Sherman vs Marshall 2012?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
When the Hawks played the Bears last year, how much of the highlight reel day that Brandon Marshall had was on Sherman?

A discussion with a Bears fan prompted this question, which I figured someone on here could help me answer.

As I recall, Marshall caught balls all over the field, and many/most were over the middle in the soft zone. Only perhaps a couple (guessing) were in situations where Sherm had one-on-one coverage.
Bears' fan of course is claiming that Marshall tore Sherman up repeatedly.

What Y'all got to say about it?
Thanks!

SE174

Reaction score
I'd have to go rewatch the game, but I thought that Browner was on him most of the day. I do remember that Sherm could've swatted that deep pass that resulted in the Bears tying the game, but instead tried to position himself for the pick and got beat by Marshall.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
He burned Sherman once for 56 yards and got a catch off Sherman for 13. Not sure if he picked up 8 yards on Sherman and Kam got the tackle or if Kam was covering Marshall on one play. All the other plays went against Browner except about 3 or 4 up the middle.

Axx

Reaction score
i remember him beating browner many times but browner was in great positions through out the game. Marshall just has really strong hands. I'm not sure how Marshall held onto the ball after it being swatted out by Browner.

The Radish

Reaction score
I always have one comment after players talking about various plays their team made in a particular game. Same one Tom Brady uses,,,,,"Look at the scoreboard".

Your guy did so good his team lost the game. So why are you now crowing?

:roll:

OP
OP
G

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The Radish":1l1jm4q6 said:
I always have one comment after players talking about various plays their team made in a particular game. Same one Tom Brady uses,,,,,"Look at the scoreboard".

Your guy did so good his team lost the game. So why are you now crowing?

:roll:
Yeah, he is a sour grapes Bear fan for sure. He was dissin' on Sherm, and that was the game he most remembered. Sounds like he remembered pretty selectively.

OP
OP
G

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1nhrianl said:
He burned Sherman once for 56 yards and got a catch off Sherman for 13. Not sure if he picked up 8 yards on Sherman and Kam got the tackle or if Kam was covering Marshall on one play. All the other plays went against Browner except about 3 or 4 up the middle.

That's pretty close to what I remembered off the top of my head.

Thanks.

dunceface

Reaction score
Sherman gave the golf clap a couple times in that game

golf-clap.gif

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yeah. Marshall beat Sherman when it was clutch time-that is indisputable.

Thankfully, we have Russell Wilson on OUR side.