Shopping for 3rd string QB, any suggestions?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate, dude has done damn near everything asked of him, he runs like a freight train, has uncanny touch on his throws, he has played 3 quarters of football and not looked pretty but he gets results... Why throw that away? Let Pete work with the kid and if it works out we have a beast on our hands. And it cost us NOTHING.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Napoleon Dynamite GIF
So you would rather have a trey lance?

Seahawker

Reaction score
Correction;
Ahlers threw 61 TD's and 4 INT's his senior year of HS, through high school... 145 TD, 28 INT for 11K yards.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Where's your proof? he had thrown over 14,000 yards in College, and prior to that, 62 Touchdowns in Highschool.
Is it the 3rd string WR's dropping passes? is that what you're going off of?

High school success means ****-all in the NFL and many statistical passers in College don't pan out in the NFL, look at Colt Brennan for reference. My proof is watching him throw the football during the preseason and badly at that. The first game he was 4/4 for 43 yards, 30 of those are that gawd awful horrible pass to Landers which Landers had to readjust and took it in for a TD, the rest were dink and dunk passes. The 2nd game he was 7/13 for 61 yards, on base vanilla defenses because he was too eager to tuck it and run it. Drew Lock isn't the best passer and he's been tearing the preseason up which tells you how little I think of Ahlers' arm talent and savvy. He's athletic and he's got balls but as far as a QB goes he's a less talented Tim Tebow.

m0ng0

Reaction score
High school success means ****-all in the NFL and many statistical passers in College don't pan out in the NFL, look at Colt Brennan for reference. My proof is watching him throw the football during the preseason and badly at that. The first game he was 4/4 for 43 yards, 30 of those are that gawd awful horrible pass to Landers which Landers had to readjust and took it in for a TD, the rest were dink and dunk passes. The 2nd game he was 7/13 for 61 yards, on base vanilla defenses because he was too eager to tuck it and run it. Drew Lock isn't the best passer and he's been tearing her is not the starting QB the preseason up which tells you how little I think of Ahlers' arm talent and savvy. He's athletic and he's got balls but as far as a QB goes he's a less talented Tim Tebow.
Again it's "optics" you don't like the way he "looks" ? He looks clumsy, he looks ill prepared? He is bad because he was playing against base vanilla defense? Who the F*CK Is he supposed to be playing against? Why don't you let this kid grow and see what happens instead of just being a meathead? Why don't you wait and see what he becomes? It's not like he is pushing Geno for the starting job, but see what Pete can do with this guy? Maybe just maybe he can become something...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
High school success means ****-all in the NFL and many statistical passers in College don't pan out in the NFL, look at Colt Brennan for reference. My proof is watching him throw the football during the preseason and badly at that. The first game he was 4/4 for 43 yards, 30 of those are that gawd awful horrible pass to Landers which Landers had to readjust and took it in for a TD, the rest were dink and dunk passes. The 2nd game he was 7/13 for 61 yards, on base vanilla defenses because he was too eager to tuck it and run it. Drew Lock isn't the best passer and he's been tearing the preseason up which tells you how little I think of Ahlers' arm talent and savvy. He's athletic and he's got balls but as far as a QB goes he's a less talented Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow your a$$, it's Your "Eye Test" OPINION that sucks Ba((s.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Remember when we got dinged by so called experts for not taking Willis? He played decent but still had 2 picks tonight. Definitely looking like a guy who should be a backup.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There's likely NO chance in hell that Ahlers plays a single snap in the regular season games anywhere in the NFL, BUT, there's absolutely ZERO REASON to dis on the guy, only smarta$$es do sh*t like that.
OH AND, "Landers had to readjust "? REALLY??? -> Literally ALL Receivers have to make adjustments in EVERY SINGLE GAME.

metwelve

Reaction score
Smith and Lock are a great QB room. Ahlers is a more than adequate PS developmental guy and certainly can play the role of running QB on scout team.

We are fine.
Agreed. Continuity in the QB room is vital to growth. I see a raw talent dual threat in Alhers. Give him a year with Geno, Drew, and Shane Walgren. Make the change in next year's draft if they don't see enough growth.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ahlers has EVERYTHING >EXCEPT EXPERIENCE< of GETTING SHIT DONE the NFL way, The guy can benefit to beat hell from Waldren, while working behind Geno & Drew, and that's an undeniable FACT, eh?
Give him a bunch of reps with the 'NUMBER ONES' to grow his craft, and I think he'd shock the shit out of a quite a few of his nay-sayers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Ahlers has EVERYTHING >EXCEPT EXPERIENCE< of GETTING SHIT DONE the NFL way, The guy can benefit to beat hell from Waldren, while working behind Geno & Drew, and that's an undeniable FACT, eh?
Give him a bunch of reps with the 'NUMBER ONES' to grow his craft, and I think he'd shock the shit out of a quite a few of his nay-sayers.
That would be a good thing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That would be a good thing.
Yep, that would be a hell of a lot better than just counting him out.
Many are calling him a 'Scrub' without even knowing a damned thing about him....Go figure.