pass rush) isn't making an impact on the field? If you watched the games this season and don't believe that he's an impact player on our defense, then I'm not sure what more can be said (or done) to impress that upon you.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
12th And Loud":kbygboi1 said:
KinesProf":kbygboi1 said:
12th And Loud":kbygboi1 said:
Seriously? Is he smack talking the Rams after we lost to them? This is embarrassing. Still can't believe we don't have a 1st and a 3rd this year and no 1st next year. We probably won't even sign this box safety.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Prez/status/1350601725468524545[/tweet]

It must be absolutely awful for you having to go through life being this sensitive. Athletes talk trash to each other.

You know nothing about me, I am just hoping for more out of him. There was no benefit to this trade, we gave up 3 premium picks and this guy is going to walk in free agency.

His mouth ran him out of town in NY in the name of a contract. He still hasn't gotten paid and we aren't going to.

He should be focused on his surgeries, and rehabs. Then he should focus on covering a tight end or helping his team win a playoff game.

I seen what Ramsey said when they beat the Hawks on inside NFL it was a jab back at him and a funny one at that I take it you hated Sherm and ET.

The way I see it we hardly ever get a number 1 out of a number one pick so this was an excellent trade what more do you want to see out of him he improved our D tremendously, Game saving TD the energy he brought to the Defense is without question what the D needed they feed of of him. Before they would just walk off the field after the other team scored didn't look like any of them cared then Adams came and the Energy had picked up.

I love a player who talks a little trash at least you know their heart is in it, I think this D will be in great shape next year and Adams will be a part of it's success.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
The team went 12-4 and won the NFC West, the toughest division in the NFL. Honestly, with all respect 12th, your D1 experience...that's got to count for something.

This was Jamal's first season in Seattle...they're just finding out what he can do for them. Yikes.

And...you're not even on topic with your argument. The original post was about smacking back after Ramsey ran his mouth. Rams got wrecked by GB...

Dude, stay on target. We need this type of Alpha Dog player in Seattle. It left when Sherm left town.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2p33swqh said:
His reply was everything. Lock this dumbass thread.

So let's see...You don't like what the folks on this thread are saying so you want to shut it down..
Hmmmm, reminds me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it...???

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
misfit":2pyxhz0a said:
12th And Loud":2pyxhz0a said:
Elemas":2pyxhz0a said:
Well...NFC champs will be next to the Seahawks while "lost in the 2nd round won't".

Even if the Rams didn't talk smack after they beat us, I'm all for Jamal's post.

He's an absolutely incredible player who just needs to pick up some more on coverage...and I believe he will. He's young. Pro-Bowler. He brings a fiery attitude that, IMO, we need more of.

I'm ready to see more of the likes of him and DK playing with chips on their shoulders. They WANT to fight to win. Just like LOB.

What's not to like?

He is going to be 26, has been a liability in coverage every year of his career and now he is going to get better? He is exceptional at getting meaningless non game changing sacks.

Look at Pro Footie Wiz sacks by the margins option. It shows sacks weighed against the impact. He has a handful that matter but not enough for the contract he will want and not enough to offset his deficient pass coverage skills.

Don't believe me? Bump this post the day they let Jamal hit free agency. They aren't going to pay him. They already realize that 3 premium picks was a mistake. This defense was bad. All the defenses he has been on have been bad. You don't game plan for Jamal Adams. He doesn't factor in the passing game and you can chip him with a back.

Non-factor. Terrible trade.

Adams was actually pretty good in coverage in NY. At least early in his career.

Early in his career the story was about how many Interceptions he dropped. I did a corporate training event 5 miles from the jets practice facility his 2nd year in August. They had him working with a juggs machine to learn how to catch.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":39r84k6u said:
The team went 12-4 and won the NFC West, the toughest division in the NFL. Honestly, with all respect 12th, your D1 experience...that's got to count for something.

This was Jamal's first season in Seattle...they're just finding out what he can do for them. Yikes.

And...you're not even on topic with your argument. The original post was about smacking back after Ramsey ran his mouth. Rams got wrecked by GB...

Dude, stay on target. We need this type of Alpha Dog player in Seattle. It left when Sherm left town.

I am all about it we need more of alpha attitude with Stafford in the division now. Going to be a battle, I hope Jamal is up for it I worry because he seems all over the place lately. Did a podcast this week complaining about getting heckled by a kid in new york. He seems fragile but I hope he bounces back strong.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
JPatera76":3kirzai2 said:
It’s karma. I enjoy the “crap” talk from him. It’s nice to see. We have a banner the Rams don’t. Idgaf we lost to them. They saved us the embarrassment or losing to the Rogers.

