Shopping for 3rd string QB, any suggestions?

toffee

Reaction score
We might have to sign a training camp QB, our viking prince may not be the one. Any suggestions? Sign a career backup? Sign a young unproven but with upside? Any names?

NoGain

Reaction score
Next year's draft is pretty deep in QB's. There's a bunch of QB's that fall into that hit-or-miss category that will be worth taking a shot on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cause turnovers win games?
Normally I’d just argue that Ahers has too small of a sample size and we run more under him but Ahers has had 2 fumbles in 2 appearances so I don’t think the turnover argument is valid

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Id give Ahlers Locks job. Save money. More upside.
You forgot your laughing emoji:) Lock is a lock for #2. Ahlers will never be a bonafide starter in this league unless whatever team he is on hits a San Fran like injury bug.

LTH

Reaction score
We might have to sign a training camp QB, our viking prince may not be the one. Any suggestions? Sign a career backup? Sign a young unproven but with upside? Any names?
Excuse me for not connecting some things I've not been connected.

Who is our Viking prince? And what is your reasoning for wanting another QB? Do you not like Ahlers?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Excuse me for not connecting some things I've not been connected.

Who is our Viking prince? And what is your reasoning for wanting another QB? Do you not like Ahlers?
I love kvinnas, especially skjaldmær so no problem with vikings at all. I just don't feel that he is NFL ready.

Jville

Reaction score
I think we are good at quarterback. I don't see a need to unravel the considerable progress that is being made at the quarterback position. I like what I've seen in the games. Their game performance has been an excellent reflection on the new quarterback coach.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I trust Pete and John to do the right thing with Ahelers, if they think he has potential to at least become a backup at some point then put him on the practise squad or even the 53 as QB3 if thet don't want another team to nab him (though I think that is unlikely). If they think they have seen enough that he will never make they will cut him and see who is available after other teams have made their cuts but I am pretty sure any 3rd QB we have will be someone who has never played and NFL snap probably a UFA. Geno and Lock are fine for 1&2 and we only really need to worry about anyone else if either of them get hurt.