Shopping for 3rd string QB, any suggestions?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ahelers has a chance. Are some of you guys rooting for Locks potential 16 to 30 turnovers a year?
Saying that we don’t think Ahlers is ready to be an NFL quarterback isn’t saying Lock is amazing. It’s just what it is. From what I’ve seen so far I would not want him on the field as our quarterback this season. Maybe he can improve given time but he’s not ready to step in and play so the best he can hope for now is third string or PS.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I thought Ahlers played well. Better than Heaps or McGough, who actually did great in usfl and might make Green Bay’s roster. Seeing them both in the same game next week will be great.

Chevy

Reaction score
Ahelers looks like a stud with the 3rd sting offense. His 3rd sting WR's were dropping perfectly placed passes. Ahelers would look so much better if he was running with the first string offense. I hope we don't try to sneak him onto the practice squad because I'm sure another team will claim him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ahelers looks like a stud with the 3rd sting offense. His 3rd sting WR's were dropping perfectly placed passes. Ahelers would look so much better if he was running with the first string offense. I hope we don't try to sneak him onto the practice squad because I'm sure another team will claim him.
Abso-freakin-lutely! Ahlers should have had several long completions that were dropped/misplayed by non-NFL-quality receivers like Dareke Young. I like what I'm seeing from the kid. Coachable too, now see him getting down after getting yards and skipping the big hit.

IMO he is absolutely worth keeping around as a developmental prospect. Even on the 53 if needed, though he'll probably get a really bad hangnail ;-) just before the season and have to go on IR. Hey, hangnails on your throwing hand can seriously impact your throws! I did like McGough, but this Ahlers kid looks like he has an "it" factor about him. So, of course Pete will cut him, another NFL team will snag him, and he'll be a career emergency backup who bounces from team to team for 10 years, like a highly mobile McCown brother.

sutz

Reaction score
Ahlers. His name is AHLERS.

LionBacker

Reaction score
Sign Rourke off the Jax PS.
He'd have to clear waivers first before they could put him on their PS. Somehow, I think someone else would/will claim him... Seattle's only number 20 on the waiver wire list, so the 'Hawks are probably SOL there.

Last edited:

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Does nobody have any patience for players in their first year anymore? 😅

He's the 3rd string QB on his 2nd preseason game in his first year in the NFL...cut him just a LITTLE bit of slack

Because he can't throw the football for shit and he's got the wrong attributes of Brett Favre in him

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Because he can't throw the football for shit and he's got the wrong attributes of Brett Favre in him
Did you expect the second coming of Favre out of him already as an UDFA? Some of you need to temper your expectations...He's an UDFA, playing one of the hardest positions in the NFL (and once again) is the 3rd string QB on his 2nd preseason game in his first year in the NFL.

He may end up very well being a bust, but what 3rd string QB is tearing it up currently in the NFL right now?

u0087966

Reaction score
Give a 5th rounder to the 49ers and take Trey Lance off their hands. If Carroll can make RW look like a stud QB, maybe they can do that with Lance a couple years down the road.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Ahlers threw for 62 TD's his senior year of high school.
Napoleon Dynamite GIF

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ahlers threw for 62 TD's his senior year of high school.
Where's your proof? he had thrown over 14,000 yards in College, and prior to that, 62 Touchdowns in Highschool.
Is it the 3rd string WR's dropping passes? is that what you're going off of?