What banner does Seattle have that the Rams don't?

Both teams jabbing at each other - I like it when division rivals do this, makes the games more entertaining

TAB420

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2tytwalu said:
JPatera76":2tytwalu said:
It’s karma. I enjoy the “crap” talk from him. It’s nice to see. We have a banner the Rams don’t. Idgaf we lost to them. They saved us the embarrassment or losing to the Rogers.

Both teams jabbing at each other - I like it when division rivals do this, makes the games more entertaining
This years NFC West banner. For the division.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
TAB420":2helel23 said:
Ramfan128":2helel23 said:
JPatera76":2helel23 said:

This years NFC West banner. For the division.

We will be admiring it for years to come. With Russ unhappy and no first round picks for years I am not feeling good about the future.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Everyone told me off when I posted this thread. I was right about Jamal. What a bad trade. What a bad contract extension.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
jammerhawk":22zcowhi said:
This is non-starter.

Our guy Jamal just gave back as good as they gave out.

It’s silliness and in fact a bit funny.

It’s hardly an embarrassment.

Is Jamal's play this season an embarrassment? Meet me in the middle here.

K

K.J WRIGHT

This will go down as the WORST trade in hawks history...he's flat out garbage! LOL

Tokadub

Reaction score
12th And Loud":3w2ptset said:
Seriously? Is he smack talking the Rams after we lost to them? This is embarrassing. Still can't believe we don't have a 1st and a 3rd this year and no 1st next year. We probably won't even sign this box safety.

Jamal seems to be on some kind of drugs or dealing with alcohol addiction. He seemed to have no idea what he was doing on the field today (or basically this whole season).

Or he's dealing with significant injuries...

Or he gave up on the season...

Or he just sucks...

He should really keep his mouth shut though since he can't perform on the field.

If it was up to me I would only play him to blitz and I would give Ryan Neal the majority of his snaps. Them together on the field was good last week but I think mainly due to Ryan Neal.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tokadub":2325sobv said:
12th And Loud":2325sobv said:

Jamal seems to be on some kind of drugs or dealing with alcohol addiction. He seemed to have no idea what he was doing on the field today (or basically this whole season).

Or he's dealing with significant injuries...

Or he gave up on the season...

Or he just sucks...

He should really keep his mouth shut though since he can't perform on the field.

If it was up to me I would only play him to blitz and I would give Ryan Neal the majority of his snaps. Them together on the field was good last week but I think mainly due to Ryan Neal.
The answer is that Jamal Adams is asked to play vastly different than how he played in NY. In NY he was a freelance safety with very little in the way of assignments. He lined up all over the place and was extremely aggressive. He has always been susceptible to double moves and such in coverage. NY was smart however and schemed around that deficiency. They took advantage of Jamal's unique skillset while also accounting for his weak spots in their coverage schemes. His former coach said it best when he said that "Jamal's going to be bored with the scheme up there in Seattle.

Here we're pegging him as your traditional SS. Often times he ends up matched with the slot receiver, and he has more defined roles. The thing that defined Adams as a player is his freelancing, aggressive nature -- his utter lack of shape and form as a player. We're trying to hammer a square peg into around hole. It's one of the reasons that I thought this trade was absurd when it was announced. Jamal's style runs contrary to Pete's defensive philosophy and it speaks more about the coach himself than it does Jamal Adams.

Seattle has an awful habit of acquiring players that don't fit what Pete Carroll likes to do, and then forcing them to conform to a system that highlights the worst aspects of their games. Jamal Adams has always been an aggressive freelancer that could be exploited in coverage. The NY Jets shifted their coverage to highlight his roaming abilities and aggressive attack. Seattle by contrast is forcing him to play in a disciplined, defined manner that is contrary to what he excels at, a manner that some might say highlight his weaknesses.

Ultimately Jamal Adams is just another Jimmy Graham -- a receiving TE being forced to play as a blocking inline TE. It's time to ask why all of these big blockbuster trades keep failing, and that answer lies on the shoulder of the coach himself.

seahawksny

Reaction score
That one block kupp threw on him, to open that hole for the RB shows difference in heart between the two. Embarrassing

xray

Reaction score
So much for the ' hybrid safety ' experiment . Way to go FA :!: :2thumbs